[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Group flight with TheFlyingFabio

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Hosted by @TheFlyingFabio and @Jummivana!

When: Friday, 1700Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event.

FLIGHT DETAILS

Alright everyone, so route for Friday is an Idaho GroupFlight™️, we’re going to hit a few airstrips in the Idaho Backcountry, super challenging stuff even for season pilots, so bring your flying pants! All of this can be done with default scenery, but it’s much better with the custom scenery below, which is all free. The departure does have a commercial scenery that is on Marketplace, which can be used but is not needed.

There are a lot of fun landing challenges for this so hope you have all been practicing!

Departure: Johnson Creek (identifier is 3U2)
Route: 3U2 - NA9 - DEW - K10 - 85U - 12ID
Destination: Flying B Ranch (12ID)

Sceneries:

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: This is definitely not doable in a C172. You’ll need a proper bush plane. Anything that can fly up to 10,000 ft (we might need to climb over some mountains) and can fly at 100 kts or so will work. Oh, and short runway performance is a must :).

Default aircraft:

Zlin Aviation Savage Cub
Cub Crafter’s X Cub

Freeware aircraft mods:

Savage Carbon: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator
Savage Grravel: Savage Grravel - Monster Truck in the Skies » Microsoft Flight Simulator

We will be starting at W–. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server East USA
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Live
Time of Day Live

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided here:
IFR Johnson Creek (3U2) to Flying B Ranch Landing Strip (12ID).pln (8.8 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the World Map
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

7 Likes

Postponed to another Friday fly-in. Apologies! Will follow up with date asap.

Details and flight plan have been updated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mods and resources for the XCub if someone wants to use that:

Also note that the flight plan is created as IFR and contains waypoints not identified by LNM:
NA9 (MSFS knows the airport KCMG at this location)
DEW
K10

EDIT: With the suggested scenery addons these issues are resolved, but without them, be aware of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great fly-in! While I couldn’t make a proper landing due to all the stutters, I still had lots of fun enjoying the scenery and listening to Fabio! I loved his energy and insight into mountain flying. Great job, and thanks to everyone who joined!

4 Likes

Had so much fun that I forgot to take screenshots :smiley:
Thanks everyone, was a great trip and Fabio as always with such a great preparation and material!

Next time I’ll have to install all the suggested aircraft. Had far too many generic Bonanzas with extended gear around me…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Love the screenshots. Thanks again @TheFlyingFabio for hosting!

3 Likes

Was a fun flight. Nice to look at your screen shots and see my name/plane in there.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for flying along and watching, it was a blast! Special thanks to @Jummivana for inviting me and being such a great host, let’s gooooooooo!

3 Likes

Too bad i waa unable to join. Nice screens and Hope all had a good one