New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi,
I’m Gordon
I am relatively new to Flight simulator.
I am using it on a XBox series X and a VelocityOne controller
Enjoying it a lot - but was having trouble learning initially. YouTube videos have been great to get me started.

I do intend posting some info on things I have learned and developed to help me get started.

Thanks

4 Likes

Hello Gordon. My name is Rich. Welcome to MSFS. I’m on XBox s. In the Co pilot program. Am able to help you with setup and flying. Useing the controller. Been into sims since FS 95, Combat sims. Started using MSFS after Xmas.
Flying the a320, HJet, Xcub, C172 and F-18 Hornet

Gamertag is Gloomylake935 so add me if you like

Rich

1 Like

Hello wellmade. Welcome to MSFS. My name is Rich. I’m on XBox s. I’m a Co Pilot. Would be happy to assist you in any way. I fly the a320 Airbus, HJet, X Cub and F-18 Hornet.

Rich

1 Like

Also I’m using Beta 10

Hi there!
Veteran user from DCS. I also own xplane 11.
Bought msfs last weekend taking advantage of the sales.
Flying vr since 2018.

Having great fun focusing on the very basics initial steps, c152.
Even watchingn twitch flight lessons from almost two years ago

4 Likes

Welcome @ProneEmperor667 to our community!

Filippo

3 Likes

Welcome To MSFS.

3 Likes

I never introduced my self here but guess I’ll put my intro here

Hey I am Malcolm and I fly

2 Likes

Welcome Cup, Malcom to MSFs

Rich (gloomylake935

1 Like

thank you…been flying for a awhile just wanted to intro here

Hi, not a new simmer, BUT, I started after I purchased an IBM Aptiva PC around 1995 (and then a 3DFX Voodoo graphics card) followed by several Dell and custom desktops and laptops, and by 2011 an Alienware M17XR3 (upgraded recently which I still use for all-around) … I played FS95, 98, 2002, FSX, Combat FS, Flight Unlimited II and III, and have had many 3rd party sceneries (e.g. multiple versions of San Francisco, Las Vegas, D.C., Seattle, and Hong Kong). I fly the Top Rudder Solo 103 ultralight the most, lets me do slow/detailed examination of surroundings and fly in very tight spaces.

I bought a MicroCenter PowerSpec G434 2 years ago when MSFS 2020 came out and am a rabid follower and tweaker of the many variables and am emminently grateful for this sim … an aside, my 28 year old son has an XBOX and plays Forza, but I haven’t been able to get him into MSFS yet (I also recall that in the earlier 80’s when I was an engineering grad student in a lab I tried to create a simple flight simulator though unsuccessfully) … :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hello, Just got the pc 2022 vers and look forward to meeting you all. New to this. I paid the money for the pc thing and i can not find out where and how to even play the game. Can you help please?

ty, John

4 Likes

Hi @JudgedBug901129, welcome to the game and forums!

What gaming service would you like to play by? Xbox app, STEAM, or MS Store?

Hello HamMan, ty for your help, I purchased the PC Ms store i believe.

1 Like

So, to download, you will want to go to Microsoft Store (search for ‘Microsoft Store’ on your PC) then once MS Store is opened, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator then open the card that comes up. You can then choose from three editions: Standard, Deluxe, or Premium Deluxe. Click “Buy” and the game will download.

I hope that answered your question :grin:

2 Likes

Oh my Goodness!!! it is downloading now by your instructions !! … I hope to get to know you better as time goes on TY so much.

John

2 Likes

No problem!

Happy flying!

ut oh, maybe i need u again… it hit 94.96 MB download and is just setting there ??

i hit pause and then it run again and it seems to be doing something

1 Like

It may take a while to download-your PC may take occasional stops in the download. If it stalls for quite some time, let me know and I would be more than happy to help!