No Tablet? Come 'on...really?

Hi Pilots…
Don’t get me wrong…

We have the year 2020. This Sim is called to be the best Flightsimulator for the next decades.
Live Weather, ultra realistic scenery, real life experience, everything is future orientated…

But…

I have to klick on a vfr map in a poor designed window. Fuel planing also in a window…etc.

In real life…i think…in the smallest plane the Pilot use a Tablet for this stuff.
Maps, flight plans, SID’s & STAR’s, fuel, calculations, notes…even everything.

Why no plane has a tablet like in real life in use?

For me this is really recommended for modern way of flight.

I wish we had a tablet!

Save flights…

*i hope you understand me…sorry for my bad english.

We need a tickbox to allow GPS data to be broadcast to tablet devices via wifi, to allow apps like Foreflight to track sim plane. P3D and XP do this.

2 Likes

I think this is an issue with Foreflight. I will email them. The navigraph simlink works for the time being.

Type into google “foreflight microsoft flight simulator 2020” the first link will tell you how you can connect foreflight to msfs20!

Thanks…I was aware of other means to do this. I was merely calling out a wish list item to have an option to have the GPS data from the sim broadcast, without having to use any other programs. The other sims do this natively.

1 Like

Hello everybody,

I don’t know now whether my idea has been brought up in any way or not :slight_smile: So Sorry if I just repeat someone here.

Anyway, I think it would be great if proper charts were built into the MSFS (for approach, takeoff, …) This also goes hand in hand with the need for extra screens or tablets in the airliners and other aircraft. What do you think? I think by implementing the maps in the base game, all players in multiplayer could fly with the same knowledge (map material). And well it would alse be great as the MSFS works hand in hand with VATSIM.

So what do you think about that topic?

Yes agree like a efb in the aircraft

I would like a tablet for the FS2020 like the AVI tablet in XPlane. That would be great for VR and VFR flights with the OSM card and the pushback functions. And the best of the A320 already has the holder for it on the left side of the window!

For sure.

Anything that removes the need to take off one’s VR headset would be most welcome IMHO and a virtual tablet would be able to do that, almost on its own.

Yes, I wish we could transport a tablet panel “window” onto a real secondary tablet using SimConnect or whatever. I have done this for a 3rd-party flight moving map application, in a client network configuration. But I would love to be able to do the same with a FMS, and Garmin. Besides the tablet having touch screen, the flexibility of displaying different panels externally is logically the direction things should move.

3 Likes

I mean, everyone draws comparisons with xplane. The Zibo mod etc. But something like the avitab would be great.
The whole upper screen menue could be shipped to the tablet. And for ATC just press the “mic” button.

(wow…google translation is really cool :relaxed:
And I idiot break my head all the time to write in english )

3 Likes

I’m using a real tablet for all of this by apps or websites.

I’m dying for a tablet too but I think we need to wait for the SDK to become more-open before this can happen.

Read this: Tip: How to get your gauges on your Tablet or other monitor

It only works with some gauges on some planes but it pretty cool.

Okay…
Yes, i take my smartphone for this stuff.
Last week i bought a ipad 8th.
But i don’t know why i need the gauges doubled. Once in the cockpit and on the tablet.
Okay for those who build a home cockpit it makes sense.
But not for me. My simplace is in a corner in our bedroom. I have no space for something like that.

Thats the reason why i want it animated.

I mean…for me it’s an immersion thing.
I look around in the cockpit, setting things, push buttons, turn knobs…and i want the same thing with a animated tablet.

And everybody of us knows…in the A320, for example, is an space holder for a tablet.
So why this feature is missing?

what they’re saying is that you can use a second monitor or a tablet with external programs/websites that have the maps/SIDS/STARS/GPS tracking etc etc.

Have a look at Navigraph (paid), Littenavmap (free) for apps, or https://skyvector.com/ for a site.

2 Likes

This discussion sort of leans towards what’s known as an “Electronic Flight Bag” or EFB, which reminded me I had purchased some called FSWidgets, I just checked their site, and apparently they already have initiated a FS2020 plugin for many of their apps. I’m going to have to load them up and see how the work. A bit on the pricey side, but I was always happy with them and they sort of cover all the operating systems to meet my needs anyway http://fswidgets.com/shop/index.php

1 Like

A virtual tablet/EFB would be particularly useful for VR pilots, as a method for removing the need to take off the headset, so gets my vote for sure.

1 Like

Big yes please from me too for this.

I’m really baffled about the fact that there is no mobile app that can connect through SimConnect for things like that. Or an app that displays the overhead panel so I can have a touchscreen tablet for handling it over my monitor.

1 Like