Official Discussion: Gamescom Announcements

It’s a win-win regardless if you like air races or not, as it comes with lot of improvements for everyone.

One example is that you can fly much closer together now (without planes disappearing), which will be great news for those enjoying formation flying in multiplayer :slight_smile:

They go through several of these improvements in the latest Q&A.

2 Likes

Oh yeah!! I can imagine VR will be awesome with this.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased all Asobo add on’s. They are great, I’m very happy with the sim . Works as it should. All maxed out graphic settings. This is my hobby and I will be purchasing the Reno Air Races. Looks like fun. Good reason for me to buy a nice joysick. Yeah! and a Xbox controller for PC. Good job Asobo keep improving the sim.

1 Like

No not for me personally, but hope its a success and people really enjoy it. :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t buy in on Asobo add on’s anymore. At least not at release. Fool me once, and so on.

When one comes out that gets rave reviews, then I’ll reconsider, but the last good one was the ultralight, and I did buy it and enjoy it.

Anyhow, week 1 purchases… Not me. Not anymore. There is plenty for me to enjoy in the sim without sending more money up stream right now. I’m still waiting for them to make good on all the extra content of the deluxe edition. I feel like they still owe me about $25.

1 Like

Will buy just for the planes. I’m only really interested in the Texans and Mustangs, but with each class costing $30, they’ve cleverly priced the aircraft so that I have to just buy the whole thing anyway lol

That would be cool. Haven’t seen any evidence the game is headed in that direction though, and more so the other direction unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue: I think this would require Microsoft partnering with a major player in the aviation industry, otherwise this is going to remain a home entertainment title.

I guess it all depends on whether or not they do stuff to the core of the game to make the racing DLC work. If it’s just new maps and scenery and the racing game is part of the add-on only, then it won’t affect it. But then again, this is Asobo…

40 planes for $60. That’s what, $1.50 per plane? Some have modern instruments, some old school instruments. They fly outside the Reno Races just fine.

Then add in you can fly closer now. You can fly closer to the ground. There are tweaks to make particularly the biplanes more responsive.

I’m not a competitive person at all. Never done COD war one. Typically the achievements I’m missing from any game are the multiplayer ones. So the races themselves, I probably won’t end up doing unless they count as an event. But I’m still looking forward to the 18th for the reasons I’ve listed.

2 Likes

yeah I can afford the 20 bucks it takes to get a sense of it - and if the multiplayer racing is good that’s a bonus. Otherwise I have 4 new planes to use in free flight for 5 bucks each…and there’s all the GOTY free addon stuff aside from the RENO kit. Life is good

2 Likes

While I love racing with all my heart and soul, I do not think this style of gameplay is for me.
However, the truely good news is the Mustang. While the other aircraft are somewhat overshadowed by other aircraft in the game, the Mustang offers a new “playstyle” for all of us (something very much lacking in this “overpriced-GA-aircraft-by-small-manufacturer sim”).
The only question now is which Mustang to get: The one from the base pack with three other aircraft for only another 10 $ or a particular one. Ideally one with stock specs, proper range but an autopilot.
I cannot wait to spend a weekend deciding which of the 11 I should get…

P.S.:
Furthermore, if this expansion sells well it will certainly lead to more development done on the game.

3 Likes

Thats my attitude. I’ll give the raving a go but even if its not much fun I’ve got 4 new planes for £20. Seems like a good deal to me.

Thats what I’m thinking. It may be this add on is far more enjoyed in VR.

4 Likes

That would be my concern. That important work on the core was delayed due to resources redirected at this. But it does sound like there are benefits to the sim, such as wake turbulence, and better low level flight info remember the Q&A correctly.

Hopefully true addon isn’t needed for those sim enhancements. I understand wake turbulence will only be caused by larger aircraft, and they won’t be racing, so I assume the addon wouldn’t be needed on that basis.

It’s a great deal and I’m plenty interested in the planes. I’m not a fan of adding races before, well everything else. Thus conflicted, don’t really want to support Reno air races, but do want to support Asobo.

it will be totally arcade…but ah well, can still be fun.

They entered into the deal with Reno Races, and signed a contract, long before they knew that they would be dealing with a plague of issues from SU5. Same thing with Top Gun. That said though, they signed a contract, which means they are legally obligated to deliver content for those two events. Regardless what the community thinks the priorities should be, Asobo is legally obligated to deliver content for this event.

1 Like

It’s sad that developers are not legally obligated to provide bug free software… At least top gun got delayed giving Asobo a chance to fix more things.

2 Likes

Or break them :wink:

1 Like

While I realised I’m not the target group for this, I wish this DLC to be successfull, as it might bring people to the sim who are looking for this in particular.
MSFS will be more colorful with this addons, that’s for sure.

And I still hope, they make a red Bull Air Racing DLC in the future. I don’t care for the soda, but the races are cool.

3 Likes

it’s sad that everywhere you go these days there are more and more folks who demand that everything they touch, witness, or use must be flawless or suit them perfectly…rather than be willing to compromise, adjust, or wait patiently for things to get sorted out.

7 Likes

It’s sad that nowadays it’s accepted practice to release bug riddled incomplete software with the mentality we’ll fix it later. I have no issues waiting, no issues being patient, no issues with delays. I do have issues with wasting my time troubleshooting things that should not happen.

It’s sad that there aren’t more people these days that demand that things work out of the box.

But sure, maybe I should wait a year before getting the Reno DLC. If it’s good, it will be even better a year from now. If it has problems, they should be sorted out by then, If it’s no good, then nothing missed. That seems to be the way to approach software nowadays.

4 Likes