[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 11: Paris to Andorra

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @simtom2
When: Friday, March 29 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2024-03-29T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

Picking up from where we left off last time, we depart from Paris Le Bourget (LFPB) and head on a generally southwesterly heading towards the Franco-Spanish border. En route, we’ll visit the home city of Asobo Studio, Bordeaux! Since the microstate of Andorra does not have any airports of its own, our final full stop landing will be at Andorra–La Seu d’Urgell Airport, an airport that is technically in Spain but serves Andorra, the next UN member nation we will visit as part of our World Tour!

Be sure to install the free World Update IV: France and Benelux, City Update II: France, and World Update VIII: Iberia from the in-sim Marketplace for the best experience during this flight.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2024-03-29 World Tour Stage 11 Paris to Andorra.PLN (4.9 KB)

We will be starting at LFPB. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Daher TBM 930, Aero Vodochody L-39 Albatross, ATR 42-600 or 72-600, or any aircraft of your choice with a cruise speed of about 300 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

2 Likes

I haven’t taken screenshots in the last few (not for any particular reason), so it was nice to take a few this time around in beautiful scenery and weather.

Thought there may not be many photo ops with the initial cloud and overcast.

Then I saw the holes poking through with some sun.

Some epic cloud formations made way for me to cut through.

Playing Tomcat through the mountains about 20nm out.

You can’t miss this beauty on approach because you hear it long before you see it.

Front row parking.

Thanks all, have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

6 Likes

Another fun community flight! Looking forward to the next one

4 Likes

another nice one

6 Likes

Had an absolute blast flying with everybody, as we were cruising at faster speeds I chose to get a little stick time with my newly acquired Heatblur/IndiaFoxtEcho F-14A Tomcat, even spotted another Tomcat and had a little formation flight action (though I’m not very good at that yet :P)

Here’s some horribly cropped screenshots!

6 Likes

It was great to join the pack live yesterday and not just trying to catch up with the stages I missed. I’m pretty sure I would have never visited LESU if it wasn’t for the world tour, and it would have been a shame, it is in such a nice but also a little challenging location. Can’t wait for next week’s event!

5 Likes