Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

I think it is quite possible for a knowledgeable person to understand both IFR flying and night lighting, and be interested in both?

1 Like

Didn’t Asobo say they want this to be a world simulator also? I mean for many people flying is just a means to explore the world, why not try and make the sim as realistic as possible beyond the aircraft too?

It was simply a reference to Dark Souls, another game.

I’m sorry to say this but this topic title is clearly indicating we’re here to contribute to the discussion of night lighting only.

Besides, I personally fail to dissociate these 3:
Flight, Weather and Ground.

Because the better the air mass simulation, the better the flight model simulation, and the better the ground, the better the piloting simulation.

6 Likes

What Asobo wants to do will take more time that we impatiently want to give them. You have no idea what took X-Plane to become what it is now, and of course, their scenery is not MSFS, but their flight model is impeccable and their few planes they include, works just fine, well, I discover Xplane at version 5, they didn’t get decent until version 9, version 10 was very good, and now version 11.50 is excellent , if they had MSFS scenery , they would be perfect. Give 1 year per version, and now you have an idea. Of course they are just a small group of people, Asobo should be able to do it in 1/8 of that time, you do the math…

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment! I’ve just rejuvenated back 40 years! :joy: :crazy_face:

Did you guys see MSFS’ facebook post (Virtual Fly Yoko+ Giveaway)?
Background is the TBM flying at dawn/dusk… Night lighting on the ground seems different to the one we have now(?) Just wondering whether this is the new night lighting, or just a current/old ones…

Low res print. Could be any version.

Hope that would be the case but yeah it could be any version…
Anyway let’s see what tommorow’s update brings. If there is anything…

Pre-release promoshot, release-version didn’t come close to that unless 4K + renderscale 200 (1 FPS) to “trick” the lamps render that far.

1 Like

removed… Grinde81 just posted same image…

How was the performance during night flight in the alpha in comparison with release?

Textures on buildings look worse then what we have now though.

(Bad jpg compression on forum)

I’d have to say that pre-release lighting was a pretty solid base to work on… Add some good and diverse window lightings on the buildings, vehicles moving around, a bit of bright “retail areas”, some sport fields (if there’s any in that area), then it’ll be stunning!

But yes… We don’t know about the performance impact…

No one can answer this question because of the NDA.

Oh yes right… forgot about that…

I can at least say that I thought it was the most promising night lighting I ever seen in a sim. Combining the best parts of early-alpha and post release, we’d have one night-build to rule them all.
We’ll get there I hope, but it might be a bumpy road before reaching the goal.

1 Like

I just wish asobo calls a couple people and ask their feedback before pushing the night lighting out.
Like set up a NDA or whatever but let the community help

1 Like

Naive question most likely, but why is the alpha details locked under an NDA?

As @Jummivana promised to check with the devs why this thread has not been mentioned in the last development update - no further information yet - I took the freedom to post a little reminder about lighting issues with regards to the upcoming Q&A as an answer to said promise:

I think that they will talk about night issues in tomorrow’s q&a. There are already two questions top in the list.