Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Going to take a break for today. I had one exceptional flight this morning and then it went downhill for there. I genuinely can’t even spot the improvements, LOD remains extremely poor, exposure is uncomfortable on the G2, VR frame rates aren’t consistent and pop ins are driving me mad.

Enjoy your CDT

Eaaa… MIcrosoft CTD Simulator :frowning:

2 Likes

Getting pretty upset with the CTD’s… Two during the first load post update. (Empty Community folder)
Random CTD in the world map (various planes, various locations)
Got into one flight, CDT on attempting startup…

Completely, totally, broken right now. Running out of patience, and tolerance frankly…

NOTE: Empty community folder (Deleted it).
UserOpt.cfg is Default / not read only.

Going to try yet ANOTHER full re-install. In the last year have had to do this close to half a dozen times, thank god I have time and unlimited BW…

@ASOBO… please… PLEASE… get this sorted…

1 Like

Everything working awesomely smooth on Xbox series X! Should have my 50th hour today!

Thanks for the responsiveness from the dev team!

2 Likes

ah… you mean it fixed nothing ?.. Some things are fixed and some points are open…

It is fixed what is mentioned wihtin the release notes :slight_smile:

Exactly… This is what we have become.

MSFS is a Microsoft Store app, and if you have your store set to do automatic updates, it can and will update in the background when your computer is switched on and connected to the internet.

The hotfix is just the main MSFS executable file - nothing else. There is nothing to “see”, when the store auto updates in the background.

3 Likes

Definitely a downgrade for high end systems…just add a slider already. Let the user decide what there system can or can not handle

5 Likes

Clouds look exactly the same. Overexposed
Colors are washed out…
Etc… etc…

Saturday here… PC/Store here… last night I did not see any updates, now I’ve got 1.18.15.0

Remark about updating itself: I started the game, was put into Store after a popup. In Store, I am not sure if it actually started automatically, it may take a while. But I went to MSFS in the store, then it started the download. Then I clicked PLAY, it started without issues, with no further updates ingame.

First impression: better. I see more differences between the levels now… and my FpS went down 20->14 for Ultra mode :grin: hurray… and GPU (low end) is limiting again, not the main thread. Pffff… very happy now !

More LOD (see triangular mountain peak in Medium, proper mountain peak in Ultra.

Better reflections in the water… tree distance increase between Medium and Ultra. Haven’t seen that since the Nordic update.

Don’t see changes in buildings or object LOD (aircraft), but clouds are better now on both levels. There is still popping, especially in photogrammetry areas.

Medium

Ultra

4 Likes

I don’t have the Store set to automatic updates.
How comes, the simulator updated ??

There are less and less people here who agree on the degradation of the visuals. So could you come up with a pre and post 1.18.15 example of what you exactly mean by ‘nerfed’?

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I also confirm that this update has fixed, at least for me, lots of things.

• No more CTDs at all. Not even when downloading the Husky airplane.
  • The temperature bug is resolved, meaning I can now use the Live weather again.
  • The graphics in ULTRA are back to normal. Reflections, sky, clouds, the brightness is back to normal too.

What is still not resolved:

• I still need to make switch to “LOW-END” and then back to “ULTRA” to really have the ULTRA graphics configuration set.
  • The COM1 still doesn’t work when I am flying on IVAO. I can use COM2 but not COM1.

Rest is okay, I think the sim is flyable again :slight_smile: Thanks Asobo!

4 Likes

Don’t understand your question.

What is missing? Antialiasing and colors?

At your service, see Madeira screenshots above, Medium (as it was) versus Ultra. The most important differences imho: better clouds on both levels, and between Medium and Ultra the LOD quality and tree distance improved. Photogrammetry on short distance did not change… probably that requires a lot of work (Blackshark ?)

thought you meant the CTD which @VanSlyeR mentioned , because you answered him :slight_smile:

May be it’s the open point in known issues about AI traffic.

But now I seen… I mixed the users :rofl:

EDIT: ah no… I was correct… he reported the CTD with the Coheren…dll

1 Like

Can you please tell us your PC specs, resolution, monitor ( SDR / HDR ) ?
Thank you

Yes that was my point. Maybe I should have chosen other words. What I meant was that more and more people actually agree on the improvement on the visuals. i asked the guy to come up with examples why he thinks that this is not the case.

Thanks for the pics.