New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

hey, im traindeer!
i’ve played flight sim before but am re-discovering it now.
im based on pc(xbox app) and the nearest airport to me is helsinki-vantaa

4 Likes

Hi there, I’m new to MSFS but have been summing on XP for sometime.

4 Likes

Hi, you can call me: James
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: (PC)
I want to try flight simulation because: I want to be a pilot when I’m older
I’m most interested in learning about how to use the mcdu more often in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Entity3037663 @DuckyNine293799 and @unhackable35 !

Glad to have you here on the forums and in the virtual skies! Feel free to look around the different categories on this forum and maybe join a discussion or ask a question yourself.

Happy Flying!

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! :grin:

Glad to have you all in our flight sim family!

See you in the skies! :airplane:

2 Likes

Hallo,
After retiring I hope to enjoy MFS on Xbox.
It always was something I wanted to do but… you need time, especially to learn.
I hope this forum will help me.
Regards,
JoDe

6 Likes

Hello @MythicalFlame34,

Welcome here! I’m pretty sure the community here on these forums are happy to help when needed :). Feel free to browse the different categories here and if there’s any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them!

Enjoy your time in the virtual skies!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Cessna Citation CJ4 no matter what waypoint I enter in the square boxes it tells me “invalid input”

I’m new here but not to the franchise. Just got 2020 a few days ago after several years hiatus from my last edition 2004.

Things sure have changed.

3 Likes

My goodness the layout of this forum is so insanely complicated I just spent 30 minutes clicking everywhere looking for a way to create a new post to get some support and failed miserably. Then I just realised that one can not even get support for a product you just purchased; MSFS2020 because the site basically does not trust you… :no_mouth:

Oh well.

Keeps the bots out I’m sure. I just got here yesterday. Give it a day or two, browse around and read, and you should quickly get upgraded to where you can do more.

I signed up, made my post above, browsed a bit and when I returned the next day (today) I had clearance.

5 Likes

Correct. This is the reason.
But can also cause issues with new (real person) users who have joined the forum. However, it is easy to obtain the next Trust Level for advancing.

@MontyChris7369
I’ve advanced your Trust Level so you should now be able to create a new topic.

5 Likes

Been using this forum for a little over a month. Whenever I post a new topic, I’m told I need to select 1 tag from platforms. The choices are “ms-store”, “xbox”, “steam” and “xcloud”. I’m running MSFS on a PC. What is my platform? I’ve been using “steam” but I don’t even know what that means.
(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question, but I could not find a general forum help category)

It depends who you purchased the sim from.
If you purchased it from the MSStore, use that tag.
If you purchased it through Steam, obviously use that one.

Hi all,

Have tried flight sims since my Commodore 64 days back in the 80s and have tried various MSFS releases.

Bought 2020 when it came out, and had big plans. Even built a “mega computer” at the time (2080 ti) which at the time was the top dawg, but alas, now pretty dated. MSFS 2020 runs reasonably well on high settings, but I can tell my computer lags behind.

Played a few months after release, then forgotten as I game quite a bit and have lots of distractions. About a month ago I got fed up that I had a Yoko yoke collecting dust in the basement, and said, “I bet the sim has a bunch of new content and features” and jumped back in. Oh I’m happy I did.

Fast forward to today and completely addicted. Picked up the Kokiak 100, PMDG 737-800 and Fenix A320. Also have my old logitech rudders, added a RealSimGear auto pilot panel, using my 12 button Stream Deck, and the Thrustmaster Captain Edition throttle and stick (I use the Yoko for traditional yokes and the stick for the A320 and other stick planes).

Love all three of my main planes, but now really focused on the A320. I like that I can take it up in the air for a five hour flight and it flies itself basically (and I can do other things like work, watch youtube tutorials, etc.) .

I’m gonna need to upgrade my computer at some point but will probably wait for next gen video cards to come out.

Hope to be active member of community and maybe even fly with some folks here.

WolverineHusky

5 Likes

Hi! I am new to the forum, and new to using the sim. I am so new to using flight controls that when a tutorial says to click for an external view, it doesnt work when I do it!

is there a book, video, or manual that walks thru how to learn controls, keyboard commands, even things like what a x axis is?

5 Likes

Hi there @Juggernaut25825 and welcome.
Many users tend to customize the controls to their own set-up.
Here is a short video that I hope will help you in mapping controls.

Peter hepp

Feb 27, 2024, 03:00 GMT+1

Hi, enjoy the forum but some is too complicated for me. Got my interest in flying a Cub J3 with my uncle as a kid. Had my first sim as a MSFS 95. Most of my challenges have been with my equipment. Flying a Turtle Beach V1 which I am replacing with a Honeycombe Alpha and bravo throttle, on delivery, and replacing my Alienware laptop with an Aurora desktop, fully specked out (3TB RTX 4090 etc. I love all the tutorials like bush trips and landings, most bush trips completed, boy, hours there but I get more as I continue to download. So I need a Forum Sherpa to help get started and a spot on the Forum to commiserate about equipment like mapping controls for my new gear. Also I would be very interested in learning about any groups meeting in San Antonio, TX. There is a bit of what is on my mind. Looking forward to joining the Forum family. Retired military, Combat Vet.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Newhornet12!

The forum takes a while to get used to (at least it took me a while). Click this link to go to the Forum Navigation section, where there are a number of topics that might help you understand how to get around the site.

Click this link to go to the Hardware & Peripherals category where you can read posts & ask questions about peripherals such as the Honeycombe Alpha and Bravo throttle that you plan to use.

The friends, clubs & groups section is where you could look for Texan groups. A quick search on the word “Texas” in that section included the following threads:

Texas Pilots
Texans (and those who wanna be)
Texas Pilots

Hope this helps get you started, & fun in the skies! :small_airplane:

3 Likes

Hi, you can call me: Matt, Matsup
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC with VR
I want to try flight simulation because: I’m a Plane Mechanic IRL and curious about flying and different model aircraft.
I’m most interested in learning about VR in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

4 Likes