Screenshot by YusufWardana
We had a great time answering your questions and interacting with the community in yesterday’s Dev Q&A. If you missed it, here is the video with timestamps for each question:
The Q&A was packed with information like an update from Working Title, a guest appearance from Will at Fly By Wire Simulations, a new partnership with Perfect Flight, and a new plane announcement coming soon to MSFS: The Husky A-1C!
Sneak peek of the new Husky coming ~August, 2021
We are also pleased to welcome Fly By Wire Simulations’ A32NX mod to the Marketplace today, your top Wishlist request!
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version. Most recent update:
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work as started on this item
As of 05/22, we have now approved 192 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 92 (+2) have released 398 products (+15).
We were excited to read Robert Randazzo’s recent blog post (link) with an update on their exciting fleet of planes. We simply cannot wait to try out the upcoming Douglas DC-6 Skymaster (hopefully soon) and their 737, 747 and 777 aircraft. All of us are very happy that this acclaimed developer is “all in” on the platform!
In total, 994 products (+32) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 339 products (+3) from 3rd party developers are in production (203 announced, 136 unannounced). In total, over 1,333 3rd party products (+35) are either released or are in development.
836 airports (+27) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 628 airports (+23) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 336 airports (+15) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 94 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 114 airports (+5) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
156 aircraft (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 41 aircraft (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 23 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 93 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
305 sceneries (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 289 sceneries (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 24 sceneries (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
36 mission packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 36 mission packs (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (-1) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- We updated the warning prompt when a package has been modified before building/exporting, to clearly state the consequences of saving versus not saving before building.
- We added mission docs.
- We added a tutorial for airport creation which uses our new Airport Creation Wizard.
- We also made a minor fix to call out changes in .flags file behavior for MetalRoughnessAO textures.
- The WASM documentation was updated.
We fixed a crash when loading a project during game load
The FX Editor will be available in beta version along with the SDK. We added FX selection when right clicking on it and we fixed several issues (listed below):
- ParticleColor parameter that wasn’t working in the Update
- orphan attachments when FX isn’t spawned (node graph related)
- the attachments when no node is specified (node graph related)
We fixed corrupted asset group paths when creating a VFX library.
Today there are 4 new products and 8 updated products in the Marketplace.
The CRJ update will be going out later today to match Aerosoft’s timing on their store.
4 NEW PRODUCTS
8 UPDATED PRODUCTS
Join us tomorrow for fly-in Friday for a trip to Mount Everest! All are welcome to attend. More details can be found here. Next Wednesday, we will learn about cross-country planning and flying on the C152 with ForderLearntoFly. Details here! And last but not least, rescheduled for next Friday, June 4th, TheFlyingFabio will lead a group flight. Mark your calendars!
Drawyah’s new series on freeware - 5 Freeware in 5 Minutes:
This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “Natural Ecosystems - Tropical Rainforests”. The winner is featured above. Below are our runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge:
Last challenge’s Finalists:
Amazonas - Screenshot by tomlaut1980
Argentina - Screenshot by Lisandro1969
Papua New Guinea - Screenshot by Airwolf6727
Hawaii - Screenshot by SnagglePss68
Khao Sok, Thailand - Screenshot by Jannik207
Dominican Sunrise - Screenshot by ArcanePython931
Brazil - Screenshot by LumpLizard18973
Screenshot by YusufWardana
Hawaii - Screenshot by z32ands30
Screenshot by ebbsy2
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 6.03
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team