Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

New Infographic being added to the article:

9 Likes

Sweet! Nice!

As far as I can understand, if I want a complete set, then I shouldn’t wait for GOTY, but I can just buy a Deluxe / Premium Deluxe at any time? Or even wait for discounts on these editions.

Yep! The sale is live, by the way :slight_smile: Steam and MS.

2 Likes

Nice touch that they included the F/A-18 and Miramar after they had to postpone the Top Gun - Maverick update.

Thanks for that! :+1:

5 Likes

I guess it’s hard to read

BAD GUESS — No, I can read, I just missed it – Unfortunately, I am not perfect, and occasionally make mistakes
 I guess we all do !

1 Like

Most of this looks awesome!

But this part

To celebrate the launch of Windows 11, from October 19th to November 18th, we have selected 11 landmarks across the globe that will be lit up in “Windows Blue” within Microsoft Flight Simulator.

That is really gross.

Can it at least be disabled so we don’t have to look at it? Or get a list of the landmarks so we can avoid them? The paint schemes are fine, we can fly with them or not. But turning some of the world’s landmarks into advertisement posters for Microsoft is extremely uncool and I do not understand how you thought that was a good idea.

1 Like

There is no additional price off for gamepass users, is there? Because it’s 20% off the whole time if you own the Game Pass.

One additional question: I currently play MSFS through Game Pass, is there any difference in buying it now or later when the GOTY edition comes out? For example different price or content?

Greetings

The movie Top Gun was released May 16, 1986. Movie location San Diego, NAS Miramar, the station was nicknamed “Fightertown USA”. NAS Fallon would NOT have been a better and more realistic choice . I’m going to have fun flying lots of different aircraft out of there.

1 Like

The content in this update is available fully for free to all owners disregarding the edition they own from the 3 existing (standard, deluxe and premium deluxe)?

Also
 are there any plans for a clearer upgrade system from one version to the other? What is present now in market place makes little sense to me. It looks like 3 upgrades at full price or very close to. I have Standard and I find little incentive to pay double the price for an upgrade that brings very little more and then maybe observe it’s not what I wanted because of how unclear is what is what.

I like the idea. It is only 11. It is a very big and vast world MSFS!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m taking this announcement from Microsoft as a greenlight to further announce that these new Bush Flying and IFR tutorials are developed by FS Academy, forming a partnership with Asobo and Microsoft.

Really looking forward to putting the finishing touches into these missions.

I’d like to stress that the new IFR tutorial set does not eclipse or step on the toes of our current tutorial packs FS Academy - IFR or FS Academy - VFR and is aimed to co-exist, aimed at purely newcomer simmers and presents the topic in a much more basic and ultimately accesible form.

Until then, happy landings!

12 Likes

Very nice, i liked this news!!!

1 Like

Very nice surprise, great news. Looking forward to update my MSFS next 18th Nov.

Hi Jayne. This is exciting news. Very curious to see the impact of DX12 and looking forward to experimenting with the replay system. One question from me: the new weather system, do we know if this will include any improvements to the aesthetics of clouds in the sim?
Thanks.

Haha, yes I thought the same. But I guess there may have been some outside pressure on the team to do something like this.

I will have Jorg and Seb go over all the new features and what they entail in the Q&A tomorrow for sure. Thanks for your question!

6 Likes

That’s great, thanks Jayne.

Hi Jane, will there be another beta flight for this edition before release ?