[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 26: Budapest to Vienna via Bratislava

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @FactualGull1036, @SimFlightPro, and @westcstwilly
When: Friday, August 30 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2024-08-30T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

In this stage, we’ll visit the capital cities of two more countries on our World Tour, Slovakia and Austria! Picking up where we last left off, we’ll depart Budapest :hungary: and fly on a generally westerly heading to Bratislava :slovakia: and then onwards to Vienna :austria:. En route, we will enjoy the beautiful scenery from the air and pass over several Points of Interest (POIs) from three different World Updates!

For the best experience, be sure to download the FREE World Update XIV: Central Eastern Europe and World Updates VI & XVII: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland from the in-sim Marketplace.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2024-08-30 World Tour Stage 26 Budapest to Vienna via Bratislava.PLN (5.2 KB)

We will be starting at LHBP. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Cessna 172, CubCrafters X or NXCub, Pipistrel Virus, Flight Design CTSL, or any aircraft of your choice with a cruise speed of ~110 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

1 Like

The PLN file’s name is wrong, but it contains the right flight plan. :slightly_smiling_face:

What the heck? This is the file I uploaded, but the forum software keeps changing the file name (but not its contents) after I upload it???

Edit: I fixed it by manually editing the file name in the forum post, but I still don’t know why it didn’t upload with the correct file name to begin with.

When I download the plan, I am still getting the one with the wrong name.

I got the wrong name also then i download the flight plan

2024-08-16 World Tour Stage 25 Ljubljana to Budapest via Zagreb is the name of it

On my iPad I get this:

Forum software caching maybe?

Even if I try to upload the file as a reply the forum software changes the file name. I have no idea why it’s doing this.

Here’s the file I’m selecting to upload:

But after it uploads, it changes the file name to World Tour Stage 25:

2024-08-16 World Tour Stage 25 Ljubljana to Budapest via Zagreb.PLN (6.0 KB)

Yet if you download this file and open it in Notepad, it has the correct waypoints for Stage 26. So strange!

I’ve seen things like this in Wordpress. When I hover the mouse over the link above on my PC, this is what it links to:

I even renamed it to “my_flight_plan.PLN”, and it still latches on to that Stage 25 name. It might be checking the file contents itself?

Yes, I changed the plan so it only had the departure, and destination, and it uploaded okay, with a new file name.

So an export of the original plan in MSFS format from LNM works, link immediately above.

2024-08-30 World Tour Stage 26 Budapest to Vienna via Bratislava.PLN (5.2 KB)

Okay, that worked. I re-created the flight plan from the World Map and made one very minor change to it then saved it again. Now it’s uploading with the correct file name. What the heck???!

I also updated the OP with the correct file name.

It must be checking the hash of the file or similar, and no matter what you call it, it won’t allow a duplicate upload. Change the file content, and a new file is uploaded.

2 Likes

Still no descent time for the official fly-ins. Once again by not varying the time week by week or running it again at an alternate time basically excludes those countries whose time zones don’t fit.

I think the time was chosen to reach the most players. What would be the point of selecting the time zone so that only a few players are reached?

This is correct. There is no one magic time where everyone in the entire world will be free to fly, so we very carefully selected the time that maximizes the number of participants: the event is scheduled for evening hours in Europe and Africa and daytime hours in North and South America. Unfortunately, this means it’s nighttime hours for players from Asia and Oceania, but no matter what time we start the event, it will be nighttime for somebody.

However, because it’s the start of the weekend and many people don’t work the next day, we also have a small but dedicated group of flyers from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and elsewhere who set their alarm clocks to wake up super early on Saturday morning, complete the Fly-In with us, then go back to sleep. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

That was a fun flight with lots of great sights!

4 Likes

It was a pleasure again. Nice route, nice POI’s. Thanks for the work you have done.

As usual some Screenshots of my flight. Today i have some passengers on flight.

4 Likes

An awesome treat as last POI

3 Likes

The point is it’s meant to be an inclusive community. Instead it seems it’s just exclusive. There would never be a few players actually. Whatever time you choose large parts of the world are on a descent time.

Not suggesting there is a magic time but there are other times that would include those excluded by this time. As I replied above that would make for an inclusive community if you either changed the time week by week to make it fair and/or just run other official fly-ins to cater for those that have this time in the middle of their night. Right now it’s always the same group that get a raw deal. Think it’s only fair to share that around is all I’m suggesting.

What time do you suggest?