No config for X52 HOTAS?

I also install on D: and also my X52 profile is blank even if the stick is recognized. I did create my own profile which was quite simple, tuned the sensitivity of the throttle, mapped the camera to the hats and the trim to the up/down of the hat on the stick, works like a charm (very fine adjustments to the trim are possible). Going to try to re-install on C:, since I saved the actual content on another SSD, I hope it will be pretty quick (just point to the Packages folder).

Quick update to my previous post. Today I again attempted to have the game load in a default profile for the x52, and following the instructions above once more it worked! Previous attempts all had plugging at the welcome screen result in a crash to desktop.

So if like me you are playing the game via the MS game pass, well worth giving the above instructions another attempt (worked on my 4th attempt) by plugging in your device at the welcome screen, navigate to controls, duplicate the config and save it as something new.

How can you blind Throttle?

1 Like

Didn’t work for me!

No, i’m playing on game pass and have exactly the same issue.

No issues here. Picked up the X52 on start up, been flying with default config no issues.

Can someone make a dump of the default mappings? I’m going crazy trying to convince FS2020 to load the default, but I’m able to map my own with discrete success. What’s special about the defaults?

same issue with my Logitech 3d pro. Would love the default XML. Games sees it but gives me warning it can’t load the default. Plus the stick is so sensitive even with the sensitivity turned to 0 I can not fly. Hoping a default profile would solve this.

I also have the steam option to forced off. no dice.

What baffles me is that I can see the files under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Input but I cannot copy nor view them, it’s some stupid permission thing of Windows. Been following a ton of guides online to get access to the ■■■■ folder but no success so far…

1 Like

If you”re an administrator, you can grant yourself sharing privilege. Don”t want to risk misdirecting from memory, but search under ‘granting file access’ or some such.

I can confirm that there is an X52 default profile in there, and it remained active throughout a first flight. No issue so far. (30 plane version bought via MS store.)

A friend of mine has the X52 Pro and even though Windows recognises his joystick and it works well in X-plane he had issues in MSFS. This was resolved when he installed the Logitech Gaming software (something he has never needed before).

See this I just posted:

Thanks Moose,

I had this same issue with my Logetech 3d pro. I have had the joystick forever. This is a fix that worked. I had been trying stuff for days!!!

Search for TakeOwnershipPro, it’s a great program for issues like this. I’ve used it for years.
Hope this helps

Same here, just told me it detected it but couldn’t set a default profile. :frowning: so disappointed in MS with this, we had to wait ages and when it finally arrives it’s useless.

The trick with connecting the X52 Pro in the “Welcome Screen” worked also for me :slight_smile:

I had to do it 5-6 times until the “New Hardware detected” message popped up and the game wasn’t crashing, but after the message I have seen the standard mapping in the options and made a copy of it and saved a new profile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding to the thread, I had no issues with my Saitek X52 (old version) for multiple play sessions. I now am running into an issue however after installing the driver & software from logitech site. Now even after uninstalling and deleting the driver and letting windows setup the controller again, my x52 can no longer assign a profile. So something is definitely wrong with logitechs provided drivers, but works good with microsofts fetched driver up until logitechs version overwrites it permanently(?).

Yea, had the same issue, but now some of the buttons eg, #31 in the sym are not recognised? sometimes get CTD when saving a new assignment as well.

I’ve got an older Saitek X52. Haven’t had any issues with detection or mapping except for one little issue.

Brakes

Looking at the default mapping, it says the brakes are mapped to Button 6, which appears to be the pinkie switch. At least, that’s what it looks like on the graphic of the joystick. Unfortunately, the pinkie switch doesn’t seem to get passed to the sim. Button 6 never lights up.

I’ve remapped it to an unused button on the front of the stick, but I’m sure there has to be more elegant solution. Any suggestions?

P.S. I’ve run into stuff while taxiing due to the lack of brakes, so getting this fixed would be nice.

Before starting the sim, open joy.cpl (use window key & “R”) . Open the testing/calibration utility. Leave them open & start sim. Pinky switch on x52 throttle should now be functional. Known issue. This workaround works for me. (Yeah, First flight, I ran the Cessna off end of runway when the brakes “failed”. LOL. )

1 Like