Nothing but only Stutters , low fps,poor performance

I want to keep it short.
This is nothing now more then stutters ,pauses , fps drops.
Sim has become unsable , I dont know what do I do with my complex addon purchases now.

Each and everything tried , no change.
All the focus should shift from bringing other updates to Performance updates ONLY if they really take perform seriously.

Rtx2080TI
9700k@ 4.7 Ghz
32 GB RAM
SSD

3 Likes

Moved topic to #self-service:install-performance-graphics for better community support.

Yet some people with lower-than-recommended system requirements claim the sim runs smoothly for them…

Welcome to PC gaming.

Same here. Completely reinstalling the game didn’t help, changing the settings for offscreen terrain pre-caching and other graphics settings also doesn’t change anything.

Luckily I didn’t buy the PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 yet as I couldn’t properly use them anyway.

1 Like

I have an i7 9700k with a rtx3060 and have no such problems, when you say you’ve tried everything have you also turned off virtualization?

1 Like

Do you mean the virtualization setting in the BIOS?

Most of the time you can bet on background programs like anti virus software or bad uefi settings to cause these kind of problems with good hardware. Cooling, wrong/bad choice of cables or plugs on the power supply, unsufficient power supply generally, not matching ram sticks. I‘ve seen people having 1x 16GB + 2x 8GB of a different manufacturer seriously complaining about games. On top of all that graphic drivers use to be up to date, but chipset? Usb? Sound? Maybe used to play with tools like ccleaner or tuneup?

The sim is the same for all of us. The PC is not.

What concerns me however is the different behaviour for people on xbox. THAT‘s really weird.

2 Likes

Yes, I do mean that.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try this later when I’m at home. Hopefully this will help.

No problem let us know how you get on :wink:

When I say i tried everything, it means everything,.
No other game lags like this sim does .

3 Likes

Bad news, sadly. Turned off Virtualization but it still is as bad as before. It’s really frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve played many games that were poorly coded and performed like :■■■■:. But most games aren’t nearly as complicated as this sim is.

1 Like

What are you limited by when you look at the FPS counter in dev mode?

When the fps drop occurs, it’s the Main Thread. Otherwise I am GPU limited when not moving the camera (then I have around 60 fps).

What are your specs please?

The main thread seems to get bogged down by network and I/O traffic, and sometimes it can be due to the status of Microsoft servers.

i9 9900KF, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3070, Game installed on a Samsung 980 NVMe.

Do you have HT on at all? If so try without it, that seems to be the general consensus.

I don’t wanna do that as I am playing many different games. Also the game ran great with SU8, it would be really weird if HT suddenly made problems.