Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Good that you say this. It is actually the people who were critical AND took the time to document their findings with pictures, system related information and so on. NOT the people who were only accusing Asobo of plotting against the PC community, ban management, nerfed developers, and taking them to court.
Lots of discussions got lost in bickering. What some people tried to do here was trying to get more information, because for some trere was no problem and for others there was. I take @gordongreig as a great example of patiently doing this. I am convinced that his contributions amongst many others, also from the (very) critical posters, have contributed to this hotfix and the other improvements down the road(map).

So instead of a polarizing ā€˜checkmateā€™ I would rather say, Check mate, we did this together!

8 Likes

Any news on the Xbox controller vibration that is missing after the update?

Are you using an Xbox controller to control the drone? Almost sounds like stick drift from the Xbox controller rotating the image.

thanks for update

yes I am, I have the latest version etc.
What is weird since the last update all of my Marketplace purchases do not show up in the content and also in the Sim and some Asobo planes either , like B787 , Longitude. Have no idea what happened. Before the update all was fine! The helpdesk asked me to migrate via XBOX. no results. Help!

Is there any update on the anti aliasing issue in VR

2 Likes

Great news, looking forward to the update.

Dont forget about the sdk problems too

very nice info update looking forward to seeing u6

Great news, good job Asobo team.

I do not get any AI live traffic or AI generated traffic since last SU5, at any of the big airports. Donā€™t know why some people have this problem and others donā€™t, weird.

They will, they need to keep their jobsā€¦people, Iā€™m joking, please do not understand my comment with negativity.

@Jummivana, let me add my thanks for the news provided today and to the team for the announced upcoming fixes.

Your hard work does not go unnoticed, and is appreciated by many!

Looking forward to the upcoming hotfix and the other fixes coming soon with WU6. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Provided they deliver all this: Where can I eat my humble pƬe?

Looks like they really want us to stay and play their sim for the next 10 year like they said.

@Jummivana Please take a look also at Microsoft store if possible because the only way I had to get the hotfix was to uninstall everything and re-download the sim.
My windows setup is fine and I tried everything to obtain the hotfix (also resetting the Microsoft store or waiting several minutes on msfs page).

I read that also other people experienced the same issue.
Thank you for your work.

@Jummivana - thanks for the update!

WRT pixels per pixel, note that most of the people complaining about this issue from altitude are posting screenshots where theyā€™ve zoomed in to a much narrower FOV than the default camera setting. If scrolling and zooming in still shows poor pixel density of the terrain ground textures after the next patch, I expect people will remain upset.

No mention of a fix for the world update 3 (UK) buildings. Has this been recognised as a bug? Iā€™ve had to remove world update 3 to get buildings in cities like Edinburgh.

SU5 with WU3

SU5 without WU3

2 Likes

@Jummivana Good evening and thank you for the update and all your efforts in general. Apologies if this has already been raised in this thread. The popping and momentary freezing is accentuated when approaching, taxiing and departing airports and switching between cockpit camera and showcase camera (but not when switching between cockpit and external view - I guess this is because the scenery you see from cockpit and external view default (back of aircraft) is the same only with a different zoom). After take-off and before landing this problem is not there anymore (as far as the camera switching is concerned - landscape popping is still happening).

Can we please fix

You can read all about this in the original post!