No departing live traffic

Hi,

I have not seen any departing plane in EDDF, EDDM or EDDS since the last update. Other airports might be affected, but I have only checked those three at different times of the day over the course of a few days.
Here is timelapse video I took this afternoon in EDDF. It shows about 30 minutes of traffic. You can see a number of planes arrive and others spawn. But none departs.

Same, test at LFPG, no aircraft at gate for departure but a lot of arrivals !

I checked Real Live Traffic for EDDM and EDDS. Both airports had arrivals and departures listed on their boards. At EDDM, I saw live traffic on the VFR Map and in the skies, but none for EDDM. It could be because of the time zone difference and/or the fact there were no departures scheduled for the next few hours. However it was strange there was no airport activity.

I tried AI Traffic without success. There was no traffic at all. Ai Traffic was causing crashes with SU5. It may have been disabled in the hotfixes meaning no CTDs but no aircraft.

Real-time traffic is working at larger airports. Your airports are connecting to the Live Real-time traffic servers. I don’t know why you aren’t seeing departures.

There is no departing traffic anywhere. It got broken with SU5 along with the AI aircraft lights.

2 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. I voted but am wondering if anyone reported this to zendesk. But fairly sure Asobo is aware of it.

I did report it to zendesk along with starting this thread. But the more people vote and send in tickets, the more likely it is that this will get fixed quickly.

5 Likes

I postet that on friday Airplanes do not have front wheels at the gate and liveries are not working either.

ai lights are also not working.

However AI aircraft lights works for me…

Anyway, if You would like to try, there is this mod that could be a temporary workaround:

I suggest referring to this thread.

The mod only works for generic AI planes. I have a bunch of Liveries and I modified the NEO system.cfg to get the lights working in all of my 3rd party NEO liveries. It’s not perfect. Since I am a VFR guy I fly smaller aircraft and seldom airliners.

Anyways the instructions are posted in the thread I linked above to get lights working with 3rd party liveries. I am hoping ASOBO will fix the light and “no departing aircraft” problem with the next update.

1 Like

I believe this is going a bit off-topic. I was initially writing about the fact that there are not departures.

5 Likes

I also do not have any live departures and only arrivals on Xbox series x

same here, no deparures

1 Like

Seems like the only departures we have is the whole team departing on holiday :joy:

After spending 40 minutes on the tarmac at EGLL (London, Heathrow) specifically to see what happened, I saw only one landing and zero departures. An airport that has 1 up / 1 down every couple of minutes IRL. And I paid ÂŁ110 for this ??

I got this reply on my post before it was closed> "
May be you want to give Advanced live traffic by Mr Proper a try. It offers live traffic and its freeware. I use it with every flight although it has its caveats."

Gave it a try (at EGLL) and sure enough I did get a decent amount of departing traffic - taking off from a non existant runway, from south to north (EGLL runways run East - West), right accross the middle of the airport! At least it gave me a giggle! Just saying.

1 Like

This issue is still present after WU6. Has this been acknowledged by the team?

7 Likes

same here… no departures

What a bunch of amateurs. Fix this!

4 Likes

Agree on this issue - haven’t seen any single departing aircraft since WU6.
There is traffic available of course but none is departing. Mostly checked on EDDS, EDDM and LSZH.