Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

Yes there will be, stay tuned for a web post tomorrow. There will be flights for both Reno and SU7 coming your way.

3 Likes

My takeaways are;

• F/A-18 Super Hornet.
  • 8 new handcrafted airports. Notably including an air force base which i hope is the start of more inclusion for them, both 1st & 3rd party & how military aircraft are handled in AI/Static area’s in general. Getting kind of bored with seeing 3rd party military aircraft where they shouldn’t be.
  • 5 new photogrammetry area’s for the UK is brilliant. Hopefully they’re up to a better standard then the previous UK update. Both in quality & how the photogrammetry is loaded.
  • Discovery Flights are classed as missions when they shouldn’t be. We need proper FSX style missions.
  • Updated weather system (hopefully clouds are returned to release quality).
  • DX12 (here’s hoping this finally sorts out all the reflection bugs).
2 Likes

Great that there’s a sale off the full price of each version but a lot of existing pilots, such as myself, would love to see discounted upgrade pricing from one edition to another. I bought the standard edition back in the day but didn’t realise how much I’d enjoy MSFS2020, but can’t see myself shelling out 150% of the original purchase price to go to Premium Deluxe.

4 Likes

Is GOTY = SU7 or are these two different things?

2 Likes

QA question - Does the arrival of the Super Hornet in MSFS mean native supersonic flight and support for collimated HUDs ?

This infographic seems quite confusing/misleading. It looks like GOTY edition has EVERYTHING from Standard/Deluxe/Premium + new content.

But I understand that GOTY is just new Standard plus new content that everybody’s getting anyway, while Deluxe/Premium will stay.

1 Like

Seems the Windows 11 celebration POIs can be deleted from the content manager if desired.

Happy camper again!

1 Like

Hey Jayne, just to confirm the Reno planes are sold separately between $20-$60. They do not come with the Game of the year edition regardless if we have the deluxe premium edition or not correct?

Whats abour using the game Pass ultimate subscription? Do i have to own IT in my account or is the subscristion enough?

This is correct. The new planes, bespoke airports, photogrammetry cities, etc. from the GOTY Edition will be free for ALL current MSFS players, but Reno Air Racing is a separate paid expansion pack (USD $19.99 for the core package or $59.99 for the full collection).

4 Likes

Stop this. You are spoiling us! Soon we don’t have anything to complain about anymore!

3 Likes

Are you able to say anything about how the Pitts S1S in the Reno pack will differ from the Pitts S1S in the GOTY Edition ?

1 Like

Just as an FYI - DC Designs released a free 80’s vintage scenery mod for NAS Miramar KNKX about the time they released their F-14 Tomcat. The scenery adds in the iconic FIGHTERTOWN USA sign along the runways, and the hangars emblazoned with FIGHTERTOWN USA as well, plus loads of parked static 80’s era Navy aircraft - F-14’s, F-5 and A-4 Aggressor training aircraft, E-2 Hawkeyes and naval helicopters. Anyone who likes miljets should already be using it. :slight_smile:

It will actually be quite interesting to see what the official GOTYE Miramar looks like in comparison.

2 Likes

Ok thank you!

Probably just different avionics and a two seater.
Edit: I guess the two seater is called S2. So I was wrong.

also my question. my guess is yes but it could be a very large update…

GOTY

Jorg was very clever when he was involved with Age of Empire s but these announcements above show his genius

Absolutely amazing announcement s in regards to GOTY and MSFS is a mind blowing technical achievement by Microsoft……also my next door neighbour in Nottingham (U.K,) Robin Hood is super excited about Nottingham getting updated

1 Like

This was a welcome surprise! I’m just blown away, really. Lots of interesting new planes, new handcrafted airports, photogrammetry cities, DX 12 and updated weather. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this Asobo/MS looking forward to new planes.

On a related note this makes me less likely to upgrade to premium/deluxe as going from 25 to 30 to 35 planes aren’t that big of increments. Perhaps time to expand the roster in premium and deluxe to encourage those like me to purchase?

1 Like

I am very curious how the new weather system should look like! better cloud representation more accurate weather. i am very curious.