New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome in, @RoachclipNL and @BCsimPilot! Glad to have you with us :airplane:

See you in the skies!

2 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flightsim! :grinning:

These forums will have answers to many of your questions! For example, have a look at this page where you can download manuals for many (if not all - I haven’t checked) of the aircraft that came with the sim.

Have a look at:
How to start with navigation? - User Support Hub / Aircraft & Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

and Garmin’s support site.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hello my name is Chris alias mcnobody.
I am simming since FS1998 and have spent quite an amount of time into repaints. More into flying now. It’s great to see where MSFS has come to.
Best regards,.

6 Likes

Welcome Chris!

Yes it has definitely made a leap forward compared to the previous iterations :blush:.

Blue skies and happy flying!

2 Likes

Greetings… new to the forum, but not to VR simming…
How does one get “votes”? is it a time bases thing for new members or does it require a certain number of posts?
thx

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

Here is a link to the article that explains our Trust Levels.
The higher your trust level, the more forum abilities you get.

Good Flights!

3 Likes

thx… appreciate that link…

1 Like

Hi, you can call me: Thegurlinpurple
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: Xbox (hope to migrate to PC later this year.
I am retired/disabled ATCer and aviation enthusiast. Played MSFS from Mac version to 2004 and trying to get back into it. I have neurological issues that affect my eye hand coordination so since I can’t fly anymore offline, hoping to enjoy the simulated environment again.

6 Likes

@TheGurlinPurple Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to msfs 2020.
I’m retired. Fly the a320, F-18 Hornet, and Typhoon. Also the general aircraft.
Add me if you like.

Rich

2 Likes

Welcome to msfs 2020
I fly RC helps also in the sim. Add me if you like
Rich

2 Likes

Helis
RC Helis and in the sim
Rich

2 Likes

Down the rabbit hole I go!

Dabbled with MSFS in the late ‘80’s on a Bluechip PC. Hiatus ‘til the late 90’s when I built a PC, not much time to fly so…

Thought it’d be interesting to build a gaming PC so I’m back. Perusing the forum for ideas/recommendations on yokes, controllers etc etc. Just looked at some of the cockpit threads, amazing!

Haven’t even downloaded the software yet, next on the list. Is the F4 Phantom an available aircraft? I was a maintainer, AT, back in the day, managed to cop a few backseat rides, fun stuff.

Any recommendations on newbie hardware would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Hello,
Been using MSFS for about 2 years and no offense intended, but I have not really ever thought about using the forums, but I have a problem and thought I could get some help, so I joined. Sadly, I cannot even figure out how to even start a new topic, so I guess I won’t find the answer here. Have an epic day!

4 Likes

Hello. Welcome. To MSFS 2020
You need to read a few posts the you will be upgraded

Rich

1 Like

Hello Kenny. Welcome to MSFS2020. Retired. Have flown FS since 95. Fly the a320, f-18 Hornet Typhoon and GA aircraft. Add me if yo like

Rich

1 Like

Hello Tony.
Welcome to MSFS 2020
a320 Pilot, F-18 Hornet and GA Aircraft.
Add me if you like.

Rich

1 Like

Hallo zusammen - ich hoffe, Deutsch ist in Ordnung. Kurze Vorstellung: Ich spiele Flugsimulator am PC, zwischendurch auch mit VR-Brille. Ich bin an jedem neuen Update interessiert - auch das gemeinsame Spielen ist kein Thema. Ich freue mich über Unterstützung, damit ich auch das 2024 testen kann - mehr Grafik - mehr Leistung - mehr Gefühle…

My English is not good, but here is a translation in your language: Hello everyone - I hope German is okay. Short introduction: I play flight simulator on PC, occasionally with VR goggles. I am interested in every new update - playing together is also not an issue. I am happy about support so that I can also test the 2024 - more graphics - more performance - more feelings…

2 Likes

Warm welcome to @mcnobaddy @psjshep @TheGurlinPurple @F4JPC @Player187712174 and @BlushfulVenus36!!

Glad to have you in the community and flight simming world! :airplane:

Cheers and I hope to see you all in the virtual skies!

2 Likes

Is it possible on the 737 to swap the N1 gauge for a EPR gauge?

1 Like