North Sea Industry

If you don’t already have it and you enjoy flying the H145 its really a must have, and its particularly well suited to North Sea industries. Its the perfect companion piece I think

3 Likes

Are there and specific rig based missions released yet? Or can you make them up with the action pack? I see it’s on sale right now too. Have owned the H145 for ages, happy to finally have something fun to do with it.

I think there are rig based missions already. You can certainly make your own and just have fun creating your own scenarios.

1 Like

This add on looks quite interesting to me and seems to be a good price as well to be fair.

Personally, I can live without the moving ships or wakes. I will wait a bit though for some more reviews/comments and maybe a good payware helicopter before buying.

It will be essential for me that it can work okay along with GAIST too even if it is not perfectly compatible. I’m not too bothered if ships occasionally crash/collide into each other but it will be a big ‘no no’ if the sim crashes as a result of 2 otherwise incompatible addons.

Does somebody experience de same problem with the pink circles or whatever on the oil rigs ?

Only been by 3 so far and no pink textures. May be worth reporting.

Love exploring the various wind farms. This one is under construction near me north east of Edinburgh off the coast of Fife.

4 Likes

Not only the winching. I’ve spent most time on the standard Medic “Road Traffic” and “Golf Course” accidents so far - automatically generated and routes you to a nearby hospital with a helipad. It’s really cool to have the targets defined for you, you just need to fly and land safely.

The Firefighting missions need another layer of skill on top - they are tricky as you need a lot of precision through the whole task, and need to do it fast otherwise the fire spreads again (I think, but don’t qoute me on that!).

2 Likes

Definitely going to pick it up. The H145 and north sea & scenarios just seem like a cool combo. It’s like a sim within a sim. The H145 is still the only heli that feels flyable to me, even on “realistic” and no assists, the new default cabri is ok, but not for north sea ops, the Bell is impossible for me to control to varying degrees with the CFD effects. Downside last night is I tried latest alpha H145 (they are working on CFD after SU11) and it was surprise, surprise very uncontrollable to me much like the Bell. I hope they make it an option rather than default as there is little point in making life harder for the sake of CFD the H145 is nice as is. In the meantime I switched back to the latest released beta version which is fine.

3 Likes

Do the smoke from the ships change direction with the wind? I havent tried that yet. I was using it as a wind direction indicator, but wasnt sure it was modelled.

At Aberdeen experimental offshore wind development centre.

5 Likes

But of course :+1:

1 Like

Without reading every post is this available in market place and for the Xbox?

Not yet if i am right

That’s a shame. We miss out again

Or have to be patient…

I will try my best but let’s wait and see

Incredibly interesting, I never knew this even existed until saw your post! I watched about how Troll A was constructed and, as an Engineer, I couldn’t believe how it was all put together and the kind of energy such a structure has to withstand … for 70+ years expected lifespan!

This addon together with helicopters has opened up a new world to explore, love it!

2 Likes

please finds here some info about the Xbox release.

If you guys will experience conflicts with double placed static objects (e.g. wind turbines) , because of some add-ons like FSDGs Lover Saxony then this here might help:

Avoiding object collisions by reordering add-ons!

Hope this helps.