New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I go by radioactivated or xnopyt (I prefer the former since it isn’t an increasingly stale Tom Scott reference). I’m playing on PC.

Before now, I messed with the Google Earth flight sim years ago, and I’ve known a few flight simmers/pilots IRL, but couldn’t justify getting sim equipment since I was moving around a ton for school. Now I have some free time and money, I figured it was good time to get into sims for myself. Who knows, maybe I’ll be in a real training plane some day.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m Sid, from India.
I joined this flight sim community in 2020
I am trying to post an issue, on the forum,
but I am unable to, it says :
“An error occurred: You are not permitted to view the requested resource.”

2 Likes

Hello Sid,
Welcome to the forums!

The forum has Trust Levels and new members are at Trust Level 0. When you reach Trust Level 1 you will be able to create a new topic.

This is easy to obtain. :slightly_smiling_face:

See this guide here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trust-levels-and-how-to-advance/121729

3 Likes

Hi, this is FosterGame70316
I am new and just purchased MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe for PC - Digital.
I have flown all the MS flight sims at some time or another. The graphics improvements look amazing!
I am interested today in learning how to install my purchase on a Windows 11 PC. I’ve been reading here and seems there’s lots of directions in how to do it. Will the install procedure have a written details? Just looking to have a clean install on a ‘dedicated’ pc.
Thanks for having me!

i-7 12700 12th Gen
Nvidia RTX 3060
16GB RAM
512 NVMe SSD
1 TB SATA HD 7200rpm

3 Likes

Hi, there. You can call me Seansgame5.
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on PC.
I am brand new to flight sim.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @FosterGame70316 and @Seansgame5!

1 Like

**Hi, you can call me: Ceezy
**I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: a dusty old PC
**I want to try flight simulation because: it’s a new and interesting challenge.

4 Likes

Hi @FosterGame70316 !

Welcome here! Did your installation go well? If not, this should get you going:

Alternatively, if you purchased the Steam version:

Feel free to ask and search the forums for information and help if needed. You can always reach out to one of our copilots (@copilot)

Happy flying!

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @AnimalAxis41679! I’m sorry you had a traumatic flight. We hope MSFS will be able to help you get back to flying like you used to!

If you are curious about building a VR Setup for MSFS,

I recommend looking through posts in the VR section here:

If you want help finding the best headset with your PC setup, feel free to create a post in this section for Community help:

1 Like

Good I’m Aser from Spain
I fly on Xbox Series X, years ago I was on PC but I no longer met requirements and 1 month ago I bought the console.
My Gamertag is: Aser90 #3056
I’m flying with A320neo and F18

I would like to join a Spanish-speaking virtual airline but I have not found any. If you know any tell me plis.

I am delighted with the simulator, I find it fascinating to be able to do it from the console.
Best regards.

3 Likes

Hey @Aser903056!

Welcome to the forums! When you get a chance, take a look at the Code of Conduct to learn the rules here, and check out #msfs:forum-guides for some forum tips.

I also found a virtual airline that is looking for Spanish-speaking pilots, if you are interested!

LINK:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. Now I keep an eye on what you have sent me although I just saw that airline and it is PC and I from Xbox I was already with them talking …
They use a PC program to record and enter flight data. Being from Xbox I can’t record that data.

2 Likes

I hope that one day the xbox version will also have simconnect and developers will be able to create xbox software.

1 Like

Thanks! Haven’t installed yet……

**Hi, you can call me: Blade Hopper1
**I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
**I want to try flight simulation because: I’ve had a love of aviation ever since I was a little kid.
**I’m most interested in learning about Helicopter Flying and Navigation in Microsoft Flight Simulator
I am a newbie to flight sims and found this forum by searching on the Internet. Nice to meet you all !!!

4 Likes

Just received the FS 2020 program with an X Box S and Thrustmaster Hotas joystick. I have used FS in the past including FS X - in those days the videos were cartoonish compared to present times. 22 years in the USAF as a jet engine mechanic. F-lll’s and KC 135 Tankers. Have done thousands of full power engine runs for maintenance.

3 Likes

Hi @BladeHopper1 welcome to the community! Have fun here and flying!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @BladeHopper1 and @OxtailDrop24610!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

1 Like

Welcome to MSFS Oxtail. I’ve got the Xbox S series, also the TM HOTAS.
Gonna add you in the friends list.
I’ve also been interested in Aviation since a kid!
Let’s fly. I’m in Alaska
Rich

1 Like

New here too. The learning curve is steep but getting better

2 Likes