Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

See here:

I was wondering the same, it’s not clear if this is just for PC or also includes fixes to the xbox version

I would assume it will be for both considering the fact that there is only one version for both architectures. But this is of course has to be confirmed by ASOBO.

I know that you have asked this on quite a few threads (not criticising at all.I would do the same :slightly_smiling_face:) and nobody yet has given a clear answer.

Maybe a moderator or just somebody with a bit of inside knowledge can clear this up for you. It should really have been made clear in the announcement (which was very welcome and appreciated) whether the update also applied to the Xbox.

Sorry I can’t help you. I don’t know either :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Volumetric Lighting was probably killed to get the sim working within the limited capabilities of the xbox.

But you never know, maybe they find another optimization and get it working again.

I agreed on the announcement, it was welcome and appreciated, just not clear on what platform the hot fix is for.

1 Like

Yes, I totally understand :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’ll be for both. Since we’re running the same app between PC and XBox

2 Likes

I doubt that very much. Xbox very much capable of this.

1 Like

When is the update that will fix the controls on menus and cockpit. Extremely hard to operate at the moment.
Also basic functionality that was removed like zooming on pop out windows the patch have taken the pc experience back considerably.

I think you underestimate the scale here. I’m not sure where your experience lies (and I’m not discrediting that experience btw), but, this is not as simple as the FS team at Asobo outputting emails/posting to forums.

The thing is, this is a developer-publisher relationship. This means Microsoft handles the communication and Asobo (a separate/independent company from MS) focuses on the development and maintenance of the platform (MSFS).

The devs have to look at the thousands of submitted bug reports via zendesk (most of which would be repetitions of the same issue) then they have to garner as much information about these bugs as possible; where does it occur (in the sim/world map); when does it occur (e.g. immediate or progressive; what are the system specs; is this a user unique problem?.. etc.

Then they would have to compile a list on which things would be the fastest to triage and rank/weight by priority/urgency and then once they have ascertained root cause of issues and fixes can they only turn around to the MS community team to update the community on what their plans for dealing with these problems are.

This is a platform after all, it’s not as simple as finding a fix and pushing it out immediately, since if this is done too fast it can induce more glitches and bugs.

Anyway, life continues.

3 Likes

Upcoming hotfix sounds great, my only reservation is for people with lower spec pcs, I run an i5, 7500, gtx 1060 6gb, and i play in VR. Since update 5 iI have seen a much improved frame rate, I understand the users with powerful pc’s have seen degradation in graphics, but us with lower specs do not want to lose the performance improvements that have been gained with update 5!

1 Like

Hello,

Could you improve the taxi lights in VR? When I fly Aerosoft CRJ900 at night is impossible see nothing with taxi lights in VR. Thank you a lot!.

There is another thing that could be improved a lot, is the behavior of the plane. If we buy it with DCS, the flight model gives you the feeling of being flying and that the plane is fragile to the pilot’s reactions, in Flight Simulator all planes look like bricks. The best thing is to try DCS and see the incredible flight model they have.

Thank you.

Thanks for listening and for working on these fixes!

I’d say the planned slider for cached scenery will be very useful for precisely this reason.
I too have seen massive improvements with the last update (over100% fps) although the hotfix has tempered that a little.

1 Like

Thank you ! :+1:

1 Like

@Jummivana did so, several times, but in retrospect maybe she should have put them in News & Announcements category.

Its been a week everyone, sheesh.

No. The fixes are not coming because of vitriol and hateful posts, absolutely not. The fixes come, because many people reported issues, and reported those in a constructive way. There are always multiple ways that one can take, to communicate issues to the devs. You can bash the devs, call for their replacement, post offensive memes, compare fs2020 to Minecraft all day long, but in the end it was the patient, calm and collected majority, that simply stated what the issues are, without having to act inapropriately. It’s sad that some still see this infantile behavior as justified,It still isn’t.

20 Likes

Thanks Jummivana for keeping us in the loop.

However I think we also need some info on why some people are having big problems with downloading. I understand that much of it is beyond Asobo and Microsoft’s control but a more in depth explanation and list of possible solutions might help all of us.