[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 14: Lisbon to Rabat via Gibraltar

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @simtom2
When: Friday, April 26 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2024-04-26T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

This week, the World Tour enters its third continent as we cross the Strait of Gibraltar into Africa!

We will depart from Lisbon :portugal: and fly southbound along the Portuguese coast to Faro, a city rich in history and culture. Next, we head to the famous Rock of Gibraltar :gibraltar: for a touch & go landing at LXGB before proceeding across the Mediterranean Sea to Morocco. :morocco: Our full-stop landing will be at the Moroccan capital city of Rabat.

Be sure to install the free World Update VIII: Iberia from the in-sim Marketplace for the best experience during this flight.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2024-04-26 World Tour Stage 14 Lisbon to Rabat.PLN (3.4 KB)

We will be starting at LPPT. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Daher TBM 930, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2, Dornier Do 31, or any aircraft of your choice with a cruise speed of 200+ knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

Don’t like twitch?, Find me on Youtube:
https://youtube.com/XboxGamerKennie

For those recreating the flight plan:

Humberto Delgado Airport (LPPT)
EstĂĄdio Algarve
Faro Airport (LPFR)
Rota Navy Airport (LERT)
La ConstituciĂłn de 1812 Bridge
Gibraltar AB Airport (LXGB)
Ibn Batouta Airport (GMTT)
Rabat–SalĂ© Airport (GMME)

[Music copyright issue for livestreamers]

Just a reminder. We are not able to also stream the Twitch Fly-In; in a minimized window, on our own stream.
The music in the official Twitch livestream is licensed only to you. On YouTube all tracks are flagged.

Perhaps Microsoft could use music OWNED by Microsoft and music that is published with the YouTube Creator Music department?
The music tracks will then automatically be licensed properly in the YouTube system when they are heard. Bliss. Everyone is complaint with YT Policy.

Bonus: Published track licensing use includes a ‘SHARE’ option. Ad revenue is split.
So in an average Fly-in, basically every track could be set to share.

It would be nice if they are set to; no time limit, royalty free.

-Cheers & Best.

PC Users - Looks like Flightsim.to has freeware versions available for the departure airport (LPPT) and the arrival airport (GMME) if anyone’s interested, GMME looks quite nice in the screenshots!

LPPT - LPPT - Humberto Delgado Airport, Lisbon for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

GMME - GMME / Rabat Salé Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

1 Like

For music, the service Epidemic sound is used. This is indeed copyrighted in the sense that the music has been licensed for paying subscriptions, like one is used during streams.

Since the stream is not streamed on YouTube, it’s not feasible nor desirable to use Youtube Creator music. Microsoft itself doesn’t have copyrighted/copy free music.

1 Like

As usual, a fun community flight! I told my wife to respect my title of community flight pilot :wink:

2 Likes

Great event as always, thanks everyone! :small_airplane:

2 Likes

Then do not play music on the fly-ins so more than YOU can stream it to the world eh?

Are you not cutting out the potential to deliver the message for music?

Hard to believe Microsoft does not have a historic lib of music.

Simply though. Please reconsider having music.

Let me get this right:

You want that we stop playing music for everybody who enjoys it and alter the complete setup and concept, just so you are able re-stream the stream on a completely different platform?

1 Like

Oh! Not just me. Everyone who streams and loves MSFS.

Also. To be more community friendly overall and not seemingly excluding any other platform with any sort of
bias?
If’n it were me I’d want everyone streaming after announcing it on social media. A giant broadcast of aircraft where people can play their own music.

Might be worth it to take the time each week to get the music directly from YouTube creator music. Lots and lots of free tracks and tons with share built in. Searching by themes, etc. you can download a small lib.

Also making sure to use Re-Stream to put the broadcast on many platforms at once.

And, or, I’d go find someone who oversees the catalog of MS licensed music back to ancient history and make sure it was all data processed into YouTube Creator Music.

So not only could there be weekly media blitzes from lots of perspectives, there’s the potential to make everyone a buck. Merry Christmas.

Just some thoughts.
Cheers & best.

Hello @Kinneas2020,

I’m not sure I’m properly understanding your request here. Anyone with a Twitch or YouTube channel can stream themselves participating in the weekly Community Fly-In events. Are you asking to also re-broadcast the audio (including host commentary/music/etc.) from the MSFSOfficial channel to your own personal channel? Is that what you want to do?

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Hello, Seedy!
RIGHT!

I’m sure I speak for all when I say we love you folks. Thet Fly-Ins are special. Following along and following your leads is great.
So yeah! I’m streaming my view and also have the official stream in a mini window that I can blow up when it’s something important you are all showing etc.

But! On our end on YouTube, each music track played on the official stream listed and is flagged as ‘Copyright Protected’ and can result in negative marks against a channel or worse.

The only ‘copyright protected’ violations I have on my account are from the official fly-ins.

Yes. We can stream the event without also broadcasting you folks! But. Then everyone is missing out.

It’s a problem but there does seem to be solutions to have music that is safe across all platforms.

We’re your audience. But we need to be able to deliver you to our audiences and get them excited to buy and join.

Cheers & Best!