[OFFICIAL POLL] Connection Problems? [16 April 2022 and ongoing]

I kind of wonder if it has something to do with this, multiplayer on, live traffic off, so I should only see pilots that are real people I saw this, this morning:

See the plane there to the left?..Thats me from last night where I ended my flight. The only diff is the plane isnt right but thats the exact same spot I log the flight from last night…Whats that about?

Not sure if this will help everyone else but I solved my problem so I thought I would share. The issue might have been related to the use of the Google map enhancement and the new update. It was quite a while since I used the google map replacement and until I was on SU8 everything was fine. The I updated to SU9 and I had the issue as described… I switched to Google maps and back to Bing and everything was fine again!
I hope this will help someone else.

Shhhh your not a loud to mention that other map replacement it is taboo LOL…but this has been known for a long while…

Make sure to check your hosts file in windows you should only have one line with localhost 127.0.0.1, if you have anything else assigned to that address you need to remove them as well, as this will also cause the problem.

I’ve stopped using that a couple of months ago, too much fiddling around. I’ve started experiencing these issues two weeks ago. Very unlike that’s the culprit.

Getting the same disconnect, reconnect, Bing Maps getting turned off automatically every time I get in Sim now.

Not fun. I have very limited time to fly so this is a nasty show stopping persistent fly in your face annoyance.

Not fun. Each update seems to bring new problems to dread. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Don’t think it has to do with the update. But for me, the Bing data has stopped as well. I reenabled it in settings but now it takes forever to load.

And of course the Online Services Monitoring status page is showing everything green, as status pages tend to be outdated all the time.

It may not be. Today I again noticed some ground textures still being low res as I was flying over them and only loading very slowly but “connection lost” only every 10-15 minutes so an “improvement”. If this isn’t SU9 related and only performance/bandwidth issues with Bing, they should be able to see it on their server monitoring…

1 Like

Since SU9 i’m getting frequent connection lost about 5 to 15 minutes. I cleared all the community folder but without any success. I have a 400Mbit/s wired connection with a 38ms ping in the EAST US server… but getting that lost connections.

1 Like

Now, I’m getting CTD after it disconnects, reconnects, and I turn Bing back on.

I’m on the East Coast of USA with a 500mbps wired Internet. This is obviously not on our end.

Seems like it happens alot more often in Italy, especially in Rome, for me than anywhere else.

Edit: Yep, after some testings in Rome, i get this message after like every half a second

Started getting this Connection Lost message alot now. Just making flying impossible along with a number of CTD’s.

1 Like

MS Store MSFS .

Thanks

since update 9, I have a warning message about my internet bandwith - I click Ignore- (nothing has changed except me updating to update 9) and when I zoom in the world map msfs freeze and I have, via the task manager to kill the program. Any idea ?

LOOL…I didn’t even have to start a flight…

Good morning

I do not know if I am alone, but since update 9, I have a warning message about my internet bandwith - I click Ignore- (nothing has changed except me updating to update 9) and when I zoom in the world map msfs freeze and I have, via the task manager to kill the program. Any idea ?

I have both issues, MSFS complains about bandwidth … I never have less than 100 bps and it often reports disconnected …while I have a test app checking the internet connection 10 times a second and it never reports an error (but once every 4 -5 hours) … never had this problem , been running the game several hours a days since launch 2020 and never had a bandwidth issue until Update 9

Please fix that issue i couldnt even fly 10 minutes properly. All i get is connection lost error even if i have a 100 mbit stable internet. This is started after sim update 9. I couldnt do a single flight since the last update.

1 Like

I have been flying for 8 hours… 3 different legs. with no FS shut down in between… no problems all day and only at night it starts to give me those errors… i thougth it was fixed because yesterday it was also thru the day… i don’t know if it has something to do wit area bandwidth… it’s gotta be on MS side…

1 Like

It’s been pretty diabolical. A pop-up occurring every minute in my last flight to tell me that my connection has dropped before it immediately reconnects again.

And whilst this pop-up remains unclicked, the flight controls freeze. :anger:

3 Likes

Same here (EU region), offline dialog every few minutes (and it doesn’t seem to be related to my ISP, since I had stable 600mbps the wole time), even during landing… locking controls.

And after dozen seconds green “connected” popup.

2 Likes