nVidia 461.92 drivers released

Alright guys, be nice, don’t scare the guy away. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Guys check your graphics settings after updating to this driver. All my graphics settings reset after the driver installation.

Might be the reason many people are reporting big improvements to performance.

So the Nvidia VR fix is likely to come out after the resizable bar vBIOS update (which should be the next patch?). If that’s true then that coupled with the AMD USB fix in AGESA 1.2.0.2 will make April an awesome month to fly!

1 Like

Do you use GeForce experience?

I have a 3090 FE with a G2 running with an i9 10900k. 461.92 doesn’t improve frame rate nor smoothness. I tried my unscientific test using the same plane (A320 fbw) but on different route (usually easier on FPS). I could barely fly without having stutter and flickering (long black screens) especially on the ground. I will give it another go but I think I will rollback to 461.40. I was happy with this version.

You might want to engage with NVidia at avsim. At least over there, their devs are engaging with the simmers community:

VR Benchmarks for nVidia Drivers - Page 2 - Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Here is what he is saying among other things:

This is a very specific bug for this game and not the other VR bug we have mentioned in the release notes of our drivers.

2 Likes

Running i9 10850 with a rtx 3080…didn’t test VR, but did have a FPS increase in 2D. Was getting low to mid 40’s with a mixture of high and ultra…now getting low to mid 50’s with new driver. Will do more testing today

Just ran a unscientific test, same weather (clear), same time of day, same plane, same route.

Amd Ryzen 9 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080, 32gb 3600mhz Ram.

New driver shows marginally slightly better results, but nothing really outside the realm of variation.

Bear in mind on v27 my Q2 is stuck at 72hz, so ASW/Half is 36hz.

Old driver:

New Driver:

Comparison:

1 Like

You’re comparing two very recent drivers, if you can do the same with 457.30 and see what difference there is :slightly_smiling_face:

True, but 461.72 was already installed on my system, so I did this quickly just to put something up rather than nothing :slight_smile:

Problem for me going back as far as 457.30 is I mainly play racing sims, and ACC has seen a massive increase in recent drivers, and to be fair MSFS2020 is playing nicely with these past couple drivers, so i’m at a quite happy median after compromise.

Yeah me too all other VR Sims are just fine with the latest, but as per above/other thread nVidia have noticed a specific issue with this Sim.

If you do get time rollback to 457 quickly and take a look, these days it’s less than three minutes to change drivers on my system and reboot :laughing:

@MarcG888 If you follow the link to the Avsim topic, there are lot’s of benchmark results with different driver versions you might want to read (starting on page 1, post 1, of the following Avsim topic):

1 Like

I know, I’m the one that did them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Be interesting to see the benchmarks from other users as well though, may help nVidia :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:rofl: It is becoming harder to keeping up! Thank you for sharing all these by the way!!

1 Like

Driver 461.92 solved the problem of flashing black screen in vr for me, I need to test more

oculus cv1
rtx 3080
i7 9700

hi guys too I just installed the latest nvidia drivers
461.92 and from a quick test in New York I immediately noticed a clear improvement in fluidity and at least 10 fps more … when I have time I do a more precise test
System:
vr Oculus Rift s, i5 9600k 5ghz all core, 32GB RAM at 3200MHz and RTX 3070 ZOTAC OC

Ok so here goes…

Did a clean install of 461.92.

1st Session (Icon A5 @Miami International) As its a combo I can continually remember and base performance off consistantly.

Jumped into the sim without tweaking any Oculus Debug nor Nvidia CP options.

Horrible “ASW Water Wobble”, longer pre flight loading times with hour glass constantly showing up.

Still a stuttery wobbly mess without my debug override.

2nd Session( Icon A5 @Miami International)

Went ahead and ran my Oculus Debug Tool Bat file (works best for minimizing my asw water wobbly image issue and pixel override cleans my image up really well with 100 TAA in sim)

server:asw.clock30
service set-pixels-per-display-pixel-override 1.2

No hour glass at all at pre flight loading screen and much shorter loading time.

Much smoother experience much less stutter, I can now relax and actually enjoy the scenery and smoothness over Miami.

Still noticing the occasional stutter jump when looking down at buildings I’m passing.

3rd Session(Icon A5 @Miami International)

I decided to try these Nvidia Control Panel Settings that were posted from another thread credits & kudos to @LEOPilot504 :beers:

Same for loading screen no hourglass showing up at all and same short loading time as 2nd session.

Even smoother flight over Miami than 2nd session almost no image wobble and I have to look really hard to see stutter flying past terrain buildings and objects.

I can now enjoy my flight over Miami much more relaxed and take everything in.

In my experience I would say yes the latest driver is giving me a smoother experience than ole faithful 457.30 driver.

As Miami International was a stuttery mess and a total NO GO for me before this latest driver.

I’ll be keeping this latest driver.

Remember my hardware specs below…so results may differ on later 2k/3k RTX GPUs.

Here are my in sim settings

https://imgur.com/gallery/NzqBMqO

https://imgur.com/gallery/JB3CdUb

Rift S on Latest Beta Firmware
1080ti
32GB RAM

2 Likes

3080 and i7-10700k.

New drivers are a big NO for me.

FPS is the same, but 100% more stutters. So many stutters.

I suspect that some of the improvement in performance observed by some is because of the settings in NVIDIA’s CP are not consistent pre/post driver update.

Going back to 457.3…

[edit] I am back to 457.3. Way less stutters, almost night and day difference for me.

1 Like

Strange, first claim from a 30xx owner saying 45x driver is better.

Myself and others I seen on 30xx are having a pretty seamless experience so far on the 461.92 driver.

1 Like

Jeeze, with all these mixed results, I’m inclined to just leave my old drivers alone. If Nvidia comes out with something specifically for VR, or even better, for VR in MSFS, then I’ll make a change, but I don’t feel like futzing with it right now. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

2 Likes