NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.29 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 531.29.

Game Ready

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS.

Fixed Issues

• Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container might be observed after exiting a game [4007208]
  • Stability issues may be observed on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs [4008527]
  • Adobe application stability issues using 531.18 [4009055][4008751]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • [Hogwarts Legacy] Black Screen/Hang on Launch at Shader Compilation Screen using Driver 531.18 [4012825]
    Workaround: Close and relaunch game.
  • Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins stability issues using 531.18 [4008770]

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/531.29/531.29-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

4 Likes

Have you pilots tried it yet, and whats you thought about it? (please mention your cpu and gpu please)

Its surprising to me that MSFS is pushing DLSS 3 for better game play however when was the last time there was a Nvidia driver update that included MSFS to help it run better ?

1 Like

Not that I use Nvidia, but I don’t think I ever recall seeing a release being specifically targeted for MSFS. Seems that a bunch of these other games are determining the direction and changes that they make. What ever benefit applies to MSFS just happens to be coincidental. Not intentional. With MSFS being such the game as it is. It’s surprising that there hasn’t been one, both from Nvidia and AMD. This game obviously has pushed the boundaries of graphics drivers compared to what any other game out there can do or requires.

1 Like

So True Upstate
Sorry I’m only have had Nvidia cards. I think maybe next time I will try a AMD ?
I have a 4080 now so maybe in 5 years or so I will do the crossover. LOL

1 Like

Not often, sure, but it does happen:

2 Likes

Yup. Ok so far on a 3hr flight…4080 and 5800x3d. No more high cpu usage after exiting games

2 Likes

No problems so far. 4090 and 5950X

2 Likes

Driver 531.29 seems to be working very well for me so far. :cowboy_hat_face:
RTX 2070 Super.

1 Like

Here is the popular CLEAN version of the Nvidia driver from the Guru3D website.

Charles.

1 Like

I have just been updated via Windows Update to the latest version of Windows. At the same-time I installed the 531.29 driver, (removed bloatware manually by myself) and the results in terms performance are positively obvious however, there is something running in the background in Windows that causes MSFS to stutter. When this happens I can hear a ‘ding’ sound from Windows, an application is trying to do something while I am using the simulator. Once I find the culprit, (might have been SkyDolly as this was the first time I had used it) I should be ‘running’ well.

Charles.

No problems with any of my PCVR headsets with a rtx4090. All equal, or a bit better imho.

Right after I updated the driver and Windows I ended up with degrading performance where before it was smooth. I’m getting quite a bit of stutters and at one point the sim crashed. That didn’t happened in quite a while, specially since I upgraded my system. I wonder if it was the driver, the Windows update, or a combination of both?

Hi Perohijo,

It’s very difficult to tell, there are just so many variables at play and the operating environment is different on every computer. There are steps you can take, clearing out the Nvidia shader cache, ensuring that there are no other programs running in the background on your PC that might interfere with the running of your simulator. Empty your community folder temporarily, better still, rename it. Make sure when you update a third-party add-on that you remove it entirely, don’t just drop a new file over the top of the old file. My temporary stutters stopped shortly after installing the new Windows 11 version. You could try installing the driver again, in the past I have done this up-to three times for the same driver. You might want to check your internet connection etc.

Check-out some YouTube videos which address your problem and this forum in detail.

Charles.

Just as a reminder…

CaptLLucky8, (Third Party Developer) shows you how to create your own Nvidia Clean Driver. This is
the link to his posting

This is so easy to do, extract the driver using a Zip program and just delete a few folders and remove three lines of text from a cfg. file within the driver. Only takes a few minutes and does not require another program as a tool.

You need to click on his link, ‘Nvidia Settings’ to access the instructions to create your own cleaned driver.

Charles.

1 Like

None of my games from MSFS 20220, F1-22 (has never launched to be honest, Red Dead Redemption will launch. Using 3070Ti. Driving me nuts…

I’m having a problem with my EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTX Ultra running on Windows 11.
I was running the game ready driver 531.29 for a while with no problems. My whole system was running beautifully.
Then yesterday things got wonky. nVidia Control Panel was acting strange. I tried to reinstall the driver and it failed. The GPU reverted back to 512.16

I ran DDU in Safe Mode (as recommended) and tried a clean install of 531.29 - same problem: Install failed - back to 512.16
I downloaded and tried to install 531.41 Game Ready driver from the nVidia website in regular Windows mode - same problem: Install failed - back to 512.16
I ran DDU in Safe Mode (as recommended) and tried a clean install of 531.41 - same problem: Install failed - back to 512.16

Nothing I try results in a successful driver install of either 531.29 or 531.41. Pretty much at wit’s end here. The only thing I haven’t tried in installed GeForce Experience and updating the driver from there.

MSI B550-A Pro (Beta BIOS 7C56vAC)
AMD 5800X3D
64GB DDR4/3600

The CPU was installed a few days ago, and I wasn’t having any issues.
I ran a virus scan - no issues.

MSI has a new release version the BIOS for my motherboard. I installed it, but nothing changed.

I’ve posted this in the nVidia Forum as well. I’ve seen a couple of posts talking about similar behavior in the last week.

I have gpu nvidia 4090 and cpu intel core 9 13900k, when I try to pop up windows instrument panel the game freeze and no additional action is possible. I spent a lot of money for this pc but MSFS has always a lot of problem with drivers and so on. Could one help me to sort out this issue. I’m very very disappointed about MSFS 2020

Did you discover anything?
For instance I got Msi after burner to monitor the performance and this program dramatically smashed the fps in case of windows pop up. I had to remove that.
I have 4090 and windowss 11. Which grapfhic set up youy have?

1 Like

Hello JazzyCargo,

Yes, I did discover something in the background, unfortunately I cannot remember what it was! Obviously, it was nothing too problematic. I am using a G-Force Nvidia 1070, it works very well with the simulator even though it’s now a ‘pensioner’ of a graphics card. My processor is an AMD 6500X 6 core.

BRGDS

Charles.

1 Like