NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.41 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 531.41.

Gaming Highlights

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games including the open beta for Diablo IV featuring NVIDIA DLSS 2 technology. Further support for new titles leveraging DLSS 2 technology include The Last of Us Part I,
Smalland: Survive the Wild, and Deceive Inc. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports Resident Evil 4 and the addition of DLSS 3 technology to Forza Horizon 5. Lastly, this Game Ready Driver offers full support for the technology preview of Cyberpunk 2077ā€™s Ray
Tracing: Overdrive Mode.

GeForce Experience Profiles:

• Kerbal Space Program 2
  • Last Epoch
  • Like a Dragon: Ishin!
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Fixed Issues

• Adobe application stability issues using 531.18 [4008751]
  • Enscape crash at startup with 531.18 [4008190]
  • Beamr ā€“ Issue with AV1 encoding in PTD=0 mode [3981172]
  • Derivative TouchDesigner ā€“ NVAR: crash when using multi-person tracking [3808674]
  • [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update [3839021]
  • [Portal with RTX] ā€œBackground application max frame rateā€ setting is getting engaged while game is in focus [3897352]
  • Disable Horizon Zero Dawn Resizable Bar profile on Intel platforms [3759681]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
  • Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]
  • Assassinā€™s Creed Origins stability issues using 531.18 [4008770]

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/531.41/531.41-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

1 Like

Here we have the popular CLEAN VERSION of the Nvidia Driver 531.41 from Guru3D.

How to make your own Nvidia Clean Driver, (no additional tools required).

Follow link from ā€˜Nvidia Settingsā€™, the instructions are hidden.

Charles.

1 Like

Was hoping this would have been fixed.

4 Likes

Again nothing for MSFS that has been pushing DLSS and one of the reasons to get a 40 series card.

1 Like

I picked up a virus downloading this from this site so all be aware. Its Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml virus which steal banking and ID theft.

1 Like

If you donā€™t want telemetry, bloat, etc., use DDU and NvCleaninstall. That way you can use the official installer from Nvidia. To be honest though, I think claims of performance benefits to this method vs. just using the Nvidia installer are exaggerated.

7 Likes

I have RTX 4090 i never i have CTD , with new driver first time , is bad driver, i Put the old driver back work fine

3 Likes

A disclaimer for 531.41 that is still known to be an issue:

Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters causes games to crash.

I have not tested this driver with MSFS again since the last stable driver (528.49). All of the drivers that followed caused crashes when using:

• HAGS ON
  • DX12
  • DLSS 3 Frame generation ON
  • Nvidia Filters

Has anybody tried this driver in such a setting?

There is no virus in the Guru3D file that I have downloaded. I have never heard of anytime in the past or present where a virus was discovered in one of the Guru3D Nvidia drivers. You should tell us which AV you are using, if you make such a claim we need to know more. Please donā€™t keep us guessing. The alarm is likely a false-positive. Too many off-cuff arbitrary claims are made in this forum over different issues, and we are left scratching our heads because no evidence or details are given to us in the authors posting.

WHAT SPECIFIC FILE DID YOUR AV ALLEGEDLY DISCOVER A VIRUS IN?

I suggest if you really believe there is a virus in the driver, you contact Guru3D through their forum. Cleaning a driver requires no other software tools, you are implying a virus was added to the the file as a deliberate act or the files have become infected. If deliberate, this is a criminal act.

I am using this driver from Guru3D, my system and the driver file are not infected with a virus.

Surely you scanned the file when you downloaded it? If not why?

The forum moderators will remove my link to the driver if there are genuine concerns about the file safety.

A link is included, (in my previous post) to a post in this forum which shows you how to easily clean the Nvidia driver. I takes just a few minutes and is perfectly safe. I suggest that if you want a cleaned driver, you edit the files yourself in future.

I suggest you download and use this tool on your system, it is provided my Microsoftā€¦

Charles.

1 Like

There are no claims made to my knowledge, that using a Cleaned Driver improves PC/gaming performance. I wished that was true! I have never made a claim like that. Where did you get that information from?

Charles.

There was a report in another thread that one of the sims fspackage files was triggering this very ā€œWacatacā€ alert. As far as I know Microsoft acknowledged it and fixed it. The problem was with Windows Defender

There are countless YouTube videos where such claims are made. Just search ā€œNvidia clean driver performance fpsā€ or anything similar to that and your knowledge will be expanded.

Nobody said you did. Have a nice day.

Why donā€™t you provide the link? I donā€™t want to waste my time, I donā€™t need anything proving to me. Your sarcasm is not appreciated.

Charles.

1 Like

Yes, I did hear something about this in relation to Windows Defender.

Charles.

That mean the MSFS make ctd because that watatac and is not problem with driver Nvidia

1 Like

Iā€™m getting an instant BSOD with this driver whenever I load into an airport. RTX 4080
switched back to 531.29 and everything works.

1 Like

Pretty scary to think that the last driver with no DPC latency issues was 512.95

1 Like

I can only tell you what Windows defender did .It stopped the download and said that there was this virus and removed the download. I have downloaded from this site often so was only trying to warn that there may be a issue.

4 Likes

Hi MinimalTuna77767,

Thank you for informing us and keeping us up-to date. I am pleased that you are OK and not compromised by a PC virus. :grinning: Phew!

My Windows Defender did not behave this way when I downloaded the driver. Anyhow, we need reminders from time-to-time to be careful about opening files from the internet. Sometimes I get a little complacent, especially if I am downloading from a trusted source such as Guru3D and, Avsim, flightsim.to etc.

Let us know if you get anymore of these scares.

It sounds like MS have fixed this issue with Windows Defender.

Yours aye.

Charles.

1 Like

my laptop windows 11 new driver 531.41 geforce rtx 2060 msfs game 30 minutes to 3 hours will Crash restert computer again old driver back 531.29

1 Like