New: Savage Obstruction - Bigger is Better

SAVAGE OBSTRUCTION - BIGGER IS BETTER

Witness the dawn of a new era in bush flying! Fly the latest and by far the greatest Savage, the Obstruction! Fitted with top-secret 50 inch Alaskan Humongowheels, because you asked for it! They are designed to provide the pilot with more privacy by making it harder for people to see you. We expect quite a demand due to the very nature of the bush pilot: to get away from it all. And now you truly can!! People can walk past your obnoxious aircraft and have no idea you were even inside!

Incidentally the aircraft’s stationary attitude makes for a great bear defence! With the mighty Savage Obstruction you’ll be safer than ever!

Fun fact: The Obstruction’s outrageous wheels are 1 inch bigger than a 747’s. Now that’s obnoxious.

DOWNLOAD from FLIGHTSIM.TO

• 230HP 2.5L V6 “Ford Mustang” engine, adapted for use in a cub.
  • Top-Secret 50" Alaskan Humongowheels.
  • 4 Bladed 6 foot prop for out-of-this-world acceleration and climbrate.
  • 90HP 10 Second War Boost (full throttle at 6200RPM)
  • 2 x 27 Gallon tanks to feed the thirsty V6.
  • 100% Custom lights with powerful landing light.
  • Enhanced Night VFR lights inside the cockpit.
  • Rearward facing landing light (“Torch” switch) for team leads so others can follow easily.
  • Reinforced structure, higher MTOW.
  • Comfortably cruises at 85kts, punch it to hit 100 in seconds.
  • Sustained climb rate of 2000fpm.
  • 500nm range at sea level at 4200RPM.
  • Wider wheelbase.
  • King Shock absorbers and upgraded suspension.
  • Powerful disc brakes.
  • A 3rd monster flap (60 degrees!) so you can fly slower approaches, with higher sink rates, giving you 50ft landing bragging rights.
  • Flaps move faster so you can pump them for short take offs and retract them at touchdown for maximum braking power.
  • Supurb ground handling.
  • Vortex Generators on wing and tail are accurately simulated, delaying stalls and enabling those slow STOL approaches.
  • Windshield de-icing (use the cabinheat lever).

GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER

Got Gravel

Making You Smile

Join our ever-growing family of fun-loving aviators (approaching 2000 members):

• Slow Bush Flights
  • Fast Air Races
  • Hangout and chit-chat
  • Epic Expeditions
  • World Tours

BE A SUPPORTER

The Obstruction is free and always will be, but if you enjoy it and feel you want to contribute towards this ongoing project it will always be appreciated.

paypal.me/gotgravel

buymeacoffee.com/gotgravel

MORE FREE BUSH PLANES!

Also check out the Savage Carbon (29" wheels, 165HP)

…and of course the mighty Savage Grravel (35" wheels, 230HP + 90HP boost, 4 bladed prop)

INSTALLATION

• First of all make sure the default MSFS Savage Cub is installed, this mod depends on it.
  • Delete older versions of the Savage Obstruction mod, if any.
  • Extract the ZIP file.
  • Drag the folder named gotgravel-savage-obstruction directly into the Community folder.
  • Restart the sim.
  • You’ll find Obstruction in your hangar all the way to the right near the default MSFS Savage Cub.

If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:

/Community
   /gotgravel-savage-obstruction
      /RTC
      /SimObjects
/Official

How to find the Community folder?

• If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
  • For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community
  • For Windows Store C:\Users\ [Computer Name]\ AppData\ Local\ Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalCache\ Packages\ Community

SUPPORT

Facing an issue? Head over to the Got Gravel Discord Server and check out the support-faq and support-discussion channels: Got Gravel

WAR BOOST

The Obstruction has a max continuous RPM of 5500 and a normal max RPM of 5800 (5 minutes). Now you can push the throttle further to reach an even higher RPM of 6200, delivering 90HP additional power to your engine for 10 seconds! During this brief time you will command a massive 320HP but watch your engine…your oil pressure and temperature will shoot up! Great for getting you out of a fix though, or to accelerate as fast as the fastest Lamborghini in the world, the Aventador Superveloce: with boost the Obstruction now does 0-100kph (0-54kts) in 3 seconds and 0-160kph (0-86kts) in 5 seconds…same as the Lambo.

THE TORCH

The “Torch” is a unique rearward facing landing light, similar to what was installed on Draco. When turned on (there is a switch in the cockpit), it will be easy for others to spot you from behind. Great if you are a team lead for a group flight!

SWAP YOUR PANEL

Choose your panel! You will find 5 panels to choose from in the swap-your-panel folder.

SWAP YOUR AIRSPEED INDICATOR

Choose your ASI face to be white or black! Select them from the swap-your-asi folder.

AUTOPILOT

The Obstruction has no autopilot installed (you will find none in the cockpit), but for your convenience I did tune and test the configuration for a relaxed experience. However, it is disabled by default.
To enable, follow the simple instructions below. You will also need to setup and use your own keybinds for autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold if you haven’t done so yet.

• Go to your community folder
  • Go to gotgravel-savage-obstruction / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Obstruction
  • Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
  • Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)
  • Restart sim if it was running
6 Likes

You and Aeroplane Heaven have made my day.

3 Likes

Ah that one!

1 Like

Finally! We’ve been waiting for so long… Has Mike Patey already started building this for real?

1 Like

If you’re referring to Mike Patey’s Scrappy, yeah it’s coming along nicely!

Here’s the latest vid on his progress:

But those wheels are non-obstructive! He should reconsider…

2 Likes

I know this is just an April fools thing, but this should become a project to make an unrealistic giant bush plane

1 Like

Now there’s an idea. Was, and still am, contemplating for this one to be a Limited Edition…sold out after 2 weeks perhaps (it being an April Fools plane and all). But, also curious to see what obnoxious and unrealistic things can be done. Party lights perhaps. A coffeecup holder. 6 bladed prop. Thoughts guys? Am listening :grin:

We certainly could use some extra light-heartedness in life.

Btw having said all that the physics are totally real behind this plane having taken into account the additional weight, drag, and shift of CG (not to mention massive buoyancy). It’s just that those tires dont exist! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

need to fit a B36 wheel on it

3 Likes

Omg…the largest aircraft tire in the world at 110"…

1 Like

The B36 alternative to that tire…in all seriousness it was researched to better spread the load of the immense weight of that bomber onto the runway and to handle grass fields.
Only 3 runways in the world at that time were rated to handle the B36.

1 Like

GotGravel, how did you know I love big b…s ?
Yesterday, I fell in love… All the story is in the video

5 Likes

8 bladed prop or bust!

2 Likes

Lol absolutely love that vid!!!

Coffee cup holder is for those airliner guys (the the a32x already has one). We need this:

5 Likes

I just read that the B36 later got 4 additional jet engines to its 6 (piston engine powered) props.

Hmmm… additional jet engines… Maybe controlled by the choke lever (who needs parking brakes anyway)…

1 Like

Good job guys! Thank you for this bird enhanced! Keep up the great work and inspiration!

1 Like

I don’t believe it…I am drinking exactly that same coffee brand as I’m reading this! It must be a sign…

I don’t have any good input for the plane so far, but it has a lot of potential. maybe a v8??

1 Like