NVIDIA 466.11 drivers released (MSFS VR fix included)

when I over installed the 466.11 driver on top of the 465.89 driver, it did not take. My 3090 recognided 3D mode, pushed the PCI-E Bus into 3.0x16 mode correctly, but the clock stayed at 210Mhz… a slide show… so I can see why strat0spheric commented as he did.

However, I reinstalled 465.89 over the top and the 210Mhz limit remained.

Another However, I then DDU’d the PC and got rid of Nvidia drivers, then installed 466.11 fresh and all is good now… same results with HAGS on or off as with 465.89 HAGS on. No improvement seen to speak of, still buttery smooth with medium/high settings (and ultra clouds)

1 Like

I see that you’re using CapFrameX. Do you just fly a similar route in the sim to benchmark?

HAGS was my problem. Just performed further testing… 2080ti G2 and can happily confirm 466.11 > 457.30 (only slightly). Therefore now staying with 466.11 and HAGS OFF.

So iam now back to 611 but still have these “scratches” at the shafts from the windows from the airplan while moving my head fast^^. Made a quick upload on utube to show the problem (its not hd yet - utube still working) but it shows the problem. Does anybody know this problem?

Tried at least everything… deinstall antivir :wink: , older nvidia driver, hardware acc on/off. Beta test channel for my quest 2 and so on… at least at the lowest settings in the oculus app and ingame this shows up. i getting myself in a bottle of whisky for sure. dont know what to do anymore. Anybody with help or an idea?

Most likely motion smoothing not working good enough in this case. ASW2 could get better results if the game is also feeding it the depth buffer (I believe @CodeLoran69 made a topic asking for this), and it is possible it is already feeding it but I doubt it.

NB: there are similar artifact displaying with SteamVR + Index, although not looking exactly the same. However with SteamVR you can reduce and nearly eliminate these in adjusting the “prediction” slider when using fixed frame rate. This works good for me with 18fps → 90Hz + 33.3ms

2 Likes

I’m not singly you out in quoting you, don’t worry. It is just I’ve no precise count of posts telling it is better with HAGS OFF but there seems to be quite a few.

I’m wondering this because before trying the latest drivers (still reluctant because it CTD P3D5) but isn’t the latest NVidia driver supposed to be working better with HAGS ON when using FS2020?

No worries. Yes, they are supposed to be better. I was capturing traces to provide back to NVidia and figured I should test with HAGS off. I’ve already posted results with HAGS on just above NVIDIA 466.11 drivers released (MSFS VR fix included) - #9 by J1mb0G5751
Did same test with HAGS off and get similar frames to 457.30.

1 Like

Same route, auto pilot, clear skies, same time/day, same plane

Thank you Cpt. I found something and this helped… hitting ctrl + 2 (numpad) definitly deactivates the problem. But still suffering from not more than 27fps at lowest settings with my 3090. Before this updatetrash and figuring in out trash i enjoyed atr the lowest 30fps up to over 40. i will try and try and try -.-

edit: without ott

1 Like

ASW 2.0 request is not my topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but I talk about it as often as I can. So thanks to give me the opportunity to ask people with any kind of Oculus headset to vote here as it will greatly improve our experience:

Funny things is it always appear as “AWS” instead of “ASW” in the DevBlog. Somebody do all this by hand (or another topic exist and I missed it):

2 Likes

I’ll toss my experience into the mix…

3090, 10700k on stock clocks, 32GB ram, Reverb G2

466.11 with HAGS on - stuttery. Consistent stutters. Like watching stop-motion photography.
466.11 with HAGS off - arguably the smoothest G2 experience in MSFS I’ve had yet.

Prior to this was a staunch 457.30 fan.

4 Likes

Well this is just odd… check out these traces. With HAGS on it’s like FlightSim isn’t being picked up by the GPU?? Both traces were captured under same conditions in VR. HAGS off:

HAGS on:

Same with me, I’ll stick with 466.11 (i7-7740, RTX2070 super 8GB, 32 GB)

1 Like

Got it for me working now with 30fps. without ott on my quest 2. I was a lot happier with the standings before…but now iam on 611 (tried versions from 457 till latest…611 defintly the best with 1-2fps more…^^), oculus all updates (including beta) on 80hz to 1.4, IG settings all to high, still on 100 renderscale. Hags off…makes no difference. Via oculus link. Payd so much just to fligh with my rtx 3090 / amd 5800/32 ram. Didnt feed my unborn children for years. Didnt pay the landlord because iam the landlord and tossed a coin to the witcher… and just cant figured it out why one more more updates makes the running system just got to 30fps.

Edit1: hate on that thing that cursed me

Well once again I tried the new one. 466.11 this time. May be better than the last one but it’s NOT better than 457.30. DDU and reverted back.

I have a comparison flight i use to test. Stutters and repro failure at 30+2.

They still have not fixed the frams drops when it locks to 30 and tries to reproject 2 frames. Just watch the taxi lights when doing a fast taxi. If they’re moving smoothly, it’s good. If they blur or jump back and forth, it’s failing.

I’ll throw my 2 cents in. I installed 466.11 the other eve and it was pretty much the same as the previous release for me. A few stutters here and there and not quite as good as 457.30. I started playing around with my nvidia control panel and windows graphics settings and came to the following conclusions

Game mode + HAGS on - a stuttering mess
Game mode off + HAGS on - MUCH better with only the occasional stutter
Game mode and HAGS off - Slightly worse than with HAGS on

So I started playing around with my control panel settings and when I disabled ‘Low latency mode’ BOOM! butter smooth frame rates! The best experience I’ve had yet :slight_smile:
5800X, 3070, MSI X570, G2.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve recently also noticed that low latency OFF is actually smoother (for VR) , which makes sense according to what the CPL description says (“maximizes throughput”).

@CptLucky8 Any idea why this is? Has something changed? Do you still recommend low latency for VR?

It would be interesting to know alright. I forgot to mention I’m running with 32Gb @ 3200mhz and averaging around 35fps in VR

1 Like

Vrflightsimguy on YouTube only changes power management to max performance, and texture quality to performance, leaves everything else. I’m having much better results with this approach than with all the fettling I was doing before! Not sure where he gets his info, I think he’s part of a MSFS VR fb group.

Also agree with game mode off, hags on, it’s been the best combo for me.

I’m exactly the same spec as you - 5800x, 3070, 32gb 3200mhz ram, x570 mobo

1 Like

I’m not sure this still needed, I need to make some tests. As now Windows have below the HAGS settings a list of game you can choose to prioritize Performance or power saving, even on a desktop. So possibly it have the same impact? or it’s just to choose with graphic card to use (cpu integrated or discrete). Not sure, only my RTX is enabled on my machine, and I’m on desktop so battery saving seems useless. Tests needed (as always).
Sorry, thinking out loud :thinking: