Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

Oh no this not for me I already have a lot of experience transferred from IRL. I was just asking for others users considering how complicated these aircrafts are to understand without proper instruction.

Default A320 looks updated? From the trailerā€¦Iā€™ve never seen those messages on the upper ECAM display before.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 11.15.44

Will you make the sim stable and fit for purpose before any further development work?

1 Like

Exactly ā€“ I would gladly spend $60+ on the Reno stuff, if I got $1 credit back for each CTD (with an empty Community folder)

SU6 seems to have introduced some area specific CTD zones, that now here (for whatever reason) are not going to go away by themselves,

ie Flying in the Washington DC are is now near impossible without a CTD

2 Likes

Iā€™m really excited for the Game of the Year Edition with all the new planes and features abound. Hopefully the Asobo PC-6 comes with floats/skis like the Husky and XCub.

3 Likes

Jorg mentioned it did during the Q&A, the variants were wheels with classic cockpit, wheels with glass cockpit, skiā€™s with classic cockpit, float with glass cockpit.

2 Likes

@Jummivana does the F/A18 Superhornet comes with a dual seater version F or single seat only version E? Also does it come with an external tanks for longer flight range and can it go supersonic?

Itā€™s exactly the same scene from the original MSFS trailer. In fact both trailers are almost identical except the F/18 footage.

Dear fellow pilots, how will the switch from Game Pass to GOTY edition work for me on PC? To initially play MSFS, I started a subscription to the MS Game Pass on PC (which means that I play the standard edition of MSFS).

Since I hardly ever play other games that come with the subscription, I think about terminating that and just buying MSFS. I heard about the recently announced ā€œGame of the Yearā€ edition and decided that this would be a good time to do that.

But, what will happen to my installation? Is its just an ā€œadministrativeā€ switch over, or will files be deleted/reinstalled? I would like to prevent that and just have MSFS install the updates from standard to GOTY, nothing else.

Anyone ever switched from Game Pass to a purchased edition of MSFS? Did you buy the edition first and then ended the GP subscription or the other way round? I would be glad for any helpful advise on that, thanks in advance!

Yes to this bit - Mach 1.6 at optimal altitude - confirmed int he dev Q&A this week. Donā€™t know about the other bits though.

Lets hope they fix the Bush Trips with this new edition.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t think you cared about the Bush Trips at all!? :woozy_face:

Today I saw the trailer ā€¦ EXCELLENT! AMAZING! AWEWSOME!
Only I hope to finally get to see the tropical waters and coral reefs like in the promo trailer.
and I hope donā€™t see anymore boats and docks under waterā€¦
Thanks to MS & Asobo for this great MSFSā€¦ I canā€™t wait for this ā€¦

Thatā€™s amazing then! Thanks for mentioning it.

I hope missing live weather gust winds at airports get fixed. Asobo fixed them in the custom weather with the last SU6 but not in live weather.

The issue is that winds at any airport in live weather are basically static or +/- 1 kts. There is a large thread dedicated to this here: [BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts regardless of how gust sliders are set. No data displayed in the "Wind Graph". Broken for both PC and Xbox, both manual AND LIVE WEATHER

Missing gust winds in live weather is my no. 1 issue in the sim currently. It makes landings in live weather a bit dull.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t expect to see airport wind gusts unless the current METAR for that airport actually reports gusts. Much of the time, METARS will show a steady state wind.

I donā€™t know if this answers you, but I tried it on the $1 Game Pass for a couple of months, then just bought it outright while on Game Pass and continued playing, as I recall. It just became digitally owned. I donā€™t recall having to reinstall. Didnā€™t continue with Game Pass.

Volocopter! WOOHOOO!

: Ahem :

WOOHOOO!!!

1 Like

I missed this. Does this imply that they fixed the air data? Have they figured out the impact of local air temperatures ahead of and behind shockwaves?

Letā€™s not forget what temperatures did to altimetry just a couple mons agoā€¦

I started with Gamepass (which I have anyhow) last year and then bought the Premium Deluxe after some months. With a 20% Gamepass Discount, that was a nice touch.

Thereā€™s nothing you need to do. Itā€™s just that before you rented the license and now you own it.

The installation stays the same. If you buy Premium or Deluxe you will have to download the Premium or Deluxe package in the Marketplace.