New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hello Blazin.
I fly msfs also. I’m using XBox s series. The aircraft that I fly are the a320 Airbus, F-18 Hornet, and Cessna 172. I am willing to help you!
I’m in Juneau, Alaska.
My name is Rich

2 Likes

Thanks Rich, At this point, I am trying to find a diagram of the Hotas buttons that include labels for Xbox MSFS. I am also trying to figure out why I cannot get the flight training to load beyond the intro screen for each section. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Jim

Hello Jim.
Thrustmaster Joystick and Throttle is the only Flight Control System that works with MSFS.

Not sure why training freezes for you!
Sorry.
Gloomylake935 is my gamer tag. Come into msfs. Am on now

Rich

1 Like

Hello Al. Welcome to MSFS.
My gamer tag is Gloomylake935.
Come into the Sim

Rich

1 Like

Hi, you can call me: Texas1FlyBoy (or TFB for short).
I use Microsoft Flight Simulator on a PC.
I’ve been a flight sim enthusiast for over 20 years, with a recently renewed interest since MSFS 2020 was released.

5 Likes

Welcome TFB!!

1 Like

Hello Texas. I fly MSFS
My gamer tag is Gloomylake935, come and find me and we can fly

Rich

I just wanted to post that I just managed to get the Jack of All Planes achievement…

That’s LIRJ on Isola d’Elba, I flew there from LICJ with a strong tailwind.

And if there’s one tip for new simmers which I wish I’d got sooner, it’s the existence of Little Navmap.

Congratulations :tada:
Yes, there are a few apps that make life in MSFS easier.

[REFERENCE] Compilation of the best companion apps to use alongside MSFS2020?

Hi, my names Michael and very much new to this, in fact I’ve never played any computer games in my 65 years. But I am a hangglider pilot with a keen interest in all things that can fly. Just installed all the stuff a couple of days ago, and have 12 hours up so far, but A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS have arisen, so hear I am.
Greetings to all.

3 Likes

Hello Texas. Welcome to MSFS. I’m retired and am on most days. I’m o xbox s. Can help if need! Let me know.

My name is Rich

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hardware issues (Moderator Note: Will update title)

Hi, you can call me: Ace
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
I want to try flight simulation because: I have an interest in flying
I’m most interested in learning about the Garmin G1000 in the Cessna 172 Skyhawk in Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 Likes

Hi,

I am here because I like flying MFS202 as I find it relaxing and enjoyable. I also fly Falcon BMS but I switch it up from time to time. I do like some things that are aviation related and I am looking to become more proficient within MFS2020.

3 Likes

Hello Ace. Welcome to MSFS. I’m sorta new, but working on the G1000. Glad to help if I can.

Am retired, so am on most days. Live in Alaska
My name is Rich.

2 Likes

The Cessna Caravan probably. then the TBM930 is challenging.

Hello Jump. I’ve flown in F-16 Falcon Fighting Falcons, a combat sim. Also flight sim 95 is what I started with years ago. I fly the a320 Airbus and F-18 Hornet. Not sure what you are referring to!

I’m retired so I’m on most days.
Call me Rich

Falcon BMS is what has kept Falcon 4 alive all this years.

Hello. I’m John in the Midwest otherwise known as HaplessZulu1381, a name which I got stuck with at the sign-on screen and can’t change I guess.

Not a pilot here, but a long-time hardcore FSX flight simmer and sim fanboi going back to FS2000 and 2-D (you kids just don’t know).
Had some seat time as passenger in vintage and small aircraft a while back.

Just vicariously living the dream of every other person throughout history who looked up at the birds in the sky.
Very impressed with this program so far and remain a student of the craft.

2 Likes

Hi John,
Welcome to the forums.

You can change your gamertag one time for free. You can choose an auto generated one or create your own.

See this xbox FAQ here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag