North Vancouver missing Photo Scenery (more like P3d V5)

Flying around North Vancouver (just south of Horseshoe Bay) I see the following, its like P3d trying to pop out in MSFS

Any ideas?

I think either the WU3 or Hotfix this week may have caused the issue.

Does anyone else see the same?

(Red Box is the faulty area)

Interesting. I was flying around there yesterday quite a bit tuning my graphics settings. Did not notice any issues with any of the scenery through there and I did a number of orbits back and forth between Van and Squamish.
Have you tried deleting your cache? I have mine turned off and so was streaming the scenery.

Noticed this at many other places since the latest Update.

If the Bing Data is missing Photogrammetry, please use this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/photogrammetry-not-working-anywhere/373096

Same location, same behavior

@willisxdc
Can you confirm what @Player312458777 and @AbAndyBar posted?

Give me an hour to get to the ‘airport’.

Interestingly enough, I don’t have the same problem. Was local so I decided to check it out.

Running on the latest Steam version on the US East server

2 Likes

Checked everything, can‘t get it to work propertly, thats weird :thinking:.

Have you tried clearing rolling cache?

That would be my suggestion as well

Yes, and turned it off.

I wonder if it’s slow stream for you from the server to your location. :thinking:

Hmm, I have the same issue. Tried clearing rolling cache: no change.

Note that I used to have a manual cache for this area as it is my home territory. As recommended by Asobo I deleted my manual cache after the recent update. Not sure if that SOMEHOW has something to do with it.

Curious that those that have it have it for the same “tile” of photogrammetry

Have checked Steam Data and now I can Download the whole Sim again :man_facepalming:

The imagery pulled for orthos in X-Plane 11 isn’t great in the Pacific NW either, so I think it’s a universal problem unfortunately. Orbx did a good job of patching up the region before- I wonder if we’ll start to see that kind of stuff in MSFS too eventually?

There are plenty of places in the world that need some TLC, and it’s not easy to get good imagery for everywhere- a lot of governments don’t make that stuff readily available so it’s a challenge for Asobo to get their hands on what they need, and they’re trying.

Chicagoland (my base) is another place that drives me nuts. The heart of the city looks great. However, there is a clear transition to poor quality, just like in this example, in all of the wrong places beyond that. Such is life in our brave new world here

And THIS example?

This doesn’t appear to be a data issue but a problem with the streaming.

Oh yeah I think you’re right- I wasn’t looking closely enough. The data problems are different for sure.

You guys just didn’t book your tee time apparently.

Ah, my bad! In that case, seeing as Horseshoe Bay still looks OK, I will just have to head over to Trolls for some clam chowder instead! :smile:

1 Like