Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Aha, so are we talking long haul tubeliners? Am more on of the GA / VFR end of things with no AP…

… but the weird lightning bug is back… nice weather, 19C, almost calm, few clouds … and lightning… oh boy … why again, that was already fixed / improved some SUs before…

Microsoft Store doesn’t update my Microsoft Flight Simulator release from 1.18.14.0 to 1.18.15.0.
When I run MSFS it told me that there is a new release to install but there is no way to do that.
So, I CANNOT PLAY MSFS.
Please help me.
I-CNCN

4 Likes

That’s certainly not a quote from my side. I think the community and some developers have created fantastic add ons for this beautiful sim (despite the issues).

And they look better in VR now 8)

I have about 300 hours in GA. I do prefer airliners and I fly at x4 sim rate to fly as many flights as possible. Just about every flight is to an airport I haven’t been with about 450 airports landed at all over the world.

Turn the PC off completely, restart, go into the Microsoft Store (not the sim), go into My Library and the update should download automatically. Took about 30secs

Once it is done, start the sim and all should be good as there is no update required in sim.

Both has its merits and fun parts … with tubeliners, I mostly look at the instruments and dont tear up when looking at the current pity state of the graphics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried logging out & in, used the Xbox app, used the MS store update button, restarted sim multiple times and rebooted all without success. 1.5 hrs later it appeared and downloaded, most likely the file had to propagate across servers, but nonetheless it should not force an update before being available as the sim was completely inaccessible wasting my free time for nothing.

Are there some free jobs where you work? :smiley:

3 Likes

OK, so that is about the opposite end from me! I am low and slow in every sense - have never used the sim rate, let one at 4x! All makes sense now :grin::wink:

1 Like

Run the XBOX app (install it from the Store if you don’t have it). While the XBOX app is running, launch the MS Store, go through Get Updates, etc. Worked for me and is now listed as Official Solution at beginning of this thread. Recommended by Jummivana, etc. Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0 - #446 by JALxml

1 Like

Just tested it and I too have color banding under certain daytime conditions on AMD.

I am sure, just that in five years of P3D, I never got into tubeliners then either. And have never got to grips with autopilots. If I could fly in RL I would definitely be going for vintage Cessnas, Taylorcraft / Austers and De Havillands.

1 Like

Nvidia Geforce reshade filters. You can use them to alter and fine tune the image. Gamma, colour saturation, contrast and many other options. If you’re unaware of them then you won’t be using them so not to worry.

Police officer. Everyone is hiring :joy:. A lot of down time depending where you are and I’m a state officer so it’s a ton of down time.

2 Likes

4x is a life saver when I don’t feel like flying 1 flight for 8 hours. I always go to Flight Aware and fly a real livery on a real flight.

1 Like

Nice work if you can get it! Since I will be working at home for the foreseeable maybe I need to at least set up a tubeliner flight on AP each morning as a dynamic screensaver on my second screen

1 Like

I thought it was WU6??