[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Chile Volcanoes

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Hosted by @Jummivana, @RoyalTot, @simtom2, and @Pieter1982NL.

This flight plan comes from Worldtour.flights and was created by @Theduck38. Thanks!

Website created by @Smef9835.

When: Friday, 2000Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event.

FLIGHT DETAILS

This path will take you along the volcanoes chain of the Cordillera in Chile.

A contrasted flight along the Cordillera volcanoes, from Puerto Montt to Los Angeles (one of the many…)!

You will see many lakes along the path, impressive mountains and cultivated plains where the lava sometimes stopped by miracle.

There are more than 15 different volcanoes to see.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Daher TBM930! Or something that closely matches it in speed.

We will be starting at SCTE. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

WEATHER

We will be using either Few Clouds or clear skies.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided here: https://worldtour.flights/flightplans/87

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

7 Likes

Sounds great!
For everyone participating, make sure you have some sort of fix for the flaps issue in place.
I recommend the TBM improvement project, thanks to @mixMugz we even have a fork of the original (which was discontinued) now with the flaps fix incorporated in the current release:

For the G3000, make sure you have the great mod by WorkingTitle installed - here’s the current release:

5 Likes

This will be my first multiplayer flight, and I cannot wait to try it!

I am having trouble getting discord to let me into the group via its authenticator so I don’t think I will have voice chat but will follow as best as I can!

If you open the #important-info channel, there is at the bottom a message from Flight Simulator which says “React to this message to access the server!”.
Once you did this, you should see all the channels in that discord.

I tried it with Discord audio and having the twitch stream running in parallell, which was just exhausting since these are two audio streams at the same time. For the Fly-Ins I therefore just use the twitch stream to follow along.

A simple precision:

In the server list, I have for Europe:

• Western Europe
  • Center Europe

But no North Europe

Do you mean Western Europe instead of North Europe?

Hi thanks for your reply!

I tried to do that and it asked to authenticate with my Xbox account but this didn’t seem to work so I was not allowed to access the discord channel :frowning:

I will try again later today to see if I can get in or alternatively use the twitch stream as you have suggested. :slight_smile:

I know this probably doesnt help you much but in my server list North Europe is definately there!

Looks like it’s a translation issue. This was raised as an issue here but it might have been closed in error due to bad timing with the service outage recently.

Europe (Center) looks to be the correct server. I had the North Europe server manually selected and changed the language in options to confirm.

image image

1 Like

hello. sorry to ask such simple question:
what time is 2000Z?
Is it european central time (paris/berlin/vienna)?
Thank you for response

2000Z is GMT UK time so it will be 2100 local time in Europe (Paris.)

Well I managed to get into discord - I think it must have been a glitch yesteday - so look forward to talking to you all on the flight! :grinning:

Yes, definitely a translation typo here, thanks for your reply and for the pointer

That helps!

1 Like

Hello all,

Thank you for flying with Duck Airlines :smiley:

I would suggest to use “clear sky” or “high altitude clouds” option, as the “few clouds” are usually too low with the default setting… they may block the view of these beautiful summits.

Otherwise it is still possible to raise the cloud layer1 altitude to 12000 fts but I don’t know what will happen if all players don’t have these customized settings ?

3 Likes

count me in!

Thanks for the insight!! Very excited to fly your route today.

1 Like

do we have a voice channel somehow? In discord i can hear nothing.

I enjoyed the music and comments (jokes ?)… Thanks !

4 Likes

It was lots of fun and the scenery was awesome. Thanks for setting this up!!

2 Likes

I added a bunch of group shots due to the stream failure, just in case.