[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 28: Innsbruck to Bern via Vaduz and Zurich

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @westcstwilly
When: Friday, September 13 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2024-09-13T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

Picking up from beautiful Innsbruck where we ended the last stage, we’ll depart on a generally westerly heading to reach the capitals of two more countries, Liechtenstein :liechtenstein: and Switzerland :switzerland:! Despite being a sovereign nation, Liechtenstein does not have an airport of its own, so out flight plan will have us fly over the capital city of Vaduz instead of landing there.

We will then continue onwards to scenic Switzerland, with a touch and go at Zurich before arriving at the Swiss capital of Bern for our full stop landing.

For the best experience, be sure to download the FREE World Updates VI & XVIII: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland from the in-sim Marketplace.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2024-09-13 World Tour Stage 28 Innsbruck to Bern.PLN (6.4 KB)

We will be starting at LOWI. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Diamond DA40, Cirrus SR22T, Extra 330LT, Pitts Special, or any aircraft of your choice with a cruise speed of 130+ knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

4 crashes and 5 planes ago…

I decided to fly on a scenic route, wanted to snap some photos of some of the POI’s, but with flying solo I always do live weather… Well, I could barely see the end of the runway thanks to a mix of rain and fog.

My first three attempts, I decided to bob and weave through the mountainside, needless to say this didn’t go well. I then got fed up and said to myself “time to go up and over” so the F-18 hornet was the choice, as you can see below I even crashed that. I decided to give the hornet one last shot, and it was successful, but when I crashed the hornet I was honestly debating about making base camp and pulling a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the galaxy to see if anyone would give me a lift.

For those who don’t know the reference… in the book and movie they wear a ring on their thumbs, and they stick there thumbs in the air and a beam of light comes from there thumbs in order to get picked up by intergalactic travellers.

2 Likes

Mal schauen, vielleicht bekommen wir mit unsere Facebook Gruppe “Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020/24 Germany” noch einen Gemeinsamen Flug organisiert.

Even i have followers

5 Likes

Off to a wet start

Pair of Chinooks making do with the weather in the mountains.

Long line ready to go.

And this guy or gal braving the rain today.

Not every day you’re overtaken by a Chinook

Switched to “clear skies” preset just to see what I’m missing.

But even real world weather with the rainy overcast has its own moments of beauty.

Starting to see mountain poke through the pockets of clear sky.

Starting to get a bit questionable out here.

Finally clearing up again.

Back on solid ground with a few moments of light to spare.

8 Likes

As usual a fun community flight! A scenic Alps flight and looking forward to next week when we will fly to Neurenberg.

4 Likes

Cool, great shots Ray!

2 Likes

Looks like he has an itch that he can’t scratch

4 Likes

Standing in his cockpit on roof he still got the blue side up ^^

1 Like

Some shots I took from this Fly-In Friday

5 Likes