Now waiting for Hotfix 2

I see plenty of live traffic with Little Navmap. And I see it on the screens of all my planes, but not in the Longitude for some reason. Haven’t tried the TBM to see if it’s an issue with the G3000 since I can’t get the throttle to work any more after SU5.

1 Like

Some issues I have encountered -

• Still cannot climb well in the airliners. Maybe temperature related?

• ATC still cannot decide what altitude the plane is at. Keeps complaining about expediting even though instruments show correct altitude. Maybe add a callout as to what altitude ATC thinks the airplane is at?

• Spoilers are still not working with bound keys. Have to extend them manually, but can be retracted with one-button input.

• Real time traffic is broken. - May be traffic at my location, or density. I can see ONE nameplate as a player, but nobody else over Tokyo Narita?

• STAR and VIA charts shown on world map are not clearly labeled (just a purple color). Maybe this is a feature? It is quite different, and a bit jarring, also seeing how the airlines would have to perform contortions to conform to some of the patterns as denoted.

Thankfully, I have not had any real crashes since the hotfix, but making regional flights is quite … interesting and frustrating, though certainly doable.

–NK.

4 Likes

I’ve been with this sim as one of the original Alpha and Beta testers, and am really starting to believe this sim will never work properly – even at the end of their supposed 10-year road map. This is ridiculous! This picture shows all about the wrong temperatures.

13 Likes

Folks like to say, “they’ll fix it don’t worry.” They’re correct BUT this is beyond getting old…last August just as many issues.

Still waiting for a press release or something from them.

10 Likes

I see other player, just no Real-time airline traffic. I just took these photos in KMIA. Not one commercial airliner in sight.

2 Likes

Flying en route to CYYZ right now. I see 4 other planes on both LNM and my MFD. There were tons at KATL earlier. I have multiplayer turned off, so I don’t see other players.

We are waiting for a second fix.
I am waiting not for a hotfix, i am waiting for a goodfix.
A goodfix means, remove all this ugly Xbox stuff, and the sun will shine again.

13 Likes

Prepare to be disappointed. Xbox is the roadmap for MSFS for at least the next year until the majority of Xbox players have moved on.

7 Likes

Than, this game is broken now. Unplayable.

12 Likes

Good luck with that!

• sarcasm Just break out an Xbox controller and barnstorm around major airports like they’re all doing. It’s perfectly playable. -/sarcasm-
3 Likes

The grafics are broken. Very ugly. unplayable.

7 Likes

Still got the broken mouse interaction (mouse dissappearing and resetting to the top left corner) as well… essentially none of the critical things were fixed in the hotfix. But hey, at least you can now see the pilot in external view when doing the landing challenge in Isafjordur…

3 Likes

Can’t even start a flight. So many hours enjoying the sim. Hundreds of dollars invested in it. What a waste. Cleaned out community folder. Turned off caching. Complete reinstall twice!

9 Likes

I absolutely Agree 100%
My 2 pennies woth here

Whilst I would agree that there are distinct performance enhancements (with CPU usages better optimised) etc, i will say that this sim is nowhere near looking as good as it once was. Whilst i can raise the LOD distances in the cfg file for Terrain/Objects etc, there are still massive amount of object popup constantly, the lighting seems to be washed out overall. The clouds do look slightly degraded to me also and they are all too bright. I have been running in HDR since Launch day (aug 18 2020) but now even with HDR active the sim does look like it used to without HDR.
Here is the resources i use (and wish to once again)

System Specs:
Intel Core i9-9900X 10 Core HT @ 3.5GHz, and @ 4.40GHz Turbo.
MSI X299 Raider Ultimate Force Motherboard
64GB Ram DDR4 @ 3600 Quad Channel
2 x MSI GeForce RTX 2080Ti (sli)
M2SSD 1TB 3400Mb/s
Hyper Liquid II medium kit (Rigid)
Corsair AX 1200i 1200W 80+ Power unit
Extra custom fans

Thrustmaster Warthog A-10C Replica
Logitek Rudder/Pedals set

4 Likes

…and the next month they’ll pay again and then again and again…

2 Likes

Another thing since SU5, I see everyone in Generic Planes, even when I own the planes they are flying.

2 Likes

Then be prepared for a long long time of darkness.

1 Like

It feels like Antartica in July…pitch black

Trim doesn’t work on a lot of planes.

1 Like