New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, coming from FSX to MSFS. Got through the 160GB download and ready to go but struggling a bit getting my old MS Sidewinder 2 to work. I need to post a couple of questions in the right forum but can’t for the life of me spot how to post a NEW thread. Can anyone help please?

4 Likes

Hello @InverseLotus881,
Welcome to the forums!

If you are unable to create a new topic, see this guide about Trust Levels and how to advance.

I have manually advanced you to Trust Level 1 and this should now give you the ability to create a new topic. When creating new topics, assure you are in a subcategory of the main category. For your question about hardware, post in this subcategory: Hardware & Peripherals

1 Like

Hello fellow pilots,
I am playing MSFS on Xbox Series X.
I generally fly the Cessna 172 or a cub bush plane.
Maybe soon i will grow up and fly an airliner.
Been playing MSFS since I was a kid MS 3.0, 4.0, but been away for a while, so trying to get the hang of it again.
I live in NC, but lived in Alaska for 10 years, so I love to fly around Alaska in MSFS.
Really love the sim despite its bugs at times, along with the aerial photography and photogrammetry. Make it completely worth the experience.

4 Likes

Welcome welcome @Ranger5638! :partying_face: Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

I do like flying the C172 as well. Fairly simple and it does the trick for most flights :smiley: However, I am mainly an airliner guy. You can see me flying in the CRJ900 or the Fenix A320. If you want help with learning how to fly airliners, let me know! Will be happy to assist. :airplane:

See you in the skies!

2 Likes

Thank you, I can now see a New Topic button.
I’ll see how I get on before posting any questions.

1 Like

Hi all , new here but have been a casual ish flight simmer for a long time and have a keen interest in commercial aviation i enjoy the Airbus and have a few hours in the Tollis A321NEO on Xplane11 PC.
i have just purchased an Xbox series X to try out MSFS and very happy so far, i have completed several flights around the UK using the ILS etc.
Looking forward to being part of this community and hopefully there are a few more Xbox pilots out there.

4 Likes

There are lots of them here, welcome aboard!!

1 Like

Hi everyone my name is Chaser and I have probably had most every version of Microsoft Flight Simulator that has been published, I fly on a pc with CH Products. I hane not been on the sim for several years and now I have a little more free time, I have fired things back and purchased the Deluxe edition of the software.

I am in Fort Worth Texas US and my home airport is Spinks Field (KFWS).

5 Likes

Thank you sir. I may hit you up on that at some point, once I am ready for longer flights!
appreciate it.

1 Like

Welcome @VitalLime665776 and @Chaser647492 ti the forum! Glad you are here! :cowboy_hat_face::airplane:

1 Like

Hello all aviators. I’m new here and just started playing. I have done all the training lessons and know roughly how it works. But how do I proceed now? How can I learn the big planes? Is there any practice on FMC/ILS and how to navigate/fly from point A to B? Appreciate if anyone could help.

4 Likes

Hi @TonyFly74!

welcome to the forum and community :slight_smile: There are tons of tutorials on YouTube which can assist with that, unfortunately there are not any in-sim missions at this time.

See you in the skies! :airplane:

2 Likes

Look for any real life reference books on the aircraft and systems you’re learning in so you know your aircraft well

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help to determine if i should use a desktop or a laptop and the best flight stick to get

A post was split to a new topic: New to Sim, Help Needed

How do you start a new topic? Sorry to keep replying here, but can’t seem to do anything but reply. I have a question about getting a list of key and controller button bindings.

Hi @JohnnyRotten410!

The forum uses this thing called “Trust Levels.” This a way so that new members don’t “hurt” themselves as they learn the forum and the features that come with it. To create a topic, you must be at Trust Level 1. There is more info here: Trust Levels and How To Advance

Achieving Trust Level One is easy. The criteria is:

• Enter 5 Topics
  • Read 5 Posts
  • Spend at least 15 minutes reading posts on the forums

Once you do that, you will receive a Personal Message from the system saying that you have been upgraded to Trust Level 1 :sunglasses:

There is this topic here you can read for further info: Why Can’t I Create a Topic?

Cheers and see you in the skies! :airplane:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: When I make my own flight plan in worldmap, the autopilot and the plane do not follow the altitude

Hi, you can call me: Bryan a.k.a Roachclip
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on:(PC… Gaming Laptop)
I want to try flight simulation because: I like flight sim, I live close to Amsterdam Schiphol, always fascinated about the flight routes etc.
I’m most interested in learning about everything in Microsoft Flight Simulator: Everytime when I start flying a new airplane, I wanna know everything about it, how to use it, I just wanna know every button!

6 Likes

Im not new to simming but…I want to get the navigation. Youtubers usually click 'n flick with buttons and knobs so fast you cant follow along. Drives me bananas. I just want a simple insturction using the Garmin collection. I heard they have downloadable sim Garmins to teach you…will google it…thanks. RJones

3 Likes