[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 6: Reykjavik to Dublin

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, and @simtom2
When: Friday, February 9 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2024-02-09T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

The Community Fly-In Friday World Tour continues!

After taking a hiatus to explore the new Caribbean World Update last week, we’re back for another stage of our World Tour! As always, our flight departs from our last arrival airport, in this case Reykjavik, Iceland. :iceland: From there, we’ll make our way to our next capital city: Dublin, Ireland. :ireland:

While most of the flight will be over water, this is the final stage of our transatlantic voyage! We also have two touch & go landings en route planned: Faroe Islands :faroe_islands: and Donegal.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2024-02-09 World Tour Stage 6 Reykjavik to Dublin.PLN (2.8 KB)

We will be starting at BIRK. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: We are once again recommending any aircraft of your choice with a very high cruise speed (400+ knots or as close to it as you can get). Any of the jetliners such as the Airbus A320 or Boeing 787 Dreamliner will work, or you could also choose a business jet like the Citation CJ4 or Longitude, a fast jet like the L-39 Albatross from the Reno Air Races collection, or the Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet or another military jet.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

5 Likes

About a week ago I bought two new jets and some skins (aka Liveries) one of the jets I took from Toronto to Nova Scotia to check out the snow, it was time for me to check out the other jet so I did

I’ll admit it, started off well but it got a little screwy but I managed to get it flying well again.

Oh and for those wondering about the Liveries that I bought, I couldn’t help but feel kind of geeked at seeing one of my fellow aviators flying the Airbus A320 with it looking like an Air Canada plane, seeing how they were on sale I couldn’t pass them up.

For those wishing to use a SimBrief flight plan, you can check it out here.

2 Likes

sadly yes, same issue for me

Yes. While ping may be higher for some, it should be the most reliable server this time of day to host the participants to the community flight. Happy flighting!

Flight plan fixed for Navigraph users:

2024-02-09 World Tour Stage 6 Reykjavik to Dublin.PLN (2.9 KB)

We made it across the Atlantic! While I look forward to the community flights in Europe, I also enjoyed the stages to cross the ocean.

3 Likes

I could only make a portion of the flight, I’ll finish the rest later. It was a good time, not a long time. Another great excuse for the Tomcat.

A Vulcan trailing behind, which I haven’t fully learned to operate yet (maybe next long haul)

These two were supposed to be F15’s I believe, but I don’t have those addons currently. They did some solid formation flying.

3 Likes