Official Discussion: September 9th, 2020 Development Update

Yeah, but they actually stated the Seneca V was coming “in the coming days” over 2 weeks ago.

To think the 777, a reskinned 747-8i won’t suffer avionics black outs, is a joke since it uses the same avionics.

The Corsair dev says Xbox will come as it is just a DRM issue. Still pathetic that the two stores use different DRM but no one ever accused MS of being streamlined…

Nope I get it, they definitely should not have announced the Seneca if it was going to be longer than “in the coming days”.

Also Just Flight has been pretty vocal when responding questions on social media that they have already provided the files to MS/Asobo weeks ago so that’s where my frustration comes from.

Good dev update this week. The hotfix sounds good and looks like it will iron out the bulk of the kinks in WU6. With back to back sim updates in Oct/Nov, things are looking good, plus a bit more info on VR which is nice.

The update/installation issues seem to have been the bulk of the heat this time on WU6. Getting a little clarity on whether the Xbox app actually is mandatory would be helpful.

Edit - and London Landmarks finally updated in the marketplace plus the Corsair at last - yay!

3 Likes

Tough choice between the F-14 and F15 on Xbox. Any community feedback is appreciated.

FYI, there’s a trivial typo your web friendly version of the development update (Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator) that you may want to fix. It shows Mid October and Late October in the November schedule. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Why is it taking so long for the marketplace to update today?

Will update in about 2.5 hours if it is on time…

1 Like

Agreed. I like this section. Also happy to see sim updates are coming now since maverick got postponed. Whew.

2 Likes

Agreed. Really was hoping this would have been a simple/easy fix since we had this before SU5.

Maybe Jayne or Seedy will have more info.

Its over an hour past when the marketplace usually updates in my region. Won’t be surprised if we get another technical issue delay for a week…

Edit: The marketplace just updated for me on Xbox.

G1000, the trim wheel is too sensitive.

• This is currently being fixed for a target release of Sim Update 6.

Really happy!

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder why SU6 and SU7 are within a few weeks of each other?

Why not combine them into a single update at the later date and let things cook a little more?

I imagine there would also be quite a bit of savings in time and effort in prepping one less update and everything associated with it, development and marketing effort that perhaps could be better used elsewhere?

Also, how come the pictures don’t pop out in the forum thread? I had to zoom my web page to read the pictures.

Let’s not forget that some major changes were made at SU5. So, just because it worked prior to SU5 does not imply in any way that the fix would be easy. If it were, it would not likely have gotten broken in the first place, if you know what I mean.

The F-14 is a big improvement over the F-15 as it was developed very early on.

1 Like

Awesome job with the marketplace release for this week. I still prefer more content than the usual 5-8 items per week.

Will the FDE and weather issues be addressed in the upcoming updates or you are all in for an eye-candy? We’ve been living without wind gusts for a couple of updates. Or it’s not a bug and they were deliberately turned off to please the crowd, just like you did with the thermals and such? Don’t get me wrong, but this travel simulator is far away from what it’s been advertised. If you are not capable of bringing realism to the “simulator”, let the others like HiFi to do your job.

7 Likes

Very nice update thanks @Jummivana

Pleased to see VR FINALLY getting some TLC, Bugs before Wishes so I don’t mind that list barely changing (bar the controller support which I’m not interested in anyway).

However, Navigation Lights need fixing - this is a massive oversight that should’ve been dealt with in a hotfix after SU5 not “maybe” in SU6, that’s not good enough. SU5 new bugs and regressions need to have ultimate priority in the Fix It Now list.

2 Likes

I also was curious as to why this change was made considering sim updates were scheduled pretty much every other month of each other. maybe something big is coming or some issues came up etc that made it get pushed back but I don’t understand either why two updates at almost the same time.

a year has 365 coming days… :rofl:
sorry…it was too easy. I understand your frustration.