Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Vote here for the -99999 Bug
(XBOX) maximum\minimum values bug (?) when using knobs - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Alright so all you can do is complain and not even try to be constructive. Sorry man.

OMG! THANK YOU! This is going to be a lifesaver. Thank you.

But this just goes to show if 3rd party modders can solve this stuff, like why can’t Asobo.

But thanks. I can’t wait to try this.

I wouldn’t attack anyone for making a mistake, but changing the configuration of key binds etc in the control options without warning folk was not a good idea, and this was definitely done at the expense of PC users. Not the end of the world but heads-up would have saved days of stress to the customer!

My Sim was running great very rarely crashing, now I have it up and running again after days of making changes just to fly my favourite aircraft.

It is super smooth now and most settings on Ultra and LOD @ 130.

But am off to the zendesk to file a few bugs.

Calm down man, it’s summertime ; after slamming the door, please go out and play outdoor games
:wink:

3 Likes

This bug is really annoying. Hope this is fixed in the next hotfix. The A320’s altitude selector also randomly gets stuck at 100 feet, forcing us to turn off the autopilot.

1 Like

Hi developpers,
You don’t talk about the LOD for VFR

at 3000 feet, it looks like we are heading towards a dry land, without vegetation or trees

1 Like

LoL. That’s funny. Thanks.

I hoppe they will tell us in todays dev update when the hotfix 2 will be relased and of course I hope it will be tomorrow

Your welcome. Flights in.to has many great free add-ons. Another suggestion would be addon linker. Allows you to link add-ons to MSFS community folder. Great for using what you want instead of having community folder loaded with mods. Also comes in handy when an sim update is coming. Just unlink add-ons and you have a empty community folder.:+1:

Thanks. It says limit, I can’t vote, even though I’ve never voted :rofl:

Thats a laughable thing to say so I presume you’re joking. Anyway as someone who has worked as a professional QA tester I can assure you it is pretty much literally impossible to find certain bugs until lots of people start playing something. In fact some bugs only become apparent when thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people start playing something across thousands of hardware set up combinations. Sadly as you know if you play other games such technical difficulties post release are common. Its just a fact of life. QA testers always bare the brunt of the flack. They find bugs. They’re not ever responsible for fixing them. Bare that in mind.

One thing to also bare in mind is the fact that FS2020 is thee most technically ambitious and complex bit of gaming software thats yet been done. I know people very high up in the games industry who utterly marvel at what Asobo have achieved with the sim. Its not just next gen, its beyond next gen.

So baring all that in mind I think some people here should be slightly more grateful for what the beta testers who help Asobo actually do, both in house and externally. Take it from me Its not easy, its really, really not easy.

3 Likes

NOTHING will ever stop that. And it’s not just the past few days, it’s the entire time this forum has been in operation. People here love to complain, and they sometimes complain about things that are so petty it just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some complaints that are very valid. Nothing is perfect, and that certainly includes MSFS, nor will it ever be. Just like all things that are man-made.

But overall there is so much negativity here, it makes me wonder why I keep coming back. But, I’ve made some good, real world friends, from time to time I actually learn something, it gives me an opportunity to lend a hand to those in genuine need, which I actually enjoy.

But I am in complete agreement that the Xbox and PC users should have been segregated into completely different forums if possible, if not at least sub-sections of some kind, but I think it’s too late for that. But maybe the powers that be will come to see that it really is a good idea, who knows.

Kev

1 Like
    • Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.*

Would be really useful/appreciated if a colour saturation and contrast/gamma sliders could also be included (perhaps more a future improvement).
With limitations of current VR hardware what you actually see in the headset can be a little washed out anyway, having extra user control over these aspects to compensate would be a great benefit.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input. I will file it away in the file that follows 12.

What am I missing here, what does that mean?

Mate, I certainly won’t be “flying” that’s for sure. I’m guessing you haven’t been frustrated by CTDs for six months though? đŸ˜”â€đŸ’«đŸ™‚

I hope so!

3 Likes

You may be experiencing a lot of CDTs, but I don’t think it’s nearly as widespread as you probably think. As I’ve explained elsewhere, if you have 2 different computers on a table, both running the same exact software, and one is experiencing a lot of CTDs and the other is not, assuming they are on the same Internet connection (which rules that out as a proximate cause), then the problem lies within the computer that is having the problem. It may be simple- overclocks still on, for example, or failing to remove incompatible mods (or all mods) from the Community folder. Or, it could be more complex than you can imagine. A power supply slowly going bad. A RAM module lacking sufficient thermal paste. Trying to run the sim on just 16GB of RAM, which some seem to be able to get away with while others cannot. In the “more complex” category, the possibilities probably exceed what you can even imagine.

But once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the right answer. And in this case, once you’ve eliminated the Internet, that means there is something specific to the computer itself that is either directly causing the CTDs, or at least helping them out.

2 Likes

That won’t be fixed in a hurry because it’s 90% bing data’s fault, the other 10% they will fix by hand at selected locations nowhere near where you like to fly :neutral_face:

1 Like