[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Same story here. :wink:

2 Likes

I like how when it reaches 275k ft, the plane levels and basically it’s like having AP ALT Hold.

1 Like

Ah, so that was your Darkstar I passed over Greenland ;D

Wait, the Darkstar can actually go that high??

I think going anything faster than M3 < 50k ft would cause me stutters due to scenery loading, but if I can cruise at >80-100kft, should have less stutters with less ground detail pulled.

Finally Trans-Atlantic flights possible now on Xbox without CTD :laughing:

2 Likes

When I want to fly a military aircraft simulation with any semblance of realistic flight modeling, I use DCS. Already have the Hornet there. Wouldn’t spend a nickel for one here just because Cruise made another flick.

I only come to MSFS for the scenery. And with that, it is awesome.

I know it’s probably been said before - if someone could combine DCS flight modeling / aircraft fidelity with MSFS scenery… then we’d have a serious flight simulator.

5 Likes

There is a graphic on the screen when you press one of the buttons near the screen that takes you through it

Can you please screen shot this if possible? Want to attempt to fly this plane later on.

Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

If you are going to try to do it you have to be in the plane anyway…

Possibly a mod causing it.

is there any AP with the Darkstar?

That’s kinda how it is unfortunately…

Is the stratosphere challenge possible on Xbox as the darkstar maxes out at M1.5 ?

Not being funny but I thought the reason people use forums is to engage with each other ?

2 Likes

Fumbling through my first Darkstar flight, knowing I had to get around M4 before the scramjet engages, stalling at 50k feet, recovering somehow, assuming the beeping was because I was too slow for scramjets, figuring out I need to turn on the fuel cells, realizing what engine 3 and engine 4 were, then hearing the scramjet engage and watching my speed climb to M9+, asking and receiving ATC clearance to and beyond FL1000 (!), seeing the plane glow orange, landing (hard) at KSAN after a trans-continental flight…

THAT was fun!

2 Likes

What is the landing speed for experimental darkstar???

Young Maverick looked the same…

1 Like

225 kts per the checklist

Thanks for helping