[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Not sure there’s any point with AP at Mach 10. Flights are over so fast.

1 Like

Just here to thank Asobo and the dev/(s) for the free DLC. What a treat.
Possibly the most impressive free DLC Ive ever played.

Hits different after the movie. Asobo, you guys ROCK.

6 Likes

For over a year mind you!!

Why everyone hating on this when they added something most of us didn’t notice

A helicopter thing

1 Like

The low-level flying challenges are great and the carrier landing challenge is hard - it’s been months since I’ve flown the F-18 and it shows.

How-the-heck-ever … I’m annoyed as ■■■■ that the little demo game clip I made showing the tie-in to friends in a closed, private FB group was auto-stricken for copyright violations as soon as it processed. How can you even help advertise fun stuff to your own friends when the Copyright Police are breathing down your neck? Infuriating.

2 Likes

Well said!

1 Like

I have yet to play this yet but I love all of the positive reviews! Curious for those doing the Mach 10 thing…is it possible, and how long would it take, to fly from Phoenix, Az to Tucson, AZ at Mach 10? lol would it be like 10 seconds?

Also how long does it take that plane to slow down to land after going to mach 10?

I will be trying this out Saturday :smiley:

Last question, how is it working on XBOX? ok? good? awesome?

I went into space today and I was almost scared. Space is dark and empty.

I regret spending $ 37 on the F-16. I’m sure the F-16 is an amazing Aircraft in real life. If I only knew DarkStar was on its way.

5 Likes

For the first time since SU6, my sim is now a stutterfest.
: /

1 Like

People will appreciate this expansion a lot more after they see the movie. I get the feeling most people here haven’t. You know Skunkworks helped design the Darkstar. They say China even reoriented a spy satellite during filming. The Darkstar mission is definitely an experience, I love the music and ambience

3 Likes

After this update, my sound is severely cracking, especially when moving, lovely.

3 Likes

Confirmed here as well

2 Likes

I just want to say, my previous comment today felt a little harsh and I wanted to correct that. I was disappointed by the lack of an aircraft carrier on the world map, and I still really am - it bummed me out. But I’m totally grateful for the F/A-18 and the Darkstar. The two aircraft are a ton of fun and I’m appreciative. I just hope a carrier can be added to the game so I can have a ton of fun landing and taking off on it. But it’s a fun update, thanks!

17 Likes

George H.W. Bush carrier is available for purchase in the market place for $ 10. The package has received a very low score of 2.5 out of 5 by the people who purchased it. I wanted to see if others here recommend the carrier or not

I did make a tight turn at Mach 10. Started a right-handed U-turn over the ocean south of Catalina, ended the turn at Point Conception.

1 Like

Love the Top Gun features! I went through the training and a few low altitude runs in VR and they were great.

I have not figured out the Darkstar yet. I couldn’t get it above mach 0.8 or above 45k. I’ll figure it out eventually. Eventually I had pushed and turned enough buttons and knobs to get it into and unrecoverable dive. It had me achieving 10% slope up and on GPS but had no hope of the mach 3 objective.

Same problem. Big white letters blocking the screen!

1 Like

Scroll through this thread, only takes a few seconds. You’ll find lots of posts for you answer, how to and a couple vids too.

2 Likes

I believe I had this setting disabled prior to the update, so not sure if the update re-enabled it or not, but turning Active Spatial Sound off in the sound settings fixed the issue for me.

Darkstar’s only redeeming quality is speed. The hard world ceiling at 275k feet is kind of comic.

For some reason they let you tune NAV, but I can’t get it to display anything. Kinda hard to land a plane with no forward view AND no ILS relying on a Synth Vision screen that doesn’t draw airports till you’re about 75 feet away from them. I did get it down at Nellis AFB, but it looked more like a carrier slam down landing than anything you’d do on land normally.

Luckily its stall speed seems to be just a little slower than an old lady on a walker, so you get lots of time to sort it all out.