North Sea Industry

Problem solved. A conflicting addon.

6 days since it was sent to Orbx? Still not seeing it available there.

For Xbox too?

I hope it comes to xbox soon it looks great .

1 Like

I remember when Aerosoft submit EBBR to Orbx, it took nearly two months to appear there, while Contrail and SimMarket list almost the same time as listed on Aerosoft. This is the thing I do not like at Orbx store.

Mathijs, about this (and finding a way to break it), have you tried sticking it next to the statue of liberty in NYC photogrammetry? :smiley:
I would assume it’s no issue in open sea because there’s no other polygons anywhere near, and I would assume 5.7M polygons is nothing compared to NYC photogrammetry. Maybe sticking it right in there would do the trick? Might be worth an internal test just to see how far you can push it :wink:

1 Like

I wish there was a clue to where it was in the open sea. I want to see it! I asked up thread and he didn’t reply. Maybe it’s a secret or they don’t want to be sued for burnt out CPU’s and GPU’s :smiley:

Will this be available on the marketplace?

:smile:

1 Like

Any know when the North Sea scenery will be put on the market place ?

They were not going to do that.

wow I thought it would be a great seller. Thanks for the reply.

I pondered whether or not to get it as a helicopter playground for a while, but decided against it in the end. It’s just an area that I wouldn’t fly in much, especially because drilling platforms are ultimately a pretty depressing environment that isn’t that appealing to me.

I’d rather buy a giant collection of mountain helipads and their corresponding stations/shacks etc. (Mount Cook style)

1 Like

Have they said that officially, because i’ve missed them announcing it. If so, why ? If you know or are you just guessing because of the size.

I think this one is for Falcon one . Sorry.

I saw a mod for the Valais (Switzerland) mountain huts a while back. Not tried it yet, but it looks very cool (but only 6 - which I don’t think counts as a giant collection
)

1 Like

Thanks, I will check it out.

Just thinking on this
 The 1 billion posted sounds big and is promoted as “new territory”, but surely for a single scenery a record like that would go to someone like Bijan for his trees or Mamu etc for marinas?

Hi.

The check of the add-ons in the marketplace is carried out by Microsoft/Asobo, the respective publisher of the add-on, in this case Aerosoft GmbH, unfortunately has no influence on when the check is carried out and the add-on is sorted in the marketplace.

Actually, we wait every day for the verification process to be completed and for North Sea to be offered in the marketplace. Aerosoft sent the data package to the responsible department at Microsoft/Asobo shortly after North Sea appeared.

If you take a look at the list of the most recently approved add-ons, you will quickly see that there has been a “traffic jam” of add-ons:

MSFS Marketplace Updates

I think the Christmas holidays have caused some delay. So only one thing helps: wait and be patient :slight_smile:

Be that as it may, new records have been set in the North Sea project. This is something that didn’t exist before:

It wasn’t always easy to integrate these partial polygon monsters into MSFS. I sometimes had to deal with highly complex rigs. One of the rigs consists of almost 7 million polygons and is also animated. This is unique and this level of detail has never been seen in a flight simulator before :slight_smile: