Official Discussion: Gamescom Announcements

A balloon… where’s the ballast drop, where’s the fire control :grin: do we have any ballast left or is it going to be a water landing…

I wonder if these “missions” could be done with addons ? Asobo now facilitates 2 missions ingame: landing challenges and bush trips. There are addons for both. Maybe in a future version, some more scripting could be added to MSFS ? to allow for e.g. sail plane towing, bush fires and fire extinguisers, or rescue missions… it is easy to put an AI aircraft somewhere… or receive distress calls… or put some persons on a mountain, one lying flat and serve the medical emergency.

Suppose I’d buy a Cessna C-19, i get a mode with glider towing, it has a button in the cockpit, for rolling out and retracting the tow cable, you detach by flying under it, at a proper altitude. The AI glider will proceed its path… some curve… your Cessna descends… and the tow cable is rolled back in.

can’t wait for WU6 and of course the junkers… but the volocopter catch my eye!
gonna try that one for sure! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To whoever added the Volocopter: “Thank you”. It’s going to be fun. Can’t wait.

I wonder if we also get the Volodrone.

3 Likes

So late to this but super cool to see this. I’ve had another opportunity to learn about Volocopter and really impressed. I think having a flight simulator that not only caters to the past and present, but can also serve as an amazing platform to explore the future of flight is absolutely perfect. I think of the future of personal transportation in something like this so I say, bring it on!

1 Like

Not just for the Xbox crowd, but any PC flyer looking for the thrill of a chase, and the delight of a “win”. These concepts are gamer delights and are sure to entertain many!

Of course, every sword has two sides.

The biggest needs of simmers (and cockpit builders, we the minority) remain a work in progress and in the interim, MSFS/ASBO have given us a sweet glimpse into the future while we wait for improved ATC, IFR, solid replay tool, multi-monitor support etc.

Reno Air Race Expansion 2021 Expansion
MSFS 2022 Pro version maybe???

PS: I predicted the Game of the Year Edition 2 days after the original release last year - the PR force is strong here.

Too much money for what it appears to be.

If it were considerably less I’d be tempted but I’m not paying that much to end up underwhelmed. Once again I could use a demo or refund option.

1 Like

I personally have never seen air racing successfully pulled off, and found it boring or an arcade game. If I want thrilling “action”, I’d just fire up DCS and fly the F18. I have had some awesome online dog fights.

9 Likes

Agree 100%
Yet this expansion has a large target market: the gamer crowd/arcade/“i win” crowd. That market is massive.

Personally, I hope MSFT and Asobo over time bring the focus back to “simulator first” for this product.

Between 1995 and FS X, so many simulator innovations came.

2 Likes

I’m sure the races will appeal to a bunch of people. I’m personally indifferent to it in terms of participating. I don’t plan on buying it.

I just hope that they get it right though. I’d hate for them to be spending a crapload of time over the coming months fixing their first major paid DLC release while negelcting the core aspects of the sim.

10 Likes

It’s not polished or complete enough even for that market.

Unless it was free to play, and even then it would have to compete against free to play games which are more complete and more polished.

Hmmmm…watch this space I guess.
Because unless they fix the “lost all profile/log book/progress” bug that’s been playing out on pc and Xbox since forever…

I’ll give it an honest shot.

1 Like

Bingo.

That’s it right there.

Ps: missing Elgin Ontario where I grew up

4 Likes

Just a stone’s throw away from me up HWY 15. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope they don’t break flight dynamics and controls / sensitivities for other planes while tuning them to racing. We just got some turbulence back, yet what changes are currently being made to make racing easy.

For now I’ll continue the game of racing live traffic to the runway, who ever touches down first triggers a go around call for the other. (ATC doesn’t bother separating planes, landing clearance for everyone)

I’m not convinced yet.

Ofcourse this dlc will come with a ton of new airplanes which is amazing.

But I think that the race itself will get boring overtime considering flying the same circle/lap over and over again.

Or there could be more circuits added in the future.
I don’t know.

If I’m buying this, not sure yet, then it is just for the planes.

I’m not too worried about the core sim itself. This is a DLC, much like the Premium and Deluxe packs are. No matter how badly they mess up the content in there, it shouldn’t have any effect on the base sim, much like the perpetually broken (although finally somewhat improving) PD Edition planes have no effect on the rest of the sim.

The exciting part is going 350+ knots on the deck next to other aircraft. I can imagine a lot of VR users would really enjoy it.

1 Like

I wish I had your confidence, I’ve seen many core systems get broken (in other games) for adding DLC. Plus the core sim is still in a very flexible state. Updates have been getting better though (breaking less than earlier updates) so I’ll remain cautiously optimistic I’ll survive the next update :slight_smile: