Official Discussion: August 5th, 2021 Development Update

Hi Asobo,

Thank you so much for the great work so far!! You guys over in France are doing an amazing job!!

@Jummivana I just discovered a CTD when touching down @ LFHM, the final destination of the french bushtrip.
Maybe you can pass this on to the team in the case they have missed it?

I’ll try this final leg after the installation of the next update. If it’s not fixed, I will submit a ticket to the Zendesk.

Thanks in advance and I wish you a happy weekend!!

Cheers Mark

1 Like

Cannot wait for the inevitable backlash after the hotfix rolls out.

3 Likes

Didn’t you wanted to say this instead:

“it will make the clouds NOT looking like an ‘oil painting’”

i.e. looking like ‘clouds’ ?!

Oil Painting:

Real Cloud:

4 Likes

She misspelled “less”.

3 Likes

@Slides2006 good catch, thank you! I didn’t notice the double “like”!! I was afraid for a moment…

1 Like

If that is true, then the update should not have been released in this state! No one’s lives depended on the xbox release. It could’ve waited until it was ironed out. The other problem is, even when they do delay an update, it still comes out bugged somehow. If they only had one or two bugged updates, I don’t think anyone would be as mad as they are right now.

Just going through just some of their update mishaps:

1. Many CTDs and download loops reported upon release.
  2. Update fixed CTD’s, but for some reason made LAX and SEA unflyable due to stutters.
  3. First world update created terrain spikes across the world.
  4. Next world update turned small farms into office blocks.
  5. Next update changed the SDK and there were taxi lights and other odd scenery objects placed in random places around the airports.
  6. Next update I got LAX and SEA back without game ruining stutters, but then they removed all terminal buildings and bugged all jetways across the world. FPS are good, but CTD are back in full force!

How does everything they due, cause these huge issues to pop up across the map? Again, maybe once or twice, fine, mistakes happen. EVERY TIME? What is going on at this place? This is an attitude that they created toward the sim.

When I first downloaded the sim, and noted the errors, I said this was a great product and was hopefull that in a update or two, all would be fixed. I was very happy with the purchase. After about the third update, is when I became nervous that maybe they cannot fix the sim. Now, I haven’t touched it in days. It makes me sad, as I purchased a new computer just for this $120 simulator, and I am beginning to wish that, even with the amazing graphics, which have pretty much disappeared from the sim, I just went with P3d and FSLabs A32x family and I would have been happy.

MSFS now looks just as good as Infinite flight from 30,000ft for god’s sake. What does that tell you?

Asobo communicationtion is a disaster.
“Maybe in the next couple of business years they will figure it out”…

You simply don’t say “business days” when your audience is non business… Even more in a Tuesday when “a few business days” could mean 5 or more days.

• List item
2 Likes

No ones lives depend on this sim either on Xbox or PC, not that you’d know that judging by some of the posts :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Listen, all I am saying is that I ordered a very expensive game (we all did, especially if you ordered the Premium Deluxe version), that after A YEAR is not working. I really don’t think that is much to ask for. QA is all we want, hopefully, with the xbox release out of the way, things will get better.

1 Like

because they’ve already said an update is coming on the 26th of AUG. and that will have some fixes in it (i know right, doesn’t do us any good right now)

‘Listen’, we all paid for an expensive sim. As I said before, nobodies lives depend on the game. Agree or no?

Then there’s this guy… :rofl:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/boats-missing-wake-trail/437402?u=dfwsupertrooper

I mean…it makes you wonder if anyone is actually reading anything!

1 Like

What’s the problem?

No problem, man, I’m just kinda laughing because everyone has their hair on fire for these enormous issues that make the sim “unplayable” and waiting on the hotfix, etc, and then there’s your comment about something so simple as the boat wake, like none of these gigantic issues affected you (and honestly, maybe they haven’t). Anyway, it was no offense meant - just made me laugh and with all the angst on here I’m trying to share the funny things I see.

All kidding aside, I got the Seafront addon for boat traffic and it looks WAY BETTER for what you’re describing. I’d check it out.

2 Likes

It’s 8 PM in France. Asobo generally doesn’t release any patches this late. Asobo employees have probably gone home for the weekend. Next week it is then for the hotfix!

2 Likes

Sure seems that way. Oh well…in due time.

Maybe there is a workaround:
When the next big update comes i plan to disconnect the internet every time i start the sim, select offline mode, and reconnect and enable online services once the sim is started.

I testet this, you can start the sim without internet access, but i dont know yet if you can connect to the online services with an outdated client.

I guess targeting Friday is now Monday then.

1 Like

90% of the time in the real world, when people tell you Friday or Monday, it will be Monday or perhaps Tuesday. That’s simple reality. I’m looking for LOD to be fixed and autogen buildings not to be flattened into 2-D photographs after I’ve flown over them. I may or may not get what I’m looking for. Other people, who are all looking for different things, may or may not get what they’re looking for.

There’s a lot to fix, and I wish them luck. Maybe we’ll all be happy after the World Update, or at least back to where we were before this one.

Totally agree with what you said. It seems like our community managers are doing the best job they can, with whatever resources they are given. Issues most likely lie between the CMs and the dev team. Either communication is not flowing very well in the middle or those people don’t consider the issues people have too important to need prompt responses.

It makes a lot of sense too just watch the Q&A when a lot of the questions, bugs, wishlist items get brought up a decent portion of the time the dev team are bewildered, confused, or dismissive of what is brought up. To me it seems like the issues are not being properly explained or being moved up the chain that the CMs want relayed to the team.