Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Uggh
Just flew from Dalas to Philadelphia in a Longitude.
Was on final at 400 feet. Switched off of auto pilot and got a freeze followed by CTD :frowning:

Very Innovative

!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t get the update as it doesn’t show on Microsoft Store also my simulator is not working and force me to update! do I have to download it from a URL or something?

I took off from YRED yesterday and noticed trees growing in what is now a large lake.

+1. I have the same problem, no update in Microsoft Store (1.18.14.0) and FS refuses to start because it needs an update.

I have the same issue in Portsmouth and noticed that one of the buildings (I think it was close to the Gherkin) popped to black on approach too.

After hotfix 1.18.15.0 every flight after 1 minute CTD Crash to Desktop.
MoAppCrash Microsoft.Flightsimulator
Fault module : Flightsimulator.exe

Never had this before.
Tried this 6 times, 6 times CTD after 1 minute.
Msfs2020 waste on my harddrive.
Not able to fly anymore.

1 Like

Hm, SU5 and 1st hotfix were pretty good for me. I did get a CTD on grammar.pggmod and a very rare CTD otherwise, but since 2nd hotfix I am getting CTDs:

• In aircraft selection (both world map and hangar), not reliably reproducible
  • When starting any aircraft (even with different avionics suites), not reliably reproducible
  • On intro video (where you have the “fly now” button), not reliably reproducible
  • During flight, not reliably reproducible

Now, with regards to “clean” installs:
I did get an aircraft selection CTD twice
I did get a flight CTD once

When running with:

• EMPTY community folder
  • Everything uninstalled from marketplace EXCEPT deluxe/premium
  • Live traffic
  • Live weather

It would seem that the new and prominent CTDs are not related to weather changes at all, otherwise they would not be happening during aircraft selection.

There is an open topic about this: Game will not update hotfix 2

2nd flight after the hotfix brought a CTD with the default C208. I realize that wasn’t a part of the hotfix, but it’s so annoying to spend 10 minutes starting up and taxiing only to have a crash 5 feet from the runway.

Traffic is turned off, multiplayer turned off, community folder clear aside from Navigraph data. Experience is now dumbed down and still isn’t stable with a 5900X/3080/32GB.

My feelings for FS2020 are very much shaped by my own personal experience with it.

If I was having constant CTDs/freezes, stuttering, bad fps etc then yes I would regret my purchase. However, for me performance, graphics, immersion etc are so much better than my previous sim X-Plane 11. I also don’t need to spend a fortune if I don’t want to on addons (which was almost obligatory with X-Plane 11) with the exception of decent payware aircraft. I already have a decent 3rd party atc package so I didn’t need to buy this for FS2020.

I’m generally having a lot of fun with FS2020 (so far anyway) but obviously not everybody is in the same boat.

1 Like

Hi JamAir421,

On my case I prefer to have the FPS limited by the driver settings then by the MSFS software. It’s one less thing that MSFS has to worry about :slight_smile:

What I gain is resourcing availability, meaning that my RTX 3070 will be around 75% CPU due to the fact that those 30FPS are rendered inside its GPU performance. Normally the GPU % will fluctuate between 75% and 90% to have a constant 30 FPS rate which is great since it leaves GPU resources for other things if necessary.

If you tend to care about the FPS smoothness then this is how I made it.

Logically if I unlock this FPS limit, then I’ll get 40, 50 FPS but then the GPU % is always at 100%, more risky to have CTDs I guess.

Hope it helps.

Game will not update hotfix 2

1 Like

Hi Aviattore7040,

My monitor supports HDR, and Windows 11 activates that automatically too.

The clouds look great ! I mean, as soon as I do that “low-end / ultra” tweak, they are perfectly rendered like SU4.

Also, before this patch, the water waves stopped moving, and now they are back again with this hotfix 2.

Can live with that so far. Overexposure seems to parially fixed (that strange “swipe” to almost plain white sky when switching back to the cockpit or vertical head move inside the cockpit still exist).

We still need VR sunglasses as the VR sky is to bright for the unaided eye (like real world).

Color banding in clouds over water is still prominent.

5h realtime flight in TBM930 with some switchings from and to VR, esc buttons to safe, all fine, next flight switching from VR to flatscreen in main menue → CTD.

By the way who is doing

the Beta Tests?

very big stuttering with default 2.0 2.0 lod, graphic show very big gpu and gpu ram loading drop down

p.s. strange there was 6.0 6.0… i was sure i change it back to 2. by options, before options get it back

I land at EGLL and this is where i’m told to park…its a long taxi to nowhere.

1 Like

What? I think you need to read that topic again…but if they would go back to the way ram usage was, then all people with 16g or less would complain again about the high use of memory that will give stuttering, low fps and so on. To blame this on xbox alone is a bit to easy and the way that system is built and how it for example use it´s ddr6 ram is more effective than it´s PC counterpart. Makes me wonder if people really know the difference between these systems and how they operate, or just think it´s built and works like a PC. I think what we got with SU5 would probably happened anyway. But the issues, bugs, not to be able to use/utilize higher settings and systems and what not is a whole different thing. For me there is to many issues/bugs to enjoy MSFS and I was fine with pre SU5, would go back to SU4 in a heartbeat, but I think they will sort it out, question is how long will that take. If I would “blame” anything on the xbox maybe it would be the MSFS release date on that console, that forced the SU5 out to soon and in a state that is, shall we say, not so good…

2 Likes

I have 1400 hours play time. I’m trying to make it work but the minor annoyances are quickly becoming major ones.

2 Likes