New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

@Pilotman6299 Welcome to the forums. You may want to post that question here:
User Support Hub Aircraft & Systems

2 Likes

Howdy. I started using MSFS when I was in my 20ā€™s (the 80ā€™s). I moved to the Dallas area after graduating college and decided to take up flying as my new hobby. On my first flight out of Addison airport, I KNEW how to fly the C152 - I even did an ILS approach at Denton! My flight instructor was blown away. I soloed at 9 hours and went on to get my license and continued flying for another couple of years.

Now at 63 years, Iā€™m back to MSFS and doing it in style. I bought a dedicated gaming PC, Honeycomb / Saitek controls and Aviatek G1000 avionics with an 80 inch display (that I already had). Iā€™m reliving my old flight days in the C172 (gauges and G1000) and exploring ā€œnextā€ aircraft like the Bonanza and DA40. I plan to continue by learning IFR skills and larger aircraft up to commercial level. If Iā€™m still alive, Iā€™ll play around with helicopters and fighters. Iā€™m excited to be back!

If I may ask a question: I donā€™t seem to be able to post new topics. Is that because Iā€™m new to the forums? If so, what does it take to get to that point?

Lastly, the post Iā€™d like to make is about MSFS losing sound when the program is running and the computer goes to sleep and then wakes up. I have to restart the program to get sound back. Feels like something that could be fixed. Any suggestions on how to get this question onto a forum category?

Thanks! Ron

1 Like

Welcome @Pilotman6299! I donā€™t know myself how to do it as I donā€™t fly the PMDG much, but, as Beech said you can make a new topic in that category. Hope to see you in the skies! :airplane:

Welcome also, @MasterZuninator! Thatā€™s so awesome how well you flew the C152, flight simulators do work wonders! :smiley: And welcome back again to flight simming :slight_smile:

No worries about asking questions!

The forum uses this thing called ā€œTrust Levels.ā€ This a way so that new members donā€™t ā€œhurtā€ themselves as they learn the forum and the features that come with it. To create a topic, you must be at Trust Level 1. There is more info here: Trust Levels and How To Advance

Achieving Trust Level One is easy. The criteria is:

• Enter 5 Topics
  • Read 5 Posts
  • Spend at least 15 minutes reading posts on the forums

Once you do that, you will receive a Personal Message from the system saying that you have been upgraded to Trust Level 1 :sunglasses:

There is this topic here you can read for further info: Why Canā€™t I Create a Topic?

Cheers, and welcome again! :airplane:

1 Like

Perfect sorted thanks. I was going to post there but the button didnā€™t appear until I ā€˜Levelled upā€™.

Hello everxybody

you can call me: Quasarhund7
I am from Germany and in the age of 48
working as IT Administrator in Germany

I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC and could play one my XBox Series X :slight_smile:
I want to try flight simulation because: its really awesome to discover the world by Air

Just needed a game to test my new gpu (at that moment Radeon XT 7800 Steel Legend) but i loosed control over my self and now i stayed because the game is really nice!

Started in August getting hungry for more so i invested in 2 new android tables for the cockpit devices and Santa Claus braught Thrustmaster T16.000 M with pedals and throotle which works really fine :slight_smile:

Id like to watch a lot of documentary about planes and airports and feels like a young boy whoĀ“s dreaming to get a pilotā€¦

Now i am not so young i am in the age of 48 but really interested and enjoy to telling others my experiences, Addins, Liveries, Planes and Hardwarestoff, some issues with installing and downdownslodownloading the fully game

i also share my experiences on youtube, Channel Name is same as my nickname

looking forward to getting more experience (specially landings!) i would really appreciate later to share the cockpit to fly together

my fafourite Plane: FlyByWire 320 / Headwinsim A330
locking forward for A380 the little princessā€¦hopely it will be ready when MSFS 2024 is released

Addins: Fenix A320, Headwindsim A330, GSX Pro, Flow , Little Navmap, some Airports, sceneries etc. which i manage with Addon-Linker

for a new guy i think i invested a lot of time and looks more like a pro which i am not really :slight_smile:

My Hardware:
Asrock Z670 Steel Legend AM5 Motherboard
Asrock XT7900 Taichi XTX (the new one since a few days)
64 GB DDR5 5200 RAM
Cooling: AIO Watercooling NZXT 360 RGB Elite
Samsung Evo SSD

Wish u all happy landings and if some questions, don t hestitate to write me!
See ya

5 Likes

Hello @QuasarHund7, welcome to the forum!

That is the reason I love Microsoft Flight Simulator so much, you can choose anywhere in the world and you will see something new! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello! I am new to MSFS in Dec. I love (basically obsessed with aviation) and have wanted to get into MSFS for a long time. I am playing on an Xbox X series with a Thrustmaster Hotas. I am excited to dig deep into everything once I have a good command of the basics.

5 Likes

Hello @SwizzleStyx1293, welcome to both the forum and MSFS! The sky awaits!

Hello Swizzleā€¦Welcome to msfs 2020 .you and I have the same setup and console.
Add me if you like.

Rich

Hello player.
I am able to assist you.
Add me if you like.

Rich

Hi guys & girls

Iā€™m back to flight sim after many years away. I basically didnā€™t have the time to spare but the interest never goes away.

My interest was basically based on my experience as a student pilot back in the 80ā€™s in Scotland where I was studying for PPL, then got married and everything got too expensive.

I flew Piper tomohawkā€™s and C150ā€™s at Glasgow Airport before light aircraft shifted to a smaller field nearby. I fondly remember my first solo which I did not so well but ATC put a 757 on orbit for me so I could finish a circuit. The weight of the instructer next to me makes a lot of difference, the plane wouldnā€™t come down as normal which was a bit weird.

Anyway, since then Iā€™ve flown in a fighter jet trainer, some Chineses Nanchung trainers in a dog fight and a Grunman thingy. Iā€™ve been lucky enough to try a real pilot simulator in UK on a 737 which was expensive but good fun.

Iā€™m not really that keen to get back to flying, who knows? But recent life changes have given me more time to spend flying a desk computer. At this stage I think flying a real plane is easier as you donā€™t have to look for keys and keyboard buttons, the world is around you and not just a screen but guess Iā€™ll get used to it.

Anyway. Cheers
Steven

7 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m Rob - Iā€™m new to flight sim although not to flying. I just retired from flying business jets. Iā€™m also a flight instructor and a former air traffic controller. Flying was easy compared to simming, at least so far. I have a dedicated PC for Flight Sim with the Alpha and Bravo controls. So hereā€™s a dumb question. Where the heck can I find the parking brake on any of these controls? Iā€™m trying to fly real-time here and in Chicago so itā€™s dark. Right now I canā€™t even find the switch to turn on the interior lights. Seriously I must have missed the first couple of lessons I guess, right?

7 Likes

Newbie here. Have had a nice unit for over a year and cannot get off the ground. I have X Plane 11 and havenā€™t been able to use it because I am so inexperienced. I thought I may try MS Flight Simulator and achieve better results with their tutorials. Any sugestions?

3 Likes

Welcome new folks to the forum and flight sim community! :airplane:

1 Like

Hi All,

My FS 2020 name is ā€˜Djeemz666ā€™
I play FS 2020 on PC and i am a newbie ! I am playing since 25th of january 2024.
I am interested in learning about navigation, flightplan, ILS VFR etcā€¦(programming in Garmin) and off course looking forward to fly bigger planes. But first things first !!
My favorite plane at this moment is ā€˜Cesnna 172 Skyhawk (Garmin G1000)ā€™
If you like to add me as a friend that would be nice. I have 0 friends right now :wink:
I am born and raised in Belgium but i live in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advanced for being helpfull and for the nice times.

Grtz. Djeemz666, (Steven)

5 Likes

Hey there @Djeemz666! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: If you want any help with learning to fly or anything like that, let me know and Iā€™ll be happy to help!

I also suggest watching some YouTube tutorials as well as they can be really useful. Who knew YouTube could teach you how to fly a plane! :grin:

Anyways, Iā€™ll add you as a friend when I get into the sim later today so that you can start growing your friends list. :wink:

See you in the skies! :airplane:

2 Likes

Hello HamMan2118,

Thanks for youā€™re reply. Indeed youtube is the max for everything. But still just copying what they tell you will not teach you being a good FS pilot.
So i am looking forward for some knowledge from real Pilots in FS.(or real life)

Looking forward to have you as a friend. As i told you i 'm a newbie and my technical English is not that perfect.

If you have any youtube vidā€™s in suggestion please let me know.

Have a nice day and indeed see u in the sky! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there! Check out Kip on the ground on youtube.
Easy to follow and understand.
Best way to get better as a sim pilotā€¦.
Practice practice practice :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Whitedog5128,

Thanks for the tip Iā€™ll check it out in a minute now.
Nice to hear from you

Grtz Djeemz