Official Discussion: September 9th, 2020 Development Update

Yeah, I picked up on the HR speak, but everything else they listed in the same post has already been released…

With how the releases went last period and how the community responded on it, to me it sounds logical. I suspect fixes in SU6 going to be evaluated and where still issues found, possibly to be corrected in 7 with planned, possible small improvements. It would reduce developer stress that way.

3 Likes

And again no Piper from Just Flight… very disapointing

Thanks for this opportunity.
Do you know if the issue of the game freezing after choosing ready to fly on the world map as progress bar gets to half way then just stops on series x?
It’s random airports and one minute it can work and the next impossible to load into an airport no matter what live settings I choose and even with everything off. Thanks.

SU7 is the Reno Races update, so I wonder if this will be predominantly Reno-related patch and not a sim update in the usual sense.

1 Like

Still zero acknowledgment of missing wind gusts. I don’t know what to think anymore. Isn’t wind kind of a major thing in a flight simulator?

6 Likes

The photogrammetry / detailed textures for random buildings (not the PI ones, hand drawn), are now missing / terrible. Blurry, edgy etc. it’s not “everywhere”, but many big cities are just a mess now. The game is unplayable as being so ugly.

1 Like

Nah, for this piece of the buggiest software I’ve ever seen in my life it looks like it’s all about eye-candy because it brings more money. The devs are real crowd pleasers and would rather release another bells and whistles world update than fix fundamental bugs. It’s not even funny how they pretend not to see the weather topics.

1 Like

Perhaps they are waiting for the implementation of the new weather system? But if so, why don’t they communicate that? Or leave the wind gusts in the game while working on something new. I really hope we’ll get some more info in the dev Q&A.

4 Likes

Great decision, two SU in a row! A robust and extensible sim platform is what we really need now.

Not to spoil your rant but have you actually tried it?
Winds definitely gust with live weather, everything is far more lively in the air after wu6.
I think the graph in the weather setting panel may be broken though

@Jummivana

an error with traffic navigation lights has already been resolved by the community.

Give it to Asobo if they can’t figure it out.

Here’s the patch

4 Likes

Can you elaborate what you tested and when? surface winds? which airport?
are you sure you’ve seen significant airspeed fluctuations and not just mechanical turbulence ?
If you haven’t seen this bug post, I strongly suggest to update your findings there : No wind gusts regardless of how gust sliders are set. No data displayed in the "Wind Graph". Broken for PC and Xbox!
There are many people eagerly waiting for this to really work as it used to pre-SU4, and I’ve been thoroughly testing this even since it’s gone.

7 Likes

:+1: for the “COMMUNITY TRIAGE UPDATE” - That’s a right step in improving communication and follow-up. Hopefully we get to see more updates and more communication from MS/Asobo regarding open issues and bugs.

As for the upcoming updates and hotfixes, due to the nature of the sim forced updates (my POV regarding why not Any plans to avoid forced updates and allowing us to rollback into an older version?)
the very minimum approach should be:

• Obvious and serious functionality regressions - HOTFIX ASAP - i.e. AI lights, wind gusts, trim issues, etc…
  • Any other improvements and features can be delivered as part of the SIM/World updates.

Hotfixes should come as many and as much as feasible and needed, it should be continuous fixing especially when the sim updates are so far from each other. Too many people are “taking turns” in being grounded after each sim update , and many regressions are left broken for months without clear communication of whether and when they will be fixed.

11 Likes

Hi, Do you have some info about this issue @Jummivana

Would be nice to have some feedback of the windgusts issue that are broken since su4. I think It should have been fixed in a hotfix before su5. Why the prioritizing of eyecandy all the time? The nightlighting we can fix now if we have renderscaling to 100. Windgusts we cant fix. Nothing happens when we change it in custom weather.

10 Likes

it is not clear that how it was possible to break almost everything in different aspects of the simulator when optimizing for xbox ???

1 Like

$40. Wow! Anybody old enough to remember CFS2? Good Times. The whole game was $50.
I’ll have to try it.

It was kind of a special case, Sim Update 5 was being worked on for 6+ months (while the team had to work on the other updates in parallel), and its release was the result of several branches getting merged. It’s probably why some small problems (which were fixed with Sim Update 4) and the old installation issues returned I guess.

Now that the amount of active branches is reduced, I imagine there will be more stability moving forward. I hope they bring back regular beta testing, even for World Updates.

5 Likes

I just put it in today to last update and the update icon doesn’t appear for me in the MS store.The FS inactive here.

Remind me the next time we have to pay for a World Update…

7 Likes