nVidia 461.92 drivers released

very strange these performance variations … certainly the lack of optimization of the game counts a lot, but in my thing with the 461.92 drivers I have improvements also in other games not only in the Fs20 … always regarding the 30 series

1 Like

461.92 is the first that I did not roll back to 457.30. It is definitely an improvement for me. Using CV1.

Yep, 461.92 is certainly an improvement, as we’re including whole VR in general across the board my VR experience has improved, not just MSFS2020.

It’s safe to say if you are now having issues with 461.92 it’s probably your system or settings, try and remove settings you changed specifically for 457.30, and then go from there would be my advice.

As whatever those settings are could hamper you now moving forward as the drivers improve even more.

So is the consensus that 30xx owners should upgrade but everyone else should stick with the older drivers ?

1 Like

RTX 2080 Super, i7 9700k here. I did a low level flight around the Los Angeles area and for me 461.92 was definitely smoother than prior 46x drivers. For the most part I think it was pretty close to 457.30. Without actual benchmarking I think the framerate might have dipped a little lower in places, however there were very few stutters - on par with 457.30 in that department. I should also mention that this was with HAGS on, which had always caused much stuttering for me.

All was good until I went to land at LAX after about 45 minutes of flight time. As I was lining up on approach my VR display froze and wouldn’t recover, but the sim didn’t crash, per se. Can’t say that this was necessarily driver related, though, as I had at one point toggled the sim in and out of VR (by mistake) and doing this has always caused instability for me.

I will probably stick with the new driver for awhile and see how it goes.

Its not snake oil in my opinion. It still a little stuttery but its about the same as before the update for me now. Overall its more enjoyable and thats what I go by. 461.92 seems to be pretty good so far in my experience. EDIT: the stuttering became progressively worse, I think the driver is ok though. This issue of the stuttering is way beyond any of our control here.

2080 Super here, 461.92 was noticeably worse for me, more stuttering. I only tested in parking at the same spot at Austin Intl (Airport that I know has issues on my PC) just doing a camera spin around the plane as a “benchmark.” 457.30 is still better for me. Also on 45x I don’t have any stuttering on my second display playing a video, I had massive lag on 46x and often YouTube would have to dump the video down to the lowest quality. Too lazy to do actual benchmarks so this is anecdotal obviously, but 45x is still more stable.

My build:
Ryzen 9 3900x
MSI MPG x570
32gb Corsair LPX 3200
MSI RTX 2080 Super
oldish Crucial SSDs (no m.2…yet)
2 144hz gsync 1440p displays

Same as you! After making these changes to the NVCP, the latest Nvidia drivers 461.92 are giving me a very fluid experience with pretty much all settings Max OXr 100 Rendering 100 with a G2, 3090 FE and i9 10900k. Had short fly in Europe from France to Sweden in the a330 Mega Project with A320 fbw cockpit and then another with the TBM. It was really fluid and awesome :clap:t4:
Here once again those settings that many have shared previously

Will give this another go tomorrow (it’s 1 am PST)

2 Likes

I’ve tested it again with my 3090 and I think the smoothness (what there was of it) has got worse, when compared against 457.30. Problem is, we don’t know whether this is an Asobo, Microsoft or NVidia issue as it hasn’t been acknowledged.

Don’t fall victim of the placebo effect… sometimes the sim performs differently in apparently equal sessions.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed this too

Unfortunately so, I had a single instance a few months ago where it was immaculate. Haven’t been able to replicate it since.

see this:

1 Like

I just tried version 461.92 and it works worse for me than the previous version 460.89. Heeding the comments, I have tested the 457.30 and the difference is remarkable. The lightning is over and it runs much smoother than before. Definitely version 457.30 works much better. I have oculus quest v1 and my pc is i7 10700K , RTX2070 super gaming OC and 32 gb of ram

How to go back to an old version of Nvidia? Thank you in advance

Not trying to be a jerk, but you can google that and get a lot of hits on how to revert to an older version of a driver using a few different freeware and payware tools (DDU is a very popular one, and it stands for Display Driver Uninistaller). Read up and be careful when you do it, but it’s commonly done using the tools available for free or a small-fee to download. And the drivers themselves are also online from nvidia and other places.

Absurd … better 1 who knows than 10 who seek. It is a delicate operation and advice is important!

2 Likes

I have the same GPU/CPU and is experiencing exact the same thing - I am wondering if something else is going on?? the GPU/CPU relationship?? But I am reverting back now - this is just hopeless for me.

1 Like

No need to search very far:
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR) :green_circle: - Virtual Reality (VR) / Hardware & Performance - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like