Official Discussion: August 11th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

I’d appreciate if there would be more something like a "insight into development 
 what are they doing, what’s most challenging and so on
dev topics are just a side note: “next beta update soon”, “dev q&a next week” AND TOO much about happenings, events 
 its a dev update
 not a marketing update
 isn’t it ?

16 Likes

Marketplace items seems to be the same as last week?

3 Likes

The web version of the Dev Update temporarily had last week’s Marketplace items, but we have since fixed this (you might have the old version cached still). The forum version has always been correct.

3 Likes

Looking at that, it would appear the Xbox WASM fix has been pushed to SU11.

I’m disappointed, but it certainly was looking like it wasn’t going to make SU10.

My positive spin is, it will be done right with more time.

9 Likes

:sob: I had a sneaking suspicion Xbox WASM wasn’t going to happen.

On the positive side, I’m genuinely surprised MSFS will have a presence at Gamescom. Hoping for some really good things to come out of that.

4 Likes

The team will have more to say about this during next week’s Dev Q&A livestream.

4 Likes

Slim pickings this week

2 Likes

Do you know what the team means by ‘soon’ for the next beta update? Soon as in tomorrow or next week?

2 Likes

The number of significant bugs not listed in the development roadmap is somewhat 
 concerning. Is anyone cataloging all the bugs submitted, or is just up to “votes”?

Also, why is June and July the August roadmap (HTML version) with “TBD” entries that were already announced and passed? Copy paste in haste!

5 Likes

The Feedback Snapshot shows the top 24 bugs (both lifetime and last three months) as voted on by the players. It does not list all the bugs that have been logged in our internal tool and are being worked on by Asobo.

4 Likes

ok, that’s a relief. thanks.

2 Likes

So
yes. Beyond bummed. Concorde might be the most advanced aircraft Xbox users get at this rate.

3 Likes

I’d love to see more updates about ongoing development in the dev updates: what’s being worked on for the next beta, which things are expected to be fixed before the release, how unexpected challenges and regressions in DX12 and Xbox-Wasm have caused things to slip and what’s expected to change in the future.

4 Likes

Get rid of the Third Party Update. I understand the desire to pad out the updates to make it look like there’s a lot happening but no one is being fooled.

I promise you no one reads or cares about that section. Absolutely useless information with gems like:

“105 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.“

6 Likes

Is it just me or the bugs reported during SU10 beta do not show up in the bugs list anymore ?

Like the “no light pollution anymore”, it has 140 votes.

1 Like

Please do not get rid of it. Some of us use it to keep track of updates for stuff that we bought on the marketplace but moved to a different folder.

2 Likes

AFAIK the list only shows bugs from released updates and not from Betas. I think that’s sensible since the bugs from the Beta are supposed to be solved DURING the Beta.

However:
I guess the moderators should make sure those threads get transferred to the normal bug section and not closed in case the bugs are NOT gone after the beta. This way the bugs can go on the list

1 Like

What could it possible be that’s causing the delay? I’m not a programmer, but I can think of a couple of reasons perhaps. The consoles are basically PC’s under the hood, but protected like the OS on an iPhone is, so perhaps its an issue with the VM, and isolating that code away from the rest of the XBox OS? I wouldn’t have thought it would be a speed issue, but you never know.

Whatever they do to resolve this I hope it doesn’t mean further regressions on both platforms. If they need to do something drastic to get WASM to work on the XBox, keep it on the XBox.

1 Like