Official Discussion: November 11th, 2021 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

People are not going to be happy again…

13 Likes

Shame this is turning into an airport simulator for Xbox users. How many weeks now without the JF Arrows, Corsair, Seneca, I could go on…

18 Likes

I must admit, having come from Xbox to PC and tuning in every week to see whats released on the store, the Xbox crowd are getting one hell of a rough ride here. Maybe someone should address this on the next Q&A.

The last two weeks have been pretty poor. Also on PC why is the Just Flight Piper nearly 38 quid but if you buy from them direct its 29 quid?

7 Likes

Dear goodness, this is shameful.

I have no interest in the Reno air races DLC, so I guess that’s going to be another week of airports to look forward to…

Imagine being able to buy add-ons for Forza, but finding out that there are no cars available to purchase, just some nicer looking garages. It’s ridiculous.

22 Likes

What a great analogy. I’m not spending a dime on Reno until they start taking the Xbox side of the marketplace seriously. It’s like they are intentionally starving the Xbox market of quality 3PD aircraft hoping to juice up Reno sales.

8 Likes

They should have announced the xbox version accurately, letting everyone know that xbox users are going to be second class citizens and get the crumbs on the table cloth. It doesn’t matter that xbox users pay the same amount for the game as pc users they won’t have access to anything like the range of dlc that pc users get.

15 Likes

At this point, I expect it to be consistently poor for the Xbox. So, I’m no longer disappointed, as my expectations are being met. I expect there to be nothing on the development update regarding aircraft. I should’ve put money on it.

5 Likes

OK so my understanding is that between SU7 11/18/2021 to SU8 02/22/2022, there would be no planned updates

And SU8 would be a huge bug fix patch. I hope this means from November 2021 to April 2022 (SU9 expected), which is almost half a year, MSFS would perform mostly stably

5 Likes

Well, the above comments certainly make a change for the Comments from PC users, that MSFS is being DUMBED down for the X-Box platform

Note: I specifically said X-Box PLATFORM and Not X-Box USERS.

4 Likes

Come on! ORBX’s LOWI still hasn’t been updated in the marketplace yet, how long was it now, a month? Should have bought it through their site like I did with JF’s Arrow Turbo :(.

You know everyone probably just skips across them but I really like the sdk teams updates, even though I’m not a developer. They’re informative and give an insight into the continous work being put into the sdk features.

I would love if the main dev updates could be done in a similar fashion, with more insights, teasers and bug fix progress updates.

Looking forward to the 18th!

10 Likes

Changelog for SU7?

All - In my opinion, Xbox users and PC users should have seperate versions to use. The requirements for both platforms mean, someone loses in the development cycle.

Two platforms seperate would allow vendors to concentrate on one or the other, and believe me the bread is buttered on the side most profitable. You figure it out. Plus, no one has convienced me, that the PC side does not suffer, when fixes and development is pushed toward the Xbox side. And the other way as well. Seperate development would then balance out both worlds, it would slow development, but that then would be better for both groups.

Now you techno wizes are going to jump all over this I know.

6 Likes

Probably not worth the effort as Xbox users will start falling off rather quickly due to a lack of quality marketplace support and 3rd party aircraft. This coming from someone who loves to fly almost daily on console.

5 Likes

I sometimes feel that the development of FS2020 is like swimming through treacle backwards.

Take AI traffic for example. AIG and Aerosoft try to produce intelligent, functional AI traffic but are completely screwed by the inadequacy of the SDK.

Microsobo are aware of its deficiencies yet always shy away from meaningful discussion of AI traffic, preferring instead to talk only about liveries.

It now seems that Microsobo have managed to disappoint both Xbox and PC users in one go, with development of AI traffic pushed further away to 2022.

Quite an achievement really in terms of negative results…

11 Likes

since september 7, WU6 broke it…we are in 12 of november…no words to describe the priorities on this game

6 Likes

Totally disagree – we waited MONTHS for some of the good mods to buy in the marketplace.

3 Likes

It’s console user’s only marketplace. It’s not like the Xbox release snuck up on them. It was in the pipeline the entire time. They’ve had quite a while to address this issue.

3 Likes