Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

I’m flying mostly out of MA regional airports. I don’t know how to post screen shots but for example, baseball fields are now pretty much all a vivid “Hunter Green”. Never had this issue before.

When you’re flying, just press Alt+Prt Screen key (it’ll take screen shot of the active window so make sure you’re in the MSFS window or app). Then you can just Ctrl+V paste it in here.

1 Like

I’m back from a 20 day vacation. So a few minutes ago was my first time playing MSFS since July 16th. Once downloaded SU5 MSFS was already with hotfix2. I had 2 CTD during download, but probably because I started plugging USB consoles and opening other software during the update.

I did not pay too much attention to LOD before so I am not going to comment on that just yet.

I can clearly notice that everything is much much blurrier. From the cockpit buttons (not the glass displays elements - these remains as sharp as before SU5), to the lights on the runway on final approach, night lights etc… Seems as like I am using 80% render scaling as it was prior to SU5. Some clouds look strange and less defined. I don’t like it. Doesn’t seem 4k resolution.

Contrast and colours seem different. For example, during the Aspen approach challenge it was so beautiful. Such intense colours and contrast and immersive ambient (clouds, fog etc…). It is certainly worse for me at this moment and much less “real”.

AI buildings definately seem less “3d”, or “volumetric” looking. They look kinda flat now.

I run almost everything in ultra (tried turning off bloom to see if the blurryness was due to that, but no) and at 4k resolution on a 42 inch TV.

FPS has increased, but probably due to graphical downgrades.

My rig is an Intel 10900k @5.0 ghz, 32gb RAM @3600, M2 2TB Firecuda, Asus Strix RTX 3090 and a great 1000w power supply.

Edit:

Below screenshots comparing the Aspen challenge in September/2020 vs SU5. Please disregard colour since the screenshot from Sep/20 was shot on my mobile phone. Look at the number of light bulbs lighting up the road. The lights at the city are also brighter and “fuller”. What a difference. I wonder if this is a downgrade or if the road in fact had too much light and was corrected. I have another sceenshot of this same approach taken on march 2021. The city lights are also much fuller… I prefer before… :frowning:

5 Likes

Thanks for that thought, as someone else also suggested to me: Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0 - #1380 by JALxml. As I replied, if it’s so easy to do, then MS needs to implement the same in the update process itself and do more to identify potential problem packages in the Community folder based on the code in the latest update and what’s in a user’s Community folder. May be asking the impossible but there’s got to be something better than the monkey business that goes on now …

Since 1.18.15.0 was installed, I have had 12 CTDs and several application hangs (not responding), most after FLY! and before flying. I have been trying different graphics settings which may have caused some of these. A very strange thing happens after the CTD. I re-use the same flight and it works! The same thing has happened on the discovery flights. I’ll start one, CTD, restart works fine. Very strange!

Same here. I set Vsync to max 60 FPS in the game options and now the CTDs are almost gone. Could be a coincidence, who knows, but worth trying if you are still having issues.

If not your gpu your chipset is probably overheating, that’s if it’s not toast already

FS2020 menus still burning GPUs, racking up electricity bills and killing the planet! Why? So we can see hangar doors opening and closing, nice one :man_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

@hobanagerik Leave it to me to use what I thought was a simple example of an emailed file to make a point about the vagaries of bandwidth to an Exchange admin. DOH!! The point is overall bandwidth performance is about way more factors than how big your pipe is and how big my pipe is, when we’re trying to share data across thousands of miles and hundreds of hops.

Which I’d bet money you already know lol…

Kev

1 Like

thanks, but it didn’t work

Anyone notice this? What is PITOT??.. :rofl:

1 Like

Pitot tube - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Does this have anything to do with heat?

not internally. it’s Pitot heat. It is heat to the probe that gives you your airspeed and other air data

honestly, I thought they misspelled pilot… :rofl:

3 Likes

Yea its borked, AI and ATC seems to be worse. I just completed an A320 flight and when tuned Ground there was no Taxi to Parking/Gate option, just Taxi for Takeoff Options as if I was already at the Gate. Hopefully just a one off…

AI is also as comically bad as ever, with planes slowing from touchdown in 2 seconds to 12 knots, then ambling 2000 feet down the runway with ATC asking to vacate and other planes performing go-arounds.

Same bug from FSX since 2004, is this some kind of record!

1 Like

SET PILOT HEAT :joy:

You’re right about that! Head on over to Fly By Wire’s website, get the installer, and download the latest dev version of their mod. You won’t be sorry. But update a LOT, they’ve been to known to push updates as frequently as 9 times per day.

Yep, I’m also a network, and firewall admin. :wink:

another question. though it’s minor compared to all the issues folks are having, has anyone else had their log book reset? after the update my log book was wiped out. had close to 300hrs now only 4hrs…